• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please report any issues you're having on the site

unable to access on i-phone while being unproductive at work....that cloudfare tells me to check cookies....probably on my end...but seriously...I could go for some cookies...I refuse to come out of the stone age...

Getting a lot of checking my browser (Opera) message. I think it's the cloudfare.

Reactions: rady
Had this come up this morning. 1st time I've encountered this one.

1628602717165.png

Malware is not allowing me to see any posts in the Portajohn thread.

"Website blocked: ufile.io" is the issue.

Any idea as to why only the Portajohn thread? Every other thread is working fine.

Last edited:
Mines 50/50 on loading good or taking a really really long time to load and still getting resource limit reached

I too have still been getting the Resource error as well as the error shown by @A&8's

I do get the DDOS screen sometimes before being redirected to the site.

This is NOT a complaint. I know you guys are doing all you can to fight the DDOS attacks.

Just life in the new fucking millennium.

I use Duck Duck Go as my browser on my phone. Not sure if the Cloudflare protection likes it (duck duck go). It will cycle through every 5 seconds. Sometimes until I give up after a minute or 2. Sometimes after a few recycles it goes to the forum. On my regular computer it redirects within the 5 seconds. Reporting info, not complaining, I know you guys are fighting a good fight, thanks.

Getting the same 525 error shown above, or the site is taking forever to load most of the time across three different browsers, on both Mac and mobile platforms.

Got a new one popping up.
Checking your browser before accessing snipershide.com
Will redirect in 5 seconds.
That one is normal for more aggressive protection via Cloudflare, it is making sure your browser doesn't have malware being used to attack the site.

Error 521​

Ray ID: 67cda739aa432a2a • 2021-08-11 01:22:30 UTC

Web server is down​

You

Browser​

Working

Chicago

Cloudflare​

Working

www.snipershide.com

Host​

Error

What happened?​

The web server is not returning a connection. As a result, the web page is not displaying.

What can I do?​

If you are a visitor of this website:​

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:​

Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not responding. Additional troubleshooting information.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 67cda739aa432a2a • Your IP: 2605:a601:ac48:1b00:484:9137:ddc2:a69d • Performance & security by Cloudflare

I've been getting that message for the last few days. Total of about 4-5 times since Friday or Saturday. Retry to connect and it goes to SH.

They must be throwing everything they can and seeing what sticks. LL, good job! Keep up the good work.

BTW, my Malware issue is resolved asking getting passed the page that had the post with that file.io attachment. BTWA, it wasn't malware, but malware browser guard that caused the trouble. Thanks to the user who told me about that.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Just got 2 errors, the 521 and then I couldn't upload a message in a thread.

Error 521​

Ray ID: 67ce5c71cc155b3b • 2021-08-11 03:26:12 UTC

Web server is down​

and

Error.png

I'm thinking they are a result of the web page going offline. I don't know what those numbers in the 521 error are, but maybe they could be helpful.

I read the forums using my Galaxy Tab 8, 4g, android 7.1.1 and Firefox 89.1.1 (?) (google search engine). I constantly get the 525 no load error and the browser check usually goes on and on. Most times I just give up. I am posting this on a Win10 laptop running Firefox 90.0.2 (duckduck go search engine) on a hotel wifi and got in pretty easy. I did have to log in after accessing the site but that is no big deal. Thanks for your hard work. This is one of the few sites I access daily to try to keep up with the world.
CR

Multiple notices “Resource limit exceeded” and now everytime the site is accessed, I have to wait while my browser is checked, the 5 seconds can often last much longer and at times, I have been unable to access the site due to browser checks that never end. Issues seem to be getting worse, not better.

Reactions: PD DUMPER
Some of you might not be aware. The site is under constant attack.

Someone who's also a member at AR15.com should post in General Discussion the fact SH is under cyber attack and see if they're experiencing the same thing and if not why not.

I'm not a member otherwise I would.

Follow up on my previous post, tablet gets stuck on the cloudflare page and refuses to load despite my multiple reloading attempts. Just for grins I tried my Galaxy S21 running Firefox on TMO 5G and got in fairly quick. I suppose my tablet is just too old. IDK. I do appreciate what is going on here and hope we/you prevail soon.

CR

LL, is there any amount of money that can fix this issue? $10 per person could add up to a substantial amount of money.

Reactions: SDBguy95
It just started. "Checking your browser.... wont go away or redirect.

Attachments

• 16287730080485887999494793943514.jpg
    16287730080485887999494793943514.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Bullfrog08
Yes - same as listed above...'checking browser'; and recently this one, Error 525. Sometimes I'll get these when I switch between pages here on SH. All seems to be running really slow, too. In fairness - that could be Rise BroadBand.
Had this come up this morning. 1st time I've encountered this one.

View attachment 7682871

This one came up a couple times:

Attachments

• 5AB3423A-0951-4C45-9917-EBB84CE66707.png
    5AB3423A-0951-4C45-9917-EBB84CE66707.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 36
I just got cockblocked by a new 'Not Available. Try Back Later' page.

Hang tough, Frank.

Reactions: notacos4u
In addition to the error msg, the site is often running very slow…to the point of being unusable.

I presume this in an artifact of the DOS attacks and what admin are doing to fight it. .

It is taking a very long time to load any page. Other web pages are normal speed, just the Hide is super slow.

If you notice the arrow under the users name that expands user data is broken. Looks like the anchor tag and it's ::before need some CSS to fix. I'm a web developer if you need help :)

1636060828836.png

3FACD615-7773-4173-BC01-442CFF6FC87B.png
Hey there, this issue is all fixed!

Think I have another one for you.

On mobile devices (iPhone 12) after you put in a search query and land on search results page, click on “Filters”. Once you select filters there is no way to apply them and view the refined results.

Since the update earlier this week - I haven't been able to click the colored icons to link to PX categories (Optics, Accessories etc.). They appear to be unclickable now. This issue persists on PC and mobile. I was told this may be an issue with which "theme" you are using. However, after trying all of them, that made no difference.

Think I have another one for you.

On mobile devices (iPhone 12) after you put in a search query and land on search results page, click on “Filters”. Once you select filters there is no way to apply them and view the refined results.
Hey I'm seeing that too. I'll take a closer look at that and see what might be going on!

Since the update earlier this week - I haven't been able to click the colored icons to link to PX categories (Optics, Accessories etc.). They appear to be unclickable now. This issue persists on PC and mobile. I was told this may be an issue with which "theme" you are using. However, after trying all of them, that made no difference.
Hey I'm not able to replicate this issue, could you send me any additional details/screenshots/videos so that I can track down the problem?

Some of the videos play for a split second then stop. Other than that this place makes me feel A lot better.