• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Please help me identify and appraise

GB213

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Maryland
I got lucky about a year ago and was asked to clean out a deceased gunsmith's shop that was in the basement of his house that was going up for sale. He had many military pieces from the civil war up to Vietnam. It was quite a learning experience. He seemed to like Mauser and Springfield snipers and had parts and scopes and parts for both. I have these lens and optics pieces that look to fit the Springfield, but I am not sure.
IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

These are the lenses, marked lens "B" and Lens "D"
IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

I am sure someone knows these and I am hoping to get a explanation and an appraisal.
Thanks

Re: Please help me identify and appraise

Those may potentially be Weaver 330 spares, or maybe even Lyman parts. But without measurements (diameters, or at least something to establich the sca;e in the pic) and part numbers this is just wild guess work and worth what free opinions are usually worth. You used to be able to find schematics for the 330 and Alaskan online and those might give you an option for a little guess-work detecive shape matching. But nothing short of part numbers or an expert (like Parsons Scope repair or similar who specialize in vintage scopes and parts)can give any wothwhile opinion on the parts value. Good luck, hope you find the answers youre searching for.

Re: Please help me identify and appraise

On one ocular piece that I opened up has the number "A 48251". The OD of the ocular piece is .802"