• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pod Claws???

sawman556

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
Bucks County, PA USA
Is anyone using the PT Pod Claws on there Harris bipods? I was thinking of getting the small claws, ski feet and thumb-screws. If your have them what are your thoughts? I don't see too many of them so if you have pics in action, please share.

Re: Pod Claws???

I got the large claws and rubber feet + thumb screws and I really like them. Mostly using the claws for shooting outdoors, though.

Not sure if the small feet would make a difference, but I like the size, the bipod does not sink into the soft ground on the range I used to shoot at.

They are a great addition to the Harris bipod. You'll be fine with the small set. Get a cover for them as well so you don't chew up the inside of your bag.

Been running the large claws for a few years now.
It is a quality product that adds a lot of function to the Harris Bipod.

There are a few things to be aware of though.
- The Claws add height to the bipod.
(I believe that the new "Pinned Version minimizes this though.)
- IMO, the thumb screws are a required item.
(Without them, you will be constantly turning the claws to properly orient the hinge.
- If you are not careful, the claws can scratch the shit out of a barrel.

As soon as I can find one of the "Pinned" versions, I will likely purchase another Pod Claws setup for my other Harris Bipod.

For those running a Harris instead of using pod claws and whatever feet. Give it just a little while and there should be the release of a new product to allow you to use the Atlas line of feet on your Harris pods.

where can i odder the pod claws can't find them for my (harris)?

I have both the claws and the rubber ski feet. Pretty much all of my shooting is in a field and the pod claws are great for allowing you to load your pod in the field. I have not had much of a chance to work with the ski feet. I can tell you they grip well on the carpet when working on dry-fire drills and not making the wife upset.

What is the advantage of running the pinned mount versus the QD setup?
It does appear that the pinned version will mount just a bit lower...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the advantage of running the pinned mount versus the QD setup?
It does appear that the pinned version will mount just a bit lower... </div></div>

You can have multiple adapters with different feet for different shooting positions. The claws would be good on the ground but not so good off a bench. The ski feet or rubber feet would be better on a bench. I guess a piece of carpet on a bench would work with the claws. Just different QD options. I just got mine. Ski feet and small claws. I only got 1 set of "not so cheap" adapters to start with.

My only gripe is I should have used a spacer or something before I put my pins in. The springs don't throw the feet out with quite as much authority as the stock set-up. Not a big deal but longer springs would be nice. I just painted mine up so I'll throw up some picks later today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE_Shithead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those running a Harris instead of using pod claws and whatever feet. Give it just a little while and there should be the release of a new product to allow you to use the Atlas line of feet on your Harris pods. </div></div>

that sounds good, i have an atlas, and the foot options are very cool, any idea when this will be available?