• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 308 will not eject

wyominglarry

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2005
casper, wyoming
Anyone else with a POF 308 having or had problems with the rifle not able to eject the case? Extractor works correctly, but the case is no longer ejected. The rim of the case is stuck under the extractor.

The case will release from the extractor if I push it off, but it appears the ejector is not pushing against the case.
The ejector has a very strong spring, but I cannot figure out what is causing the problem.

The entire rifle is super clean, so I know the gas system is not causing the problem. At least I think it is not the problem.

Any suggestion before I send it back to POF?

Re: POF 308 will not eject

I have never had this problem, ever.

Have you pulled out the bolt and pressed an empty case onto the bolt face to see how the extractor and ejector react?

Does the weapon double feed when it cycles?

Sorry your having problems with your rifle, we do test fire all of them at the factory, but this can be ammo specific, but would like to have you call me tomorrow and I can try to walk you through a few things.

PM inbound with phone #.

Scott

Reactions: RUTGERS95

I took the bolt out and press a case into the face. The rim goes under the extractor and the case will go flat against the bolt face. The ejector pushes hard against the case.
I have taken the entire bolt apart several times to check for any defects, but cannot find a thing.

I am shooting ammo that I have shot many rounds through this rifle without this happening before. This problem started from the first round today, and I only tried it twice and put the rifle away.

15 minutes and a reply from a company rep. Gotta love this site.

No kidding!! Scott, you'd better tell Frank that you need a raise with fast responses like that!!!
wink.gif

As to the OP, I have never had an issue like that with my POFs, but I am sure if you give Scott a ring at the number he provided you by PM that he'll help you get to the bottom of this or arrange for your rifle to be fully serviced at the factory.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how things turn out.

OK

Going to add to this post. I had a POF 308 20" and had NO issues with cycling ever. My buddy has the exact same gun as mine and his rifle was a safe queen for a while now. He finally got out to shoot it and the very 1st round stuck on the flat portion of the barrel below the feed ramp and an FTF occurred. He tried 3 different mags and 2 would FTF and one would work. The mag that worked was a pmag.
Unfortunately the mag that CAME WITH THE RIFLE would NOT feed one single round into the gun ever. (side note: Are these rifles tested at the factory?????? Apparently not!!).

So with the "borrowed" from me Pmag he got his brand new rifle to feed only to fail to eject 3 rounds later. I grabbed his semi-loaded magazine and inserted it into my LMT and emptied the mag. So it was not an ammo or mag issue. It was a rifle issue.

I took the bcg out of his gun for inspection and could find nothing wrong. I told him to keep shooting for 200 rounds and maybe the rifle would "break-in", it never did. About every 5 or so rounds and he would get an FTE. He tried 3 different kinds of factory ammo including FGMM, Hornady match and prvi match.

BUT it doesn't end there........

The grouping of his bullets were very very bad. We are talking 7+" groups with all ammo. Not knowing what kind of shooter he is I asked for some trigger time on his gun. I sandbagged the rifle and cut the red circle of the target into 4 equal squares. I took my time breathing and squeezing the trigger. Bottom line is I never moved off center and was hard pressed to get below 6" groups. The target looked like a 00-Buck shot round from 100 yds.

Another side note I never had this type of issue with my POF so I was very surprised to see how many problems he was having.

My buddy was not happy and I had to listen to him complain all the way home.
POF will be getting his rifle back shortly.

Scott if you are reading this my buddy would like to see a target shot by POF included in the box with the returned rifle with 5 groups of 5 at 100 using FGMM holding sub-moa.

PLEASE dont "FORGET" to include the target. We will know what that means.

Hmm. I have never had those problems with my P308. I shoot 100% suppressed and do have to use the F/A now and then, but I have never had it jam. I never used the included mag though. I always used PMAGs.

As far as accuracy, I don't shoot many groups but the other day I shot some 5 shot groups. @ 100 yards .66" CTC with Hornady TAP. 1.2" CTC with $14/box Federal Power-Shok. @550 yards. 4 into 2.6" 5 into 4.1" with Hornady 168 TAP.

