• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please HELP! Is This A Good Deal?

btoor2413

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2012
Franklin, WI
I am looking a 2 different optics for my first AR. I bought a Daniel Defense V7 here and need a scope. There is a guy locally selling off some stuff and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on if his pricing is fair. First off is a Trijicon ACOG TA01. The tritium is still bright and it was manufactured in 2009. He wants $650 for it. Second is an EO Tech XPS2-0. He wants $400 for that. Magnification is not a big deal to me. At most i'll be taking it out to 200 yards but mostly at 100. Thanks for the helping the newbie.

Which do you like better? Also I'd be very careful about fake acogs, just look at ebay and you will see the knock offs look very real.

I really do like them both. ACOG for the reason of magnification and no need for batteries. The EO Tech is also nice because it is lightweight and I can still add on back up magpul sights. Im not sure if i'll have room with the ACOG. I am going to link the ad. If it's possible to tell if ACOG is legit from the pictures that would be awesome.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: X3 ACOG / EOTECH / x2 LDI OTAL LASERS / SUREFIRE LIGHT /

I'd take an ACOG any day over an Eotech. Just make sure that it's not a military scope, get the serial number and call Trijicon to be sure.

For that money... Get a Vortex PST in 1-4x.

I had a Vortex PST 1x4. It was a disappointment.

The illumination is useless in daylight, and the reticle is entirely too small to be able to see and use the sub tensions. If you have time to look at it, you can work it out. But if you need them quickly, it's a poor reticle.

For low power running and gunning, never dialing or using the holds, it's great. But then, you could say that about a lot of scopes that cost less.

Acogs are garbage, just my opinion so suck it all you fags that think those turds are wonderful, save your money. Im not a fan of eotech but would get that before a Aturd

Go w/ the ACOG. I've got 5+ years on mine & it's still problem free. It tracks reliably, no shifting, etc. It gets used daily. The EoTech is crap. It doesn't need abuse as a reason
to quit. It just does so on it's own. You don't need to keep extra batteries on hand w/ the ACOG.

I vote ACOG. Trijicons site has a page describing what a real ACOG should have, plus you can call them with the serial number for verification. Edit: I have a TA31, and it has been great so far. No batteries plus magnification is a win in my book.

The TA01 are nice scope but they are setup for 20" barrels but they will work on 16" barrels for the most part just fine. The TA31 or the TA33 are the ones I would recommend. I like the EoTech for speed and the EXPS and the XPS are my favorites of the EoTech line, I would recommend looking Aimpoint PRO new are $416 and have 10x the battery life and are still fast. If your looking for value and not speeding a lot look at the Vortex Line Up.

We sale a lot of scopes so if we can be of help let me know.