• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please, for the love of God, stop...

Re: Please, for the love of God, stop...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the next one break vs. brake.....?? </div></div>

How many clips do you carry at comps Chiller, and do you have target turrents?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other day a repairman fixed our A/C at my fire station. he said it was good to go since it "crunk" when he started it. Love that one. Crunk!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Yep, "crunk" is a classic!

A friend of mine said he hated his job because it was so "monopolous".
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How many clips do you carry at comps Chiller, and do you have target turrents? </div></div>

What's the difference?
laugh.gif

Just for fun:

clipsvsmags-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't look in the WTB section, this eye sore is in there.

"Wtb leuPold vx2 3x940 or the like " </div></div>
Thanks for the hint, I just replaced a VXII 3x940 with a Vortex Viper PPS 4x1650 (military radical rectangle). </div></div>

HAHAHAHA!!!!

grow a pair

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but this has pissed me off so much over the years that I need to vent.

It's not a 3x9x40 or a 3x9-40. It's a 3-9x40.

Uuuuugh.... </div></div>

NXS
NightforceNXS005.jpg

NSX
NSX.jpg

just sayin'...

I say if you're going to get into precision shooting, you should be accurate.

It irks me when people don't know the difference as well. It makes me wonder what else they don't know, or are to lazy to learn.

I see 3x9x40 i think =1080.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I say if you're going to get into precision shooting, you should be accurate. </span> I think accuaracy is a prime goal for all of us!
grin.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">It irks me when people don't know the difference as well. It makes me wonder what else they don't know, or are to lazy to learn.</span> OK Irkle
wink.gif

Apparently one company disagrees with the OP's rant:
quote=Kombar]What's wrong with a 3x9 scope?

_MEL5373.jpg

[/quote]

NOT EQUIPMENT RELATED. BUT, PERHAPS THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING I SEE!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS A NEW GUY WITH A HUNDRED QUESTIONS AND FEELS LIKE THE CAPS WILL GET ATTENTION FASTER THAN NORMAL TEXT...

It has been a small pet peeve of mine as well, but I just never paid too much attention to it. Not sure why people add the extra x's but apparently maybe its because they have seen it on some scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine says 3x9x40 right on the turrents. </div></div>

ah hmmmm......turrets
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...using "AxBxC" to describe a scope with minimum magnification A, maximum magnification B, and objective diameter C.

I'm the farthest thing from an expert, but this has pissed me off so much over the years that I need to vent.

It's not a 3x9x40 or a 3x9-40. It's a 3-9x40.

Uuuuugh.... </div></div>

I think you got too much time on your hands. That would be the last thing I would lose sleep over. Who cares, obviously some do.

I love these "venting" threads....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwp475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ClipVSMagazine.gif
</div></div>

Soo, magzines feed cartridges into guns?

This really annoys me as well. It also really annoys me when people USE ALL CAPS, AS SAID ABOVE. Especially when they do it in all of their posts, it's so obnoxious and I always just skip their entire post.

Two other things I should get off my chest here before I bother someone in real life about it lol. One, is people not knowing the difference between "worse" and "worst". It's so fucking annoying to read "This is even worst than that, but the worse one of all is..."

And lets not forget "For all intensive purposes..."

Now I know people mis-type all the time, and I'm not really OCD for the most part, but I bet half the people reading this post will start to see people saying the two above all over the place, and for some of them it will drive them nuts lol.

Now don't even get me started on people asking me: "How far can you see with these binoculars?"

I hate subaru owners who have stickers on the back bumper.
I hate people who look at me funny.
I hate when I look at people funny.
I hate threads that are about hate.
I hate bitching.
Well I will add to the hate list tomorrow because I hate missing sleep
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bout:

Remington 700PSS
vs
Remington 700P
Hmm if one wants to get technical the PSS hasn't been made for sometime. Or at least it hasn't be designated as such in awhile. </div></div>

True. But for some of us, such as myself, we actually DO own a true PSS...

