• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLRF 10 C measures under snow precipitation

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Today I've done some measures with the PLRF 10 C under poor visibility due snow precipitation.
General visibility was not more then 1200 m, and was variable due snow intensity.
I've lasered the far items availabe, ( trees ) as also Vectronix suggest.....not the best targets to laser

vectronix.png

to have consistent readings over 1000 m the tripod is a must, below 800m measures will be fine also with free hand.

Considering the day I'm very satisfied with the PLRF performance.

P2010007.jpg

Gadgets are fine but a correct use of the MIL DOT is a must.

2 pictures

P2010003.jpg

P2010002.jpg

short video where it is possible to see the snow precipitation, the PLRF read 3 times over 4 reading in sequence

Re: PLRF 10 C measures under snow precipitation

One of the BEST reasons that I have a PLRF10!

It isn't that I need 3000m readings to shoot my rifle, but that I NEED rangefinding capabilities to make a good shot under poor visibility.

When the RF reads as far or farther than you can see with rifle optics, you are in a good position to make a quality shot.

Snow certainly makes reading the wind much more "visual"
MV

I agree..... today with the rifle scope would have been possible to shoot at maximum 1000/1100 m..... not more.

Totally correct.

I have enjoyed similar results with my plrf10. I have also seen where turning off the illuminated reticle can incrase read distances in some instances. Just thought I would toss that out there.

Jeff

thanks for advise.....I'll try to do it