My 223 POF upper is also great.

Can you guys report back when you find out what was wrong with your rifles? Seems like some people get duds and some people get great guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK

(side note: Are these rifles tested at the factory?????? Apparently not!!).
<span style="color: #FF0000">All Rifles are shot and test fired</span>

Scott if you are reading this my buddy would like to see a target shot by POF included in the box with the returned rifle with 5 groups of 5 at 100 using FGMM holding sub-moa.

PLEASE dont "FORGET" to include the target. <span style="color: #CC66CC">We will know what that means.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I try and do what I can for most people, I always go the extra step. When I test fire a gun for accuracy, I always include the target, POF takes care of their customers, so please stop talking to me like I'm a punk.</span>
</div></div>

Impossible on the "tested at factory"! The gun would not feed one single bullet with the included mag. So unless POF just tossed a mag in the box on the way out the door the rifle was not tested. Maybe POF uses a PMAG to test the gun and then ships the rifle with the "other brand" mag. Even so it would not feed more than 5 rounds without a FTE. Can you clear things up so everyone knows hows its done and what mag you use? There were NO marks on the mag included in the box as if it had never been used. Also if the gun was tested how did it pass inspection? The rifle would not feed or eject any ammo used from any magazine 100%.

Second speak to your guy who answers the phone about forgetting to "include" targets in the box. I have another buddy that the target was not included in the box on the return trip. PM me for his name.

So in both cases I stand by what I said.

My other buddy was not impressed with the phone help either. All he got was ship back the upper. No communication of any kind while gun was there, being repaired or in the box that was returned.

I am the one who recommended the rifle to both my friends and feel a bit responsible. I did not have this problem with my gun which is why I recommended them to my friends. I am frustrated with POF after this last incident. Can you detect my frustration?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK

(side note: Are these rifles tested at the factory?????? Apparently not!!).
<span style="color: #FF0000">All Rifles are shot and test fired</span>

PLEASE dont "FORGET" to include the target. <span style="color: #CC66CC">We will know what that means.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I try and do what I can for most people, I always go the extra step. When I test fire a gun for accuracy, I always include the target, POF takes care of their customers, so please stop talking to me like I'm a punk.</span>
</div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over emote much ? </div></div>

If your talking to me is posting the facts "theatrical"?

Im pissed because my two best buddies are giving me plenty of grief about my recommendation to buy POF. These problems all happened in the last couple weeks as well.

Take it any way you like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over emote much ? </div></div>

Im pissed because my two best buddies are giving me plenty of grief about my recommendation to buy POF. These problems all happened in the last couple weeks as well so its fresh intel.

</div></div>

Sounds like Karma too me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over emote much ? </div></div>

Im pissed because my two best buddies are giving me plenty of grief about my recommendation to buy POF. These problems all happened in the last couple weeks as well so its fresh intel.

</div></div>

Sounds like Karma too me... </div></div>

Karma for my friends? So getting a bad rifle is karma now? Wow!
Let me guess your scotts friend?

Do you know any of my friends or me? Sounds like your just a button pusher.

I came here to let people know what happened you came here for what reason?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I came here to let people know what happened <span style="font-weight: bold">you came here for what reason?</span></div></div>

Before we get to that, looks to me like you came to cry and stomp your feet... you don't know what the issue is, yet you're calling POF liars saying they didn't test fire the rifle. Why would it be so strange to have them throw a mag in the box, and not have it be the magazine they used to test fire it ? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, they put catalogs and other papers in the box, nothing says they were there when test fired.

How do you know your buddies, while sitting on their sticks in the safe didnt take them apart and screwed the gas system up ? Set it to shoot for a suppressor and messed the gas regulator up ?

What ammo are you using ?

The mags could certainly be bad, it happens.

Now, I am here because I own the place.... this is my site, of which you are a guest. If you don't like it, I have a key to door, and windows.

I own several POF rifles, I have been shooting them since the first 308 Prototype, so I think I have a bit of experience with them.

