• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please read

SgtKope

Back from a long vacation
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania
I am sitting in a major US airport about to go on my 10th deployment. I wanted to take this moment to thank other men and women who wear the uniform. I would also like to thank their families. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was leave my 7 and 5 yr old daughters outside the airport today. It is tough for them to fully understand why daddy is going away again. Fact is I love this country and I do it so my friends and family are safe. For those of you that have been through this before I salute you. For those of you that haven't we thank you for your heartfelt support.

-Kope

Re: Please read

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rokbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, THANK YOU!!! </div></div>

^^^^^
This

GOD Bless you and yours. Thank you for your service to us all.

Nothing I say or do will ever thank you enough.

However, THANK YOU! Please come home safe!

Take care Kope and travel safe. All the guys still wearing the uniform are my heroes too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was leave my 7 and 5 yr old daughters outside the airport today. It is tough for them to fully understand why daddy is going away again.</div></div> Know that one myself, all too well. Best wishes to your kids too.

Thanks to you and your family for the sacrifices you make to serve!

God bless your strong wife, and your beautiful daughters. May the good Lord watch over you in your time away, and may he give them strength till that wonderful day you come back to them. Thank you, sir!

May God keep you and bring you home safely to your family. I personally thank you for your service and sacrifice. My family sleeps free at night because of individuals such as your self.

Charlie

10 deployments! Wow!
I can't say enough.
Thank you for your dedication, and come home safe.

It is nice to know that there are people who support the troops and honestly give a sh*t about us. Thank you for all of your kind words.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice to know that there are people who support the troops and honestly give a sh*t about us. Thank you for all of your kind words. </div></div>

Godspeed friend....Stay the course and watch your six....
Your dedication makes me salute you.....thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I pray that you and your family are watched over. </div></div>

+1

Always remember that there is a threat wherever you are, especially if the place seems ok. Take care, watch your fore and aft, and keep your starboard and port clear. And just remeber to watch out for those flies. Yes, flies. There are flies there that drink tears while you sleep. These same flies are carriers for Chlymidia. So if you get Chlymidia over there, it probabl;y came from a fly...really, true stuff, no BS, just good luck explaining that to the OL

Have a safe deployment!

Thank you so much for your service and patriotism to our country. May God keep you safe and watch over your beautiful family.

May you come back as safe as you left... Watch your 6 and those around you. You are a rare breed. Much respect to you and those like you.

Take care, and thanks much. Keep your head down and watch your six. Look after the guys in your platoon and they will do the same for you.

Though since its your 10th one you know the drill, but I know it dosent make it any easier on you or your family.

Thanks again, stay strong and tell your family we support you and them. Just think how happy those girls will be when daddy gets home!

Shoot straight Brother

Take care brother may God be with you at all times. cover your 6. let us know how we can get a care pack to you bro on behalf of your buds in Laredo Texas.PM me

Whenever I hear or see anyone complain about the inconvenience or stresses of their daily life, including myself, I will recall this amazing man's post and remind myself that in comparison, I have no problems.

I too have a wife and two daughters and the prospect of leaving them behind for just a couple days is tough. No one shoots at me or detonates massive explosions on the roads I travel...

Be safe Kope and do let us know if we can be of any service to you.

Godspeed, brother.
As if it needed to be said. I don't know you (I don't think), but if you need ANYTHING while deployed...please let me know.
I will do everything in my power to get you what is needed. If I can't...I know someone that can.

Be safe, check in, and keep ya head down.

Cheers!

Thank you for your service.

I did a few deployments to SE Asia (Cambodia) in the early 90's. MIA/POW recovery missions. Being shot at is no fun when you can't shoot back, hoping a tracer round won't hit the fuel tank.

But I've been shot at when living in Los Angeles - drive by cholo - which didn't have quite the same pucker factor as I was cruising at an altitude of 3, not 1,000, feet.

You learn to live with it.

I did however learn to distinguish the sound of grenades going off in water while the locals use them for fishing, and how they sound above ground when they're being lobbed in your compound at night. Valuable life skills abound in any situation.

God Bless.

Just thought I would give everyone an update while I had a chance. I just got back in country from my R&R in the States. I am just about 10 months through it and I am looking forward to putting this one behind me. I hope everyone is doing well. I don't get a chance to get on the Hide that often over here to check in but please feel free to drop me a line at mattkope1 at gmail dot com