• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 308 - Atlas bipod won't fit

kimo16

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2013
I'm new to the forum. I've read it for a while but never posted. hopefully I post this in the right spot. I need some advice on the solution to a problem mounting a bipod on a POF 308. The gun is brand new, just manufactured and tested on 1/18/13. I bought an Atlas V8 QD bipod and got it home from the gun show to find out the rails underneath are a little larger than the standard picatinny width. The top rail is standard but left, right and lower are wider. I got a good deal on the bipod and would like to keep it. Has anyone out there found a solution? I'm hoping there's an adapter that I haven't found. I read a post on this forum from a few years ago but didnt see anything there that answered the question. Your responses are appreciated.

Re: POF 308 - Atlas bipod won't fit

Have you tried adjusting the atlas mount as it was designed?

Flip the ADM lever to where you have the most slack, push on the lever so the nut on the opposite side pops out of the fitted hex hole. Turn the nut right or left to adjust the tension and try fitting it on the rail again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flip the ADM lever to where you have the most slack, push on the lever so the nut on the opposite side pops out of the fitted hex hole. Turn the nut right or left to adjust the tension and try fitting it on the rail again. </div></div>

+1 to this. The mount is adjustable.

The Atlas will fit after you adjust the tensioner nut accordingly. I have an Atlas on my own POF.

thanks for the response. I tried your solution, no joy. I measured the picatinny on top which measures 3/4inch. The lower and side rails are 1 1/8 inch. Not enough room to adjust and the lower rail shoulders aren't square like the picatinny. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll put them up.

I had the older tactical rail with pic sections at 12, 3, 6 and 9 and also have the new "sniper" rail and my Atlas will fit both. Maybe a call to POF will get you somewhere. Let them know the measurements you came up with and see what they say

Thanks redirt, I sent POF an email this evening, I'm awaiting a response. I was hoping to find a solution tonight. I'm crazy impatient, just got it after a LONG search for the right gun and finally found it by accident. I hoping to take it to the range in the morning and break it in. The anticipation is killing me but I'm keeping it together...for now. Plus there's a huge gun show here this weekend that has a lot of tactical accessory vendors with anything you could hope for. If the vets on the forum had an answer I was going to speed off to the show in the morning and pick up whatever would solve it.

My gun has pic slots across the entire top, from the charging handle to the end of the forearm. I like it, a lot of opportunity to move optics to get it right where you want it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimo16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> see if this leads to pics that will help. My forearm seems to be a little different than yours Killshot.
[img:center]http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/k...627973535297625[/img]
</div></div>

Try taking the covers off...

thanks lowlight, problem solved. this is my first personal AR gun, accesories are new to me. i didn't know they shipped with covers, the top didn't have any on it when I bought it. The pics tell the story. the covers were on there tight but with a little finesse with the leatherman tool it got them off. I'm a happy boy heading to the range in the am. Thanks again to the good guys on this forum who are willing to help those in need out.

Cheers

http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/k...205186389290497

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimo16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> see if this leads to pics that will help. My forearm seems to be a little different than yours Killshot.
</div></div>

That's because you have the full tactical rail and I have the HSR rail.

Just to let you know you can trim that cover down and put it back on to fit up to your bi-pod.

thanks springer, excellent idea that I'm going to use. I like keeping my stuff in as new condition as much as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, nice. The covers were on </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the....
Fuck? </div></div>Give him some credit: He got halfway there himself - the rifle arrived enclosed in a box.
laugh.gif

Give him a break guys. All of us were new at one point. At least he is not one of the 'mall ninja's' that slap on one of those grig/bipod deals like my brother.

Although, I did have a little laugh when I saw the picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimo16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> see if this leads to pics that will help. My forearm seems to be a little different than yours Killshot.
</div></div>

Try taking the covers off... </div></div>
I'd love to see a picture of your face when you typed that.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try taking the covers off... </div></div>

blush.gif
DOH!!!!!
blush.gif

Oh well...sometimes you learn the hard way!!
smile.gif

To the OP...enjoy your new POF. I love mine and wouldn't trade them for anything else (well...maybe a GAP-10).
wink.gif
Good luck and God speed!

Ouch! LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimo16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> see if this leads to pics that will help. My forearm seems to be a little different than yours Killshot.
</div></div>

</div></div>

ROTFLMAO!!!

Welcome to the forum, Kimo16! I have been shooting for several years, but new to AR's last year. I had to ask someone at a gun store where the charging handle was!

Don't let the "internet hardasses" get to you. They probably need Velcro instead of shoelaces. Everyone does silly things. I embrace mine.

Also, I loved my first ar-a POF-16 so much that I soon bought a duplicate.