• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please help with what rings to buy for this setup

razor488

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Hi all - thank you in advance for the help.

I have a Remington 700 AAC-SD. Based on the review below, I purchased the SWFA SS 10X42 MRAD. I also purchased the LaRue Tactical 20MOA rail system. The only thing I am lacking are rings... Can you guys please recommend what I should buy? Also - do I need low, medium high etc? I would prefer to not spend a ton on rings... I read one review that said TPS TSR rings are good but I am not sure which ones to buy?

Thank you in advance!

REVIEW - SWFA Super Sniper 10X - SNIPER 101 - YouTube

Hopefully you didn't believe a lot of that video, well I could only make it through the first 2 minutes, but the SS is a good scope. A set of 30mm rings in the .825" height will work. That's .825 from base to center of scope tube. Some rings measure from base to bottom of tube but not many luckily. TPS are decent rings but look at Seekins Precision as well. Seekins are excellent rings.

Thanks for the help Rob. Seekins has the 4 cap screw and the 6/4 cap screw in the 30mm .82 low tube. Which one do I want?

4 caps screws will work fine. I use them on all my rifles up to a 300WM and no problems.

I have the weaver 20moa 1913 picatinny base. I went with the TPS TSR 30mm Aluminum Low rings. Don't get the "W" those are meant for weaver. The TPS rings are super easy to install and level the reticle if you follow their instructions. I think they are a tad less than the Seekins.