• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PNTC Glengary,WV 2014 Major Match dates and one day events

tmpohuski7

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
MD
Here are the big match dates and the one day events for PNTC for 2014. Details are still being worked out but the dates are set. I will disclose details as they are finalized. Just wanted to get the dates out there so everybody can plan for next year. Here is a link to our lodging partners near the facility. Book your reservations now. Lodging Partners | peacemakernational.com

April 12 & 13 2014
Team event
50 team max
$250 entry per team
Large Prize Table Match
AM/PM squads split over 2 days. Side matches during squad off time.
Shooters with semi-auto or bolt action rifle with magnified optics will engage target no less than 1 MOA out to 1,000 yards. Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, time limit, round count and etc. Shooters must carry all their gear for the day. Shooter will work together as a team on each stage. Teams must have a primary and a secondary shooter.

May 31 2014 & June 1 2014
Semi-auto event
192 shooter max
$250 entry fee
Large Prize table after match completion
This is the ultimate test of the AR platform. Shooters will need to display the complete spectrum of rifle skills. Targets are various sizes including some sub MOA targets from 3 yards - 600 yards. Skills such as shooting and moving, weak shoulder, precision long range, and speed shooting are all part of this incredible match.

July 26 & 27 2014
DMR event
100 shooter max
$200 entry fee
Large Prize Table Match
Shooter with semi-auto rifle with magnified optics will engage target no less than 2 MOA out to 600 yards. Each stage will have guidelines for shooter position, equipment, and time limit. Most stages will be unlimited round count. Shooter will have to improvise positions and firing solutions for most stages. Shooter must carry all their gear for the day. Event registration will open to shooters who attend at least one of our monthly DMR matches first.

March 22 2014
Long range & DMR event

June 28 2014
Long range & DMR event

September 27 2014
Long range & DMR event

October 25 2014
Long range & DMR event

December 6 2014
Long range & DMR event

Half day events, bring a bolt and a gasser and shoot them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Tom, looks like a great schedule. Having the dates well in advance is huge for planning. I hope to make a good # of these as my schedule allows. If you need any help, I can pitch in, as always.

Also, what is your vision for the DMR events? Are they just the same precision course that the bolt guns run, but open only to gas guns? Or are they entirely new CoF?

thanks again.

James

Thanks for posting the dates well in advance, now I can better plan my shooting vacations. :)

Freddy, Winchester is pretty close and right off 81. Ask the Hawk Hill boys about BBQ in Winchester. There is definitely lodging there also.

I'll be attending as many of these as I can. I look forward to it. PNTC is really a great range complex.

I'm down for a few of these. ESPECIALLY the DMR. Near & Dear to mah heart...

Maybe post up a guide on where to stay, where to eat, etc?

--Fargo007
and the gentlemen's club 1 mile from the high school!

Tom, what's the definition of the LR/DMR matches this time? Like last match or like a typical PNTC LRC event with a bolt class and auto class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR and DMR are going to be two seperate matches on the same day. Morning and afternoon, so you can shoot both. Plan on bringing a precision bolt or gas for am and a DMR type gas for afternoon. All details and regulations will follow when administrative stuff is all done.

I have never got to shoot one of these and I am within 115 miles so I may try my hand at some of these.

Tom,
yeah, these are looking great. I hope my schedule allows attending more than a few.
Question on the team match: does one of the two teammates need to drive a gasser or is rifle selection open?

thanks!

No, you can shoot two bolt guns or two gas guns or one of each. Standard velocity and caliber restrictions still apply. 3150 fps 300 Win mag max.

Hey Tom, looks like some interesting matches for you guys next year. I'm interested to know, given the $200 registration fee, will the prize table be a raffle or shooters take a turn in order of their placing? Also is a majority of the proceeds going into the value of the prize table?

These large 2 day events will be much more involved than the one day match we did in November. The prize table and stages will be bigger and you will be on several different ranges. If you look at the $80 one day fee from before $200 for two days isn't that much more. We are still sticking with prize table in order of finish format.

Wow, several ranges, that makes sense (I was wondering how you could have a 100 shooters at the frontier range and manage to keep moving at a steady pace). I look forward to seeing you guys soon!

LR and DMR are going to be two seperate matches on the same day. Morning and afternoon, so you can shoot both. Plan on bringing a precision bolt or gas for am and a DMR type gas for afternoon. All details and regulations will follow when administrative stuff is all done.

I am interested in giving this a try.

Can you point me to the details, registration, etc?

Registration will be on PNTC website when it opens for each event and I will post new threads also here when they open. More details to come after SHOT show.

Sent from the firing line.

It's been awhile since I shot one of the long range matches there. Will there still be the standard prone 4 stage 20 target matches?

It's been awhile since I shot one of the long range matches there. Will there still be the standard prone 4 stage 20 target matches?

Hey Ian. I think we're going to try to have the typical long range challenge available...not sure on the frequency though. I know I enjoy shooting them - good practice and validates DOPE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be up for that as well. Can never have too much dope data in different conditions.

Registration for the April 12 & 13 Team Match will open soon on PNTC website. Registration will be team only not individual, so get your partner now. I will post a heads up here when it goes up also. Get on the email list for updates like match registration on the PNTC home page here. peacemakernational.com

To anyone who has shot the DMR event what is the average ranges of the targets? Am I overpowered with a 3-17? Or should I run a 1-8

The barricade stage had targets that went from 200 to 430 yards. The roof simulator stage stretched that distance out to just over 500 yards. The prone and bunker stage had targets that pushed out to about 600 yards. I wouldn't do much over 10X on the DMR side of things to make transitioning from target to target easier. A 1-8 would work fine but so would a 3-17 if you dial it down to a lower magnification.

I shot the match with a 3-10 power and I never dialed down from 10 power. I agree with trigger monkey an 8 power scope would work fine, higher than 10 or 12 power and I think locating and transitioning from one target to the next would be too slow.

Steve B.

Trigger monkey is on the money, he would have taken first if he had a score sheet. My buddy Tony was using using a 3-10 weaver and took third. I ran a 12x SS and had a hard time finding the close in targets which wasn't a problem on the first two stages but was on the thrid when I experienced two magazine malfunctions. Between the malfunctions and trying to find the 200 yard target again each time I wasted a lot of time on the clock and didn't get the engage the last two targets. On the forth stage shooting directly into the sun I couldn't see a damn thing. A sunshade would be a wise investment when shooting at the frontier range in the evening.

Last edited: