• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pls Delete

My experience with this is in my 300 WinMag, but is probably universal. I found that when I started loading Berger 208g and 215g projectiles, there was no way these longer than ordinary factory projectiles could be loaded to SAAMI spec 3.400"-ish lengths. My COAL ended up being almost a full .300" longer than the load data specs said to load them. There was no way or I would have been compressed at 50g of powder instead of a little over 80g the specs said. Fortunately, the throat had enough freebore to allow for these longer than hunting style projectiles to be used, or else I could never have been able to use them. I think many of the bigger caliber barrels are done this way intentionally to allow for these longer performance projectiles. I know some guys that have made dummy rounds to the length they want by putting the amount of powder in the case they choose to load and send the sample to the barrel maker(without the powder in it) to make sure they have enough wiggle room to lengthen or shorten the COAL to make sure they can achieve the jump they want with a range, while yet making sure it isn't too short to allow your desired powder charge.

9EF86300-4CC9-4714-AABD-18346353FB77.gif