• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pod Lock. Who has them in stock?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I want to buy a KMW Pod Lock. I have looked on several vendor's sites and they seem to be out of stock and/or on backorder.
Who has them in stock?

Jim

Re: Pod Lock. Who has them in stock?

KMW did a Recall of sorts due to an inferior product. Not sure if he is shipping out the new kits or not yet but its worth the wait. I have a Podloc and I recently got a bipod with what looks like the one on ARFCOM and the KMW unit is a much nicer setup.

Since the Alpha-Bravo are about half the price of the KMW I wonder if they just replace the knurled nut and don't have the rest of the pieces the KMW has.

Jim

Jim,

Regarding MIDWAY USA: They asked us for samples and pricing a couple of years ago. Within a couple of months of getting the sample kits from me, they came out with something similar called Alpha Bravo. I was kinda dissapointed that they handled things like that but since then have heard from many other shops that they were done the same way on their own kits or products. MIDWAY brand products are 99% pure knockoffs of smaller businesses products.
In my opinion, that was bad form.

My fault you can't find the KMW kits. See link below for previous announcement.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1718742&page=1

I have just received the first samples from the new mold. I have beat them and crunched them in a machine vise. They are awesome and I should be able to start re-supplying my dealers by late next week.

In regards to T-Nuts and MidWay options:
If you are not going to purchase the KMW version due to price, you would be silly to not just bypass T-Nuts and MidWay.

Go to MSC Industrial, J.W.Winco or McMaster Carr. That is where T-Nuts and MidWay get their parts, then repackage them and out the door. Those parts are imported and of poor enough quality that I quit using them in 2002.

The washer/spacer used in my kit is heavier and more expensive than I would like, however I will continue to use it. Reason being that we tested a lot of stuff in 1999 and found that the factory Harris pivot rod that all of this attaches to can be bent or broken if not protected against lateral impact. Thus, my stainless collar that acts as a spacer and dust cover.

Thanks for your interest Jim.
If you do purchase one of our kits, it comes with a lifetime warranty and is supported directly by KMW regardless of what distributor you purchase from.

Everybody have a safe weekend.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uhhh make your own ... cost you about 20 bucks

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=336786

have fun!

</div></div>

Be sure to scroll over to the 10/7/2009 post on that thread. . .

Bauer Arms. In my experience, shipping was a bit steep, but they are in stock and Adam supports the Hide.

Thanks Terry. I would prefer to buy one of yours. I'm in no particular hurry, so whenever they are in is fine.
I saw the Bauer Arms has them listed. I sent an email to be sure they are in stock and they haven't answered yet. If they are in stock, can you tell me if they are the newer version or the older?

Jim

Terry,

Thanks for the update. I ordered $5K worth of bipods last week so I am sure to be able to keep up with demand when the updated KMW product starts to arrive. As always, you are a class act in dealing with comments about copycat/knockoff/substandard imitations of your product.

Pepperbelly,

Bauer Arms carries the KMW product, but I don't think he has the upgraded version in stock yet either.

I sent an email to Bauer about a week ago on some other items and it went unanswered too. I looked at Adam's posts and it seems he is away from the office temporarily with family business. Bauer Arms is 100% GTG and his service is top notch.

Steve,

You have about $175 less of these in stock now
smile.gif

I appreciate Terry's business efforts but the adjustable handle is not anything new. I put one on my first swivel bi-pod years before I ever heard of "Pod Loc". I used to be a welder fabricator in a huge manufacturing facility and we had bins of them. It just seemed logical. I never really thought any more of it.

I have some adjustable levers on some of my equipment and they came from. http://www.monroeengineering.com/adjustable_handles/index.htm They say www.askmonroe.com on the inside of the levers. They make many variations of these levers from plastic with zinc internals to all stainless steel. The "other parts" is just a thick washer.

If you want to go really high tech www.fixtureworks.net sells some really high end German made levers.

I'm going to try some cam levers. I think this will be even slicker than twisting the adjustable handle. They are very fast and solid.
Cam Levers Remember you saw them on the Hide first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yeah, or buy a KMW for about $25.00 and I don't have to scrounge parts.

Jim </div></div>

I presumed you did not want to wait, so I posted a DIY link...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a few pod loc's left here still in package.. </div></div>

well sell me one LOL

While I disagree with guys who try to make you feel like a putz for buying a Bushnell Elite rather than not shooting your new rifle til you can afford a $3000 S&B scope for it ... you really do not want a knock-off podlok or imitation Harris bipod. Ask me how I know.
frown.gif

In this case, as least, wait for the real thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinmaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a few pod loc's left here still in package.. </div></div>

well sell me one LOL </div></div>

Send me a PM and I'll get back to you