• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes please help

R.Walters

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Clarke County, Va
i was wondering what ring size i will need for a remington 5r with a 56 mm night force? i am going to be using NF 20moa bases and ultralite rings i wanted to get the bell of the objective as clost to the barrel as possible.

Re: please help

I had this posted on your other thread in "Rifles."

"I have a 50mm NF with a 20 MOA NF Rail and Med. rings on my 5-R. The OL has a Butler Creek cover on it and I still have a little room. The Med should work for what you want."

I have a 5r as well with a 20moa base by nightforce and nightforce rings. I got a med base and it works great. I don't have the nightforce scope yet but as soon as I get blessed with the funds it will be sitting on top of the rifle. For now I have the WOTAC with is a 30mm base and 50 mm. The 56 will sit prefect on med rings for you.

NF2-1.jpg

NF 5.5-22X56
NF 20 MOA Base.
NF Heavy Duty LOW Rings.

Use this equation:

[rail height + ring height to center] - [objective bell diameter x 0.5]. A value greater than zero will clear the barrel.

A 56mm NF NXS has an outer bell diameter of ~65mm and a 50 has ~59.

5R_McMillan_A4.jpg

This is a 5R of mine with a NF 20MOA base and a 5.5-22x50mm NXS with sunshade. Rings are Max-50 Scope Ring Standard Height Height 0.823". I think with the additional 3m extra, there barely would be clearance if the Flipcap isn't used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use this equation:

[rail height + ring height to center] - [objective bell diameter x 0.5]. A value greater than zero will clear the barrel.

A 56mm NF NXS has an outer bell diameter of ~65mm and a 50 has ~59. </div></div>

+1. If its gonna be close, dont forget to allow for the OD of the Butler Creeks.