Michael, Its best to let the company IE: POF deal with the problem Before sending a "Call for Fire" out on the Internet. Im sure they will take care of it and your freinds will be happy with their rifles like you are with yours.

FYI: "Lowlight" Frank , owns this site and was trying to tell you nicely to Chill.

"Now, I am here because I own the place.... this is my site, of which you are a guest. If you don't like I have a key to doors, and windows. "

Hehe. Your responses are always great LL.

Reactions: TxOldie

It amazes me how many internet commandoes have (and post online) issues in comparison to the number of weapons POF has in the hands of agencies and training organizations that function great with lots of fire.

It is always best to contact the manufacturer directly than an online callout. It is possible that your buddy received a rifle he's unhappy with, as they are mechanical systems. I also know that POF-USA will stand behind their product. Where did your buddy pick his rifle up at? Did you check the gas setting? After a rifle sets in a safe for extended periods (especially new ones that have nitride heat treatments to the barrels) it is good to make sure the chamber and bore are clean, did he check that?

Oh regarding this:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
Can you refer me to where POF has this 5X5 accuracy guarantee?

They are accurate rifles, and if your buddy's gun won't shoot under 6" at 100 with factory Match ammo there is a problem.

Threatening further internet shenanigans based on what you dememnd for a test target is not the smartest route to take however.....

Wahhh! I had my buddies convinced I was cool! Now they are doubting if I even stand to pee! Man I hate that shit. Take it up with the company. Everyone makes mistakes. Possibly even your "best buddies". Maybe even you?

I have a question... Probably a stupid question... I don't care.

Can the bolt be installed into the Bolt Carrier upside-down? I believe this would put the ejector and extractor on the wrong side. Thus causing the ejector to push the shell into the inside of the receiver instead of out the port. Just a thought...

I want to back up a bit and say I got carried away with this topic.

Rifles do have issues from time to time, thats a given. I also did not mean to get in Scotts face. I was venting at POF not Scott. So an apology goes out to Scott.

I appreciate being a "guest" here as I have learned a ton of 411 reading the threads on SH. An apology also goes to the owner.

I will expand on what was not sitting well with me with regards to POF. The issue was taken up with Pof 1st and not resolved.

Friend 1 had sent his rifle to POF for accuracy issues. Pof wanted the upper only and said they would shoot the gun at the range. F1 sent rifle upper with a letter describing the problem and requested a target from the range trip. My buddy gets the rifle back 2 weeks later with no paperwork,no target and no communication. He calls Pof and they said they "lost" the target and did not know what work was done. He takes the rifle to the range and there is no difference in groups. He has several people shoot it with FGMM and the rifle still grouped approximately 5 inches at 100.

Rifle 2 F2. The rifle was clean. He never took the gun apart and jacked with the gas system. The BCG was clean. All 3 mags worked flawlessly in my LMT after the Pof jammed. All 3 types of ammo I mentioned earlier worked 100% in my LMT. I traded the mag that did not work in his gun and gave him my pmag.

I was not the OP on this thread. I did not come here to bash Pof. Just adding what I witnessed 1st hand. I will post what is done to the second rifle if they send my friend paperwork this time. Pof was the one that stated the gun will shoot sub moa over the phone when my buddy asked what it should shoot.

I guess all this could have been avoided by better communication on my part here and on Pofs part with regards to my friends gun.

I saw the pics he posted on another site - it looked to me like maybe the lower was a little out of spec, or the feedramps weren't quite right, or maybe a combination of both. Shit happens and the way these rifles have to line up in order to feed 100% is a little tight. I had a similar problem with my cmmg+dpms 308 and polishing the feedramps along with bending the feed lips on my DPMS mags cured the feeding issues.

As far as what he says about mags, targets etc I can see how people would expect those but I'm pretty sure neither is the case. For one any tester would probably use the same known good magazine in every gun so that if/when he had problems he'd know that it wasn't the magazine.

You have 2 guys here on the site that will take care of you, so calm down. If the brass is not ejecting there is a problem some where, my friends move over when I get the POF out. Spits the hot brass 10 feet or more. If there is a problem, POF will fix it!!

