• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pof 308 users preferred bipod?

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
i just picked one of these babies up, the bottom rail seems wider than standard mil spec [though i could be mistaken about that]i could use some feedback on your pof 308 bipod of choice [or maybe its no different than any other semi??]curious what you all are doing, thanks in advance

Re: pof 308 users preferred bipod?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just picked one of these babies up, the bottom rail seems wider than standard mil spec [though i could be mistaken about that]</div></div>

And you would be mistaken. They are mil-spec picatinny rails that will work with any attachments/mounts made for them.

I run Atlas bipods on mine (lever mounts for quick on/off) and wouldn't have anything else.

I use a Harris BRM-S attached to the sling swivel like every other rifle I own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Harris BRM-S attached to the sling swivel like every other rifle I own. </div></div>

+1

I have the Larue/Harris combo with the built in Larue lever mount and a tightening knob.

I've had a Coldwell Bi-pid on my .308 for a while now! I've used harris on my bolt action and I can't tell the difference in performance. Only difference is the coldwell is half the cost.

More money for ammo in my opionion!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Harris BRM-S attached to the sling swivel like every other rifle I own. </div></div>

This ^^^ or Atlas.

I have used both and they work great.

Atlas bipod for sure, its costs a bit more but its worth it. Much easier to load and much more versatile than the Harris.

I have used just about everything from harris 6-9" up to the Vltor modpods.

The modpod is lighter and hangs on the side rails making for a wider stance but costs a whole lot more than the harris bipods.

^^^
yup.

See ya tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GG&G makes the best tactical bipod out there.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=220</div></div>

I used to think the same thing, until I replaced my GG&G with an Atlas V8.
wink.gif

Harris 6-9" swivel and it works just fine. However I do want to try one of those new Atlas V8's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Harris BRM-S attached to the sling swivel like every other rifle I own. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

Same for me, but I use the Larue Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo...haven't looked back!

Might want to ask those AZ TPRC competitors what they thought of their Atlas bipods. Atleast in squad 1. LOL Keep an eye in the for sale section if you want to try one.

Good deal Kasey. That's the sign of a good company. Looking for feedback to make products better. Good luck with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATLAS 8

_U6L0310.jpg
</div></div>

who makes that muzzle break?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATLAS 8

_U6L0310.jpg
</div></div>

who makes that muzzle break? </div></div>

Looks like a JP Tactical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just picked one of these babies up, the bottom rail seems wider than standard mil spec [though i could be mistaken about that]</div></div>

And you would be mistaken. They are mil-spec picatinny rails that will work with any attachments/mounts made for them.

</div></div>

This is not true. The rails are not spec. They are wider. I have to loosen up larue products a lot to use them on the pofs. POF rails do not have material in the slots, so LaRue type locking levers don't latch on correctly. The ARMs mount on my NVD, also does not fit correctly on the POF rail because it is too wide.

I love POFs, I wish they would fix this issue. I have (2) 16" .223 uppers, a 9" .223 upper and a 20" P308 rifle. They are super accurate, clean shooting rifles, but the rail systems is lacking.

-dan

Edit: I use Harris bipods hooked to the swivel stud or a larue bipod mount if I need QD capability.

I just got my POF (what a beautiful rifle!).

The bottom rail has a rubber/plastic 'cover' mated to it...so if you just held up a normal adaptor it wouldn't fit. I'm presuming you have to cut away the length you need and remove it to access the picatinny rail...leaving the rest of the length covered for protection from the sharp rail.

I got the Larue/Harris combo...is there a "standard" for mounting, ie: legs pointing forward or back...or is is just personal preference? And do you want it as far forward as possible?

Thanks guys-

I use Harris swivel on my bolt action guns. I have not mounted a bipod on my RR LAR 8 yet. I was going to get another Harris, but that Atlas looks pretty cool and sturdy. Does it swivel? I have gotten used to that feature and when I use other bipods, I miss the swivel.

Rob01, Thanks we've gotten some useable information and methods from this effort.

Patriot Prepper, Harris is a great bipod and it's always an honor to have the Atlas which Pans (allows muzzle to swing left/right and Cants (Harris calls "Cant" swivel), mentioned along with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">went with the gg&g thanks </div></div>

I received my GG&G Heavy Duty a few days ago and have been playing around with it and it feels VERY solid! I am extremely pleased with the quality and ease of operation this bipod offers. Come next Saturday I will do a range report and video on it.