• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Please help a newb- BushnellElite Tactical 6-24x50

csmoot26

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Here is the problem I am having. Bought a new scope, Elite 4200. I mount the scope, head off to the range, attempt to sight in my rifle @100yrds and found that 1 click was equal to 1 inch of crosshair movement. This was confirmed by a couple of sets of eyes other than my own. The turrets are marked 1/10 per click.

Off to Bushnell goes the scope for repairs. Got it back and Bushnell states that the scope is 1 click per 1/4 moa but they didnt bother to change out the 1/10th turrets. So back it goes.

Now Bushnell is saying that the scope is marked 1/10 MIL not 1/10th MOA. It was my understanding that the difference between a Mil and Moa is not a major difference at 100yrds. I was under the impression that on this scope that 1 click would equal 1/10 on an inch at 100 yards. Can someone please correct me or help me on this.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Please help a newb- BushnellElite Tactical 6-24x50

Is yours a first focal plane or second focal plane? Bushnell first focal plane scopes are .1 Mil click value.

1MIL=3.6" at 100 yds
1MOA=1.047197580733" @ 100 yds

and, so, 1/10 of that would be .36" at a 100 yards to be specific. It is not a major difference at a 100 yards but keep mutiplying it out to 1000 and see the difference.

Just to make sure there is no problem with the turrets, try shooting a box. 10 clicks for each corner at 100 yards should show you if you have a square or if there might be another problem.

Trevor B
OpticsPlanet

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The scope is a FFP. I spoke with a tech at Bushnell and they assured me that the scope was to spec and that is was 10 clicks per MIL not MOA(Original invoice said it was to spec and 4 clicks equals 1 MOA). Ill just have to wait and see when it comes back.