Tell your buddies to send the uppers in or the complete rifles, put a receipt in the box for shipping and I'll make sure you get reimbursed, with a note with the problems.

I'll make sure it gets fixed, I'll personally take it out for accuracy testing and include the target, we don't use federal Gold medal match ammo, we use honrady for accuracy testing. I'll even use some of my 175gr hand loads to show a comparison. If the barrel shoots 5 inches like you say, we'll be happy to replace the barrel and make sure it shoots accurate before sending it back.

I'm on a family emergency right now so I won't be in the office all week, but turn around time is 1-2 weeks max from the time we get it. I should be back in by the time the rifle arrives.

At some point, sooner rather than later people will realize you catch more flies with honey, than with vingar.

We do what we can to bring companies into the fold here so that people can talk directly to them when something, good or bad comes up. USO is a great example of this, people like they can talk directly with John, and it goes a long way for everyone. Just like what Scott is doing on here for POF. They want their customers to have the best experience possible, and will go out of their way to make it right. It shows, he is still here talking up a solution.

Now, let's look at the vingar approach, where you call the company names, get all emotional and simply fight each offer to help, saying they won't help for whatever your personal reasons are. Why would a company continue to interact with someone being argumentative ? Why would another company who reads this bother to log in and offer themselves up to the wolves. They don't and won't.

It's what turns them off to the internet.

it poisons the well when you go after someone especially when they come on and offer to help, and you continue to go negative.

I don't know about you, I like the members being able to talk to the companies who make the products we use. If you don't, and simply want to score internet points by being the one who pushed too far, then by all means, go negative all you want, you won't last long here, but it's your choice to make.

I recommend when you have a problem, try honey first, you'd be surprised. It's a gun, it's not worth getting all emotional, it;s the same as flipping out at Craftsman because you wrench doesn't work.

Reactions: TxOldie

I will expand on what was not sitting well with me with regards to POF. The issue was taken up with Pof 1st and not resolved.

</div></div>

So when your buddies got their uppers back from POF, they still did not work? Until POF gets the uppers, the issue has not been addressed by POF.

POF sponsors the hell out of our little shooting community, donates helicopters and pilots time, to fly us retards around shooting out of helicopters, has reps on the Hide, whos first post was "send it in, and I will take care of it", .........I am failing to see the breakdown is service is occuring...

I have never dealt with a nicer group of people than those at POF. I had one small issue, and they took care of it FAR better than I expected. And my issue was probably caused by user error, not the factory.

It wasnt a buddy, or someone I know, "I" called them, sent the gun in, and got it back within a week of them recieving it. No amount of me bothering them checking on it seemed to bug them.

The company supports shooters and matches, a rep is on here PROMISING to take care of you. Bro, just say, "thanks, you guys are the best" and take them up on the offer. My 14.5 hits under 2" at 100 yards all day, with me shooting, and I am no great shot.

One shot one kill has a very good suggestion.

I will try it and let you know. Apparently the answer is yes the bolt holes are the same diameter on the 308 bolt and I did not pay any attention to which hole I put on top.

It does change the position where the ejector and extractor face the case.

Having taken the bolt apart many times and put it back together I never really gave it any thought, until your suggestion.

I just turned the bolt 180 degrees and now the ejector and extractor are in the same orientation as a standard AR bolt.

If this solves the problem then I learned something new and really appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to see people getting mad at each other over what appears to be another POF owner's rifle that did have problems.

I asked this question to see if someone might know more then me and provide a good idea. I think one shot one kill did that.
I will shoot this weekend and will report back on my situation.

Yes, Scott did help me and he is the armorer for POF. I think he tries very hard to help every customer.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me that Scott is a hell of a man! Hell I want a POF now and I dont realy like autoloaders. </div></div>

I didn't like semi-autos that much until I handled a POF... then I shot it... and then I eventually came on here and bought one.
laugh.gif

just got my POF 308 20" this week!

