• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please don't laugh Need 22 lr primed brass

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
I need a source for 22 LR primed brass.

Armscor offered it in the past but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks

Re: Please don't laugh Need 22 lr primed brass

ok, I'll bite.

Whatever in the world would you want primed .22 brass for? Are you insinuating that you load your own .22 rounds? Or something else?

I heard several years ago CCI would sell you Primed brass, but you had to buy something like 50 or 100k pcs.

Can I ask why? Not laughing, just curious is all.

I am serious about this. I belong to another fourm and there are several people that reload the 22 rimfire. Because we are unable to find a source for the primed brass most of them do what was suggested and just pull the bullet and dump the powder and start from there. They are trying to make a good quiet subsonic load.

All the target 22lr ammo is subsonic. Can't imagine you could load better than Midas, R50 or Tenex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the target 22lr ammo is subsonic. Can't imagine you could load better than Midas, R50 or Tenex. </div></div>

Maybe not better, but, maybe as good and possibly cheaper... I would be interested in trying loading my own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geno C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the target 22lr ammo is subsonic. Can't imagine you could load better than Midas, R50 or Tenex. </div></div>

Maybe not better, but, maybe as good and possibly cheaper... I would be interested in trying loading my own. </div></div>

Dont have that much time in my life.....

you should get together with your friends on your other forum , call CCI and do some sort of group buy for thousands of primed 22lr , probably increase your chances of CCI doing it for you.

I read somewhere about a guy who primed his own brass. He made some sort of primer slurry, would put a small amount of it in the case, and then place the case in an electric motor mount he made which spun it distributing the slurry evenly around the rim while it dried. No idea how/what the slurry was, or how much it cost though.

I think it was on the castboolits site where I recently saw a thread with a guy casting and loading 22 lr.....pretty neat stuff....not my cup of tea, but neat none the less. I barely find it worth casting my own pistol bullets!!