As for the OP, I agree it's annoying (that Leupy pic be damned), but not enough to rant about it.
smile.gif

thought it was algebra. my scope says 6.5-20x50 meaning i have a scope value of -675 right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought it was algebra. my scope says 6.5-20x50 meaning i have a scope value of -675 right? </div></div>

No you have to multiply first, you have a scope value of -993.5,
but I'm no math teacher.
funny thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the next one break vs. brake.....?? </div></div>

Yup!

Break:
break.jpg

Brake:
Brake.jpg

Hahaha, this just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ropes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought it was algebra. my scope says 6.5-20x50 meaning i have a scope value of -675 right? </div></div>

No you have to multiply first, you have a scope value of -993.5,
but I'm no math teacher.
funny thread!</div></div>

This is correct, order of operations. P(please)E(excuse)M(My)D(Dear)A(Aunt)S(Sally)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the next one break vs. brake.....?? </div></div>

Yup!

Break:
break.jpg

</div></div>

^^^lol this looks like it hurt bad.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Loose</span>; The nut has become <span style="font-weight: bold">loose</span> so I better tighten it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lose</span>; My wife seems to <span style="font-weight: bold">lose</span> her keys 10 times a day.

If you want to sale something just put it in the "for sell" section.
At least I thing that's were it goes.

If you absolutely don't care...

Say, "I could<span style="color: #FF0000">n't</span> care less."

"I <span style="font-style: italic">could</span> care less" doesn't work.

For crying out loud, how come no one has posted the worst of them all, I can't stand this...

Today's date is 07-27-2011 NOT 07/27/2011 AAHHHHHH, I hate slash's...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskyTangoFoxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If I do my part"

If I hear that again I will ban myself </div></div>

"Nuff said" is a 100 times worse.

there is, also, the not so famous, "defiantly" instead of "defenitely"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is, also, the not so famous, "defiantly" instead of "defenitely" </div></div>
Definitely?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For crying out loud, how come no one has posted the worst of them all, I can't stand this...

Today's date is 07-27-2011 NOT 07/27/2011 AAHHHHHH, I hate slash's... </div></div>

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is, also, the not so famous, "defiantly" instead of "<span style="font-weight: bold">defenitely</span>" </div></div>

Come on, you have to at least spell it correctly
laugh.gif

There is a scope company based in Oregon and the name is not pronounced LeeApole.
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For crying out loud, how come no one has posted the worst of them all, I can't stand this...

Today's date is 07-27-2011 NOT 07/27/2011 AAHHHHHH, I hate slash's... </div></div>

cool.gif
</div></div>

NO.

The month comes FIRST, get it right!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Basher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO.

The month comes FIRST, get it right!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>
You Americans always have everything backwards!
whistle.gif

I have a few that piss me off .....
1. The dollar sign goes in front of the number, ie; $200 not 200$
2. your phone number is 555-518-6753 NOT 555.518.6753
3. and the sell, sale thing also.
ok, I'm done for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calling4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have we discussed loose, and lose. </div></div>
If you think she's loose but I think she's not, you lose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KPK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No crap!!! Pisses me off too....

Also saying Savorsky for Swarovski!</div></div>

what about smith & bender </div></div>

what about smith & WESTERN

bow site instead of bore sight

One of my old boss's used to do the whole "sale" thing. It was glaringly obvious he hadn't mastered that part of his vocabulary as he would write it in bold in little notes all the time.

"MAKE SURE WE SALE THESE! THEY MUST SALE NO MATTER WHAT!!!"

The horror.

some of you guys are to anal about these things. you need too calm down and let people do stuff they're own way:)

I just came up with the perfect solution! From now on everyone should have to send a rough draft of their post to a QPE (qualified post editor) such as bpnelson, and they will edit the post if needed. Then it will be sent back to the OP for revisions. They may then submit the edited post without changes, or revise it and send the final copy back to the QPE. If it passes inspection, it may then be submitted by the QPE. If it does not, the process is repeated.