They had a real nice display at Tulsa's big gun show a few mo. back, been wanting one pretty bad ever since. I dont drink the koolaid too much around here but its not hard to see the quality in these weapons, especially while handling them. Price tag is steep for a guy like me but you're getting a lot of rifle for the coin IMO.

okie

After reading this thread, it gives me new perspective about POF customer service. There's people out there bad-mouthing POF CS. Even though I decided to keep an open mind and not totally dismiss that brand, I admittedly was a bit skeptical about buying a POF. Scott's amazingly fast and courteous response on this forum would make me comfortable purchasing one in the future. Now I wonder about the integrity and hidden motives about those bashing a company which obviously cares about its customers.

I sent a POF 308 upper back 2 times due to accuracy issues. They were rude on the phone and never responded to my letter of concern i wrote. I wanted the rifle to work so bad. It just looked so mean!! I was super stoked about that rifle during the wait time after i placed the order because of all the positive reviews i had read. About the time i received mine, ironically, the reviews started to turn much more negative. I finally sold it after much frustration and no solution in sight.

I am a much happier person now.
smile.gif

I am glad to hear that the CS seems to be getting better though.

Scott, Out of curiosity what kind of group does your product shoot at 300 meters with hornady match and a 20 inch barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tough_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, Out of curiosity what kind of group does your product shoot at 300 meters with hornady match and a 20 inch barrel? </div></div>

I have a 20inch 308 and I truthfully get MOA (sometimes just under, sometimes just over) I shoot from 100, 200, 300 and 500yds on the range here in PHX.

Sorry your having problems with your rifle, we do test fire all of them at the factory, but this can be ammo specific, but would like to have you call me tomorrow and I can try to walk you through a few things.

PM inbound with phone #.

Scott
My problem is that I just bought a new POF 308 Edge from Central Florida Gun & Tactical.....AND the BCG WILL NOT COME OUT!!! It's like the BCG is catching on the lip of something. AND because I don't have x-ray vision, I can't seem to figure it out. Is this common to POF?????

I just went through this on a custom AR15 build (not POF). What's most likely happening is stacked tolerances between the bolt and the headspace. If both are on the high side, the bolt won't unlock. Generally, you can "giggle" the charging handle a bit and it'll come unlocked. Once unlocked, take out the BCG and lube the lugs on the bolt excessively and see if it helps. If so, you'll most likely need a bolt with tolerances on the low side of things. Either way, it's probably going to require you to send the rifle back into POF.

If the lube improves things dramatically, you may try running rounds through it and it may break in. But not normal. I own a POF Revolution DI and it shot very well straight out of the box with cheap ammo.

This is exactly the scary answer I was hoping NOT to hear.

Sending things to POF (If you've been reading these threads) means MONTHS of time without your gun and straight up LIES about whether or not they actually "did work" on the gun.

The one guy who DID get results from POF actually physically walked his gun into their Arizona office and eyeballed them as he waited for the actual WORK to occur. They did no smithing, they just replaced parts and sent him out. His gun shot fine after that.

POF used to have accurate Rock Creek barrels, now they have the lesser Green Mountain. They used to have quick customer service (COVID aside), now guys are waiting months.

I 100% appreciate your answer, but it makes me sick to my stomach because of the new POF reputation. My only hope is that firing rounds through the new gun will be the remedy.

Hell, at this point, if putting rounds through it doesn't fix it, I'd be willing to start SANDING the bolt / headspace interface to create a more perfect union. It sure as hell beats paying for shipping, losing my gun for months, and getting lied to with no actual results.

I didn't create slander here. I have read every thread on this site which mentioned the keystrokes "POF". Ironically, I purchased this gun because of its original reputation as referred by a good friend of mine who is a fabulous rifleman and shop owner. Apparently he wasn't aware of the brand's reputation slippage.

I hear you and share your concerns as a fellow POF owner. I will say, for every bad thread I see here, I see good ones elsewhere. There's a Facebook POF owner's group and a few folks there have had good customer service. It'd be a concern for me too if I were in your shoes as no one wants to go through that sort of hassle. My rifle shot extremely well with fairly low-budget ammo right out of the box and has run like a champ. I did need to adjust the gas a bit but that's normal. I've taken the rifle apart and am pretty amazed at the engineering and build quality. It really is a work of art.

