• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pneumatic stapler

eca7891

Keeper of useless knowledge
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2019
Anyone made a good for for stuff like installing kraft faced insulation?

Something I can run like a nail gun. Pull the trigger and tap away?

Thanks!

Way back over 20 years ago when I framed houses for a living we used Senco products (nailers and staplers). I remember them standing up to every day use and abuse and they were very good tools.

Crown stapler?

I didn’t want one of those.

I should have clarified that.

Something that shoots t-50 type.

Not the narrow crown (1/4”) 1”-1 1/2” type.

I did finally find and order a senco one one that uses the 3/8 crown up to 5/8”.

I have a senco finish nailer that I have never had an issue with.

Tools like that are interesting. I have bought / used Senco for all of my life. Now that I am in my 70's, I don't need a tool that will last 30 years. A Harbor Freight wide crown stapler let's me repair some sagging insulation in my shop and the cost does not break the bank.
It all depends on a man's perspective.

Reactions: Redheeler
@BuildingConceptsllc is 100 correct. I’ve built a lot of homes in the last 35 plus years never seen anyone use a pneumatic stapler for insulation. A hammer stapler is your best answer. Plus who wants to drag a hose around.

What kind of project are you doing and how many square feet of product are you installing?

Slap it!

I have a heavy duty arrow upholstery staple gun. It shoots into wood just fine.

As a bonus it's being putting up targets for me for 8 years, and I was only getting 2 years out of the standard model.

If you dont want to go slap…Milwaukee fuel….M12 or M18.

Zero need to drag a hose and compressor around.

…But the extra added wrist movement of a hammer-tacker is so egregious that it would justify setting up a compressor and dragging hoses around … seriously, WTH??!
Also, where you’re at, do you need craft faced, or can you stuff unfaced in the cavity and pick up the perm-rating in the primer/paint?

…But the extra added wrist movement of a hammer-tacker is so egregious that it would justify setting up a compressor and dragging hoses around … seriously, WTH??!
Also, where you’re at, do you need craft faced, or can you stuff unfaced in the cavity and pick up the perm-rating in the primer/paint?
Kraft.

12’ wall in a 40x60 and a basement right now.

Will use it for the vent panels that go in the inside between the rafters for when you blow in insulation.

Probably other projects as well.

Shoots t -50s up to 9/16ths.
IMG_2734.jpeg

Reactions: eca7891