• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plrf 25 c

cmickles

Minuteman
May 18, 2008
East Bend, NC
Anyone hand any experience with the plrf 25c compared to the plrf 10c just wondering if it is worth the extra money and if the ranging capabilites are that much different seeing that the terrpian will range 3,000 yards no problem.

Compared to the 10C, it's just more compact and has a bluetooth option instead of a serial cable. Compared to the Terrapin, it's a whole other world, not just with range. Because it has an integrated digital compass, it can do more than just range distance to targets.

I have one, and I have ranged out too about 5000 yards and verified by a vector. It cost more for a reason!

the beam is less accurate..... with poor visibility due moisture is not able to laser well, PLRF 10 C is still better, I've used them for several test, PLRF 10C/15C, PLRF25 and Vector 21..
PLRF 15C and PLRF 25 are several problem to obtain measures in snow enviroment
number 1......vector 21
number 2 .....plrf10C
number 3.....plrf25
number 4 ....plrf 15C

Thanks for the replys guys I have the terripan and was wanting to up grade to the 10 c or 25c to hook up to my nomad I was just wondering if the 25c will be worth the cost difference of the 10 c thanks.

Last edited:
I have the terrapin and have tested it in all sorts of weather from rain to fog to snow which at times was quite heavy and aside from dense fog it performed excellent in all conditions that
my other rangefinder that I had (Swaro) let me down.
Elmer

I've done some informal testing with my PLRF15 (not the C model) and have not noticed any meaningful issues in bad weather. I have found that the limitation to range, accurately or otherwise, more depends on my ability and limitations in locating and identifying possible targets to range. I think that this happens long before what I suspect might be the PLRF15's ability to accurately range, due simply to the difficulty in my being able to see much beyond 2-3k in bad weather in the best of cases.

For example last winter I was able to range 795m in a what I would describe as a moderate to heavy snowfall, about one inch per hour according to the Weather Service. The only apparent limitation that day as far as whether the PLRF15 could have ranged further was that the target I was ranging at 795m was as far as I could see. Could it have ranged a more distant target? Hard to say since I couldn't see one to range but I suspect it might have been able to. The 795m target was very repeatable so it seemed to me at the time that the PLRF15 may have still had some more ranging capability left.

I consistently hit targets (horses) at 2800m+ in a steady rain when I took it out to see how it performed in the wet. Again the limitation there was the availability of targets to range and my ability to see them. On top of that it is hard to get much more than 3000m around me, even if I drive over to "horse country" here in Maryland.

So far in my use I have yet to find that I have exceeded the PLRF15's limits. This summer I'll try some longer distance testing at some of my land overseas where we've recently surveyed so I have good known distances. I know on one property I have in excess of 8000m available so it should be interesting to see just what I can get there.

Just be aware that the 25C comes in 2 versions , the std one does NOT have bluetooth , the dearer version does , so just be very clear as to what model you want , If that makes sense