What I'd do..lI'd call them and explain the situation. It could be as simple as swapping in another bolt on the low side of the tolerance range. Literally a five minute (or less) procedure. Whether or not they'd be willing to send you just a bolt is unknown. I suspect they'll want the entire upper to check tolerances. I sent my entire upper to the manufacturer for my situation and it was shipped back the same day they got it. I did pay for shipping both ways as it was their BCG but another manufacturer's barrel.

Have you tried lubing the lugs yet to see if that improves the bolt releasing? On my bolt, it was literally one onethousanths on the high side. That was enough to cause my problems with what they described as a tight barrel. I tried the bolt in another barrel and I had hangups with it too just not quite as bad. But they did say it'll wear in with use. I received the upper back yesterday and put the gun back together and it now functions normally.

I hear you and share your concerns as a fellow POF owner. I will say, for every bad thread I see here, I see good ones elsewhere. There's a Facebook POF owner's group and a few folks there have had good customer service. It'd be a concern for me too if I were in your shoes as no one wants to go through that sort of hassle. My rifle shot extremely well with fairly low-budget ammo right out of the box and has run like a champ. I did need to adjust the gas a bit but that's normal. I've taken the rifle apart and am pretty amazed at the engineering and build quality. It really is a work of art.

What I'd do..lI'd call them and explain the situation. It could be as simple as swapping in another bolt on the low side of the tolerance range. Literally a five minute (or less) procedure. Whether or not they'd be willing to send you just a bolt is unknown. I suspect they'll want the entire upper to check tolerances. I sent my entire upper to the manufacturer for my situation and it was shipped back the same day they got it. I did pay for shipping both ways as it was their BCG but another manufacturer's barrel.

Have you tried lubing the lugs yet to see if that improves the bolt releasing? On my bolt, it was literally one onethousanths on the high side. That was enough to cause my problems with what they described as a tight barrel. I tried the bolt in another barrel and I had hangups with it too just not quite as bad. But they did say it'll wear in with use. I received the upper back yesterday and put the gun back together and it now functions normally.
Yes, I've lubed it. Good post.
How bad is it to just start putting rounds through it? Will I warp the lugs, or will it just break the 1/1000 impediment and cause it to work fabulously from then on?

Honest answer, I don't have enough experience to comment one way or the other. I know the manufacturer of my BCG said it "probably" would have been fine had I just shot it and worn it in but it's that probability I'd rather avoid.

Maybe some of the more experienced members can chime in.

Yes, I've lubed it. Good post.
How bad is it to just start putting rounds through it? Will I warp the lugs, or will it just break the 1/1000 impediment and cause it to work fabulously from then on?
Well that sucks.

for clarity- when you say you can't remove the BCG- the rifle cycles fine when you're using the charging handle, but when you open the rifle up, you're pulling on the CH to remove the BCG, but it sticks at some point and you can't remove the BCG from the upper ? And the CH isn't coming out with it eithe,r even after some good hard jiggling...?
When you've got the BCG and CH pulled out as far as possible, is there any play in either, or do they feel locked solid ? But they move back and forth freely up until the point where they catch on whatever's stopping them coming out ?

If the rifle cycles fine when it's together, then the lugs are doing what they're supposed to, so I'd go shoot a couple of mags through to see if it loosens things up a bit.

This rifle has not been shot by me yet. I bought it new from Central Florida Gun. They first sent me a 6.5 Creedmoor, which I returned for what I ordered... the 308. The Creedmoor cycled via the CH when it was together, and when it was apart. It would have fired (if I would have fired it) fabulously.
Then the 308 came in the mail.
The sticking point is when and only when the bolt is fully forward.
I can separate it from the upper when I mortar it, but I continue to wonder how much damage mortaring it might do to my optics. I know I can remove the optics, which I may do.

This thread is awesome, but I am definitely open to a phone conversation for speed's sake. Somebody save me before I get stupid and just start putting rounds through the damn thing.