• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please help me choose a scope

superhank20

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2013
I'm shooting a Rem 700 sps varmint in a .243. I will be using the rifle for varmints, deer, and Target shooting. Im considering the vortex viper pst 4-16x50. Or the zeiss conquest Hd5 5-25x50. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

The Zeiss should have noticeably better glass, but the Vortex has much better reticle options, IMO. When you say target shooting, how far are we realistically talking about?

Is the viper FFP? If so I would go that route. Also check out the HDMR bushnells. I do not know the price differnce. But I think there are nice for the price

Viper PST is available as FFP or SFP. FFP is more expensive.

Viper or Bushy Elite.. Either one in FFP will serve you well for many years. Both are quality pieces and will last a long time.

I have the Vortex Viper PST 6 -24 FFP and it has nice glass and is perfect for hunting and shooting to 1,000 yards (1,000 yds is the furthest I can shoot at range). The scope did have a hiccup with a piece of debris on the lens but I sent it back to Vortex they received it and the next day it was sent out. Vortex has very good customer service. No questions were asked and the turn around was fast. Next time I will just go ahead and keep shooting it until the debris falls off though as I had to re-sight the gun in and mount the scope back up.