• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help me decide

NoahbodyImportant

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
NE Ohio
Which Vintage Rifle for the Camp Perry Vintage Sniper Team Match.

Which rifle and why? If OTHER, please specifity.

Thank You

Re: Please help me decide

Join the Dark Side - Mosin Nagant M91/30 PU sniper.
eek.gif

Is price an issue? If not do something different, show up with a k98 sniper, an Enfield sniper, or a Mosin PU, PEM, or PE. The Mosin would be the cheapest choice which would allow lots of $$$ for ammo. Just my thoughts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Devious6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join the Dark Side - Mosin Nagant M91/30 PU sniper.
eek.gif
</div></div>

+1

+1 on the "other" and what TimberWolf says.

IMHO anything with a 2.5 scope would be at the bottom of my list.

Enfield No4 with a No32 will give you x3.5, a ten round detachable magazine and a cheekpiece.

Mauser 98k with a ZF39 will give you x4 but no windage adjustment on the tube (or x6 and x8 if you can find one and they are CMP legal?). Plus, depending on the mount option you choose, the Mauser is more of a jaw/chin weld...so possibly not the best option for consistency until you are used to it.

Mosin with a PU, PE or PEM will give you x4

But if you want to stay "US" - a 1903 with a Unertl x8 would be my choice...just remember to return to battery if not using the recoil spring
wink.gif
But the old Zeiss and PE/PEM will give you better clarity.

Repros of all these scopes are pretty easy to find.

No surprise if I say I'd suggest a project rather than an "off the peg", just based on what I've seen and read about some of the commercial repros/replicas. You get to choose the rifle and components rather than take what somebody has sourced based on an end-user price point and profit margin calculation.

Edited....I'd even think about a Swede M41B if it is allowed (non-combatant nation?)...find myself already looking at this even though my Mosin M39 project is barely off the ground!!

I'd do a musket with toilet paper tube show goo'd to it, tell me I'm not the only one

Which Vintage Rifle for the Camp Perry Vintage Sniper Team Match?

That's easy, I'd get out my Swiss ZFK55. I would prefer to use my No4(T) but the ZFK is a tack driver.

The James River A4 clone is getting good feed back, I'm real tempted to order one. I have about a third of the parts to build a A4 clone but it's going to end up costing more than a complete from JR or Gibbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoahbodyImportant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Vintage Rifle for the Camp Perry Vintage Sniper Team Match.

Which rifle and why? If OTHER, please specifity.

Thank You </div></div>

None pick up an enfield, or if you've got the cash an L42A1

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ive decided to put one together!</span> And it is finished.

Click here for the post.

Enfield #4T

baad3795.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madcratebuilder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Vintage Rifle for the Camp Perry Vintage Sniper Team Match?

That's easy, I'd get out my Swiss ZFK55. I would prefer to use my No4(T) but the ZFK is a tack driver.

The James River A4 clone is getting good feed back, I'm real tempted to order one. I have about a third of the parts to build a A4 clone but it's going to end up costing more than a complete from JR or Gibbs.
</div></div>

I agree 100% on the ZFK/55 AKA K31/55 they are tack drivers. I own the MK 4T an original Izzy PU 91/30 sniper, the M1D Garand and a 1904A4 and none of them are any where near as accurate as the ZFK/55. The closest is the Mk 4T. The repro scopes for the A4 repro's are crap. I've seen 2 of them fail at my gun club after less than 20 shots.

i've heard the nation match armory was good but never laid hands on one. but i can't think how you would go wrong with the K31/zfk
as everyone i have shot has been a tack driver.