• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PMAG's Opinions on Feeding & Function

Re: PMAG's Opinions on Feeding & Function

I've owned 30-40 5.56 pmags since they've come out. 1st gen, 2nd gen, windowed, non-windowed, and different colors. 20 and 30 rounders. No problems at all. Great reliability and stupid simple to maintain. Love um!

They are the only mags I use in a AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one problem with one of the dozens of PMAG's I own.

Magpul exchanged it and paid shipping both ways - no questions asked. </div></div>

Yet another reason not to worry about spending money on them. If you ever did have a problem with them Magpul is a great company and they stand behind their stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcw3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have not ever used PMAG's and just wanting to hear from people on their feeding and function. Generally "good to go" out of the wrapper or like the old days where some magazines were good and you kept them and some were not and you got rid of them?

All experiences on this welcome.

Robert</div></div> These mags are the best things every made. All of my deployed buddies will only use PMAGS over the USGI mags. I personally love the the 30rd ones but due to me living in New York i had to limit my 30rounders down to 10. And they still work flawless. Search some of the torture tests on youtube.

I use the PMAGs and EMAGS, I like the EMAGs because of the crossover ability, but both work great, never any problems in an AR(or EMAG in an SA-80 or HK416)

I recently got the opinion of others at work about p mags. One aspect that I really didnt consider was; long training days with lots of dropping mags, stepping on them etc etc: A P mag will tolerate it with little or no damage. Metal mags are subject to denting & bending. So, even if a P Mag were less reliable, it could be a better investment in the long run.

I spoke with a DPMS rep at the NRA show a couple of years ago and he suggested I try the p-mags.I've got half a dozen that have been thoroughly tested and have not had any problems.They are about half the cost of factory steel mags to boot.

I have always had great luck with 20's and 30's black and tan.

Maybe it's the green version that has problems

15k +

I had one Pmag that was the cause of some malfunctions. Magpul sent a call tag and replaced it - no questions asked.

There's just something satisfying about the way rounds feel when they are loaded into a Pmag

I was reading on arf.com about the mags. A magpul rep chimes in on there.

Apparently flat dark earth is the weakest. Black is the strongest. No info on the other colors... With or without window makes no difference. Just personal preference.

They *really* seem to stand behind their products. I bought 2, and will pickup a bunch more soon.

Cant go wrong I figure.... If anything happens to them - ever... magpul will replace them free, even covering shipping.

The rep also stated, that if you do have a problem with a magazine functioning properly- like someone said it would stick, and sanded it.... Rep said dont do anything to it so they can see the problem first hand. (and they'll replace it of course)

The only question I have, which I havent seen anywhere... Is: Can I drop empty/partially loaded mags on concrete during mag changes? (standard plate)

Would a 'rangerplate' or magpul loop give a lot better protection?

I woulda asked on arf, but I dont have an account there. I know a full mag dropped on the feed lips will bust a lip... and people say they still usually feed properly!!!

I use PMAGs exclusively. They have been 100% performers for me and I am even converting my SCAR 17 lower to accept standard PMAGs...that is how much I trust in them.