• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 308 will not eject

POF staffs are nice and helpful, but the rifles are so so. How does that happen? Both my rifle are working great now (gun smith) after few range trips, 500+ rounds testing and FedEx, no big deal...... only frustration. It is not worth the time.

so your problem is the revers of not being able to get it up your just not able to get it out lol ? have you ever tried poring hot water over them I mean it . take it to a gun smith or a vet . maybe its just separation anxiety or your gun just really don't like you .Id take it to a smith or sell it get another save your self any more headaches . Buy another gun . either way your problem is solved . just to ask can you put a bullet in the bolt outside the gun load it and then eject it ?

The sticking point is when and only when the bolt is fully forward.
I can separate it from the upper when I mortar it, but I continue to wonder how much damage mortaring it might do to my optics. I know I can remove the optics, which I may do.
This thread is awesome, but I am definitely open to a phone conversation for speed's sake. Somebody save me before I get stupid and just start putting rounds through the damn thing.

Still not massively clear- yes, remove your optic- if you haven't shot it, I'm assuming it's not zeroed, so take it off to make things simpler.

-The bolt gets stuck in the forward position; always or occasionally ?-
-You can free the BCG by mortaring - but you're talking about shooting it- Can insert a mag and cycle a round into the chamber with the CH ? Or would you have to mortar it, then put in a mag, then cycle the now freed BCG to chamber a round ?

-When you mortar it to free the bolt, are you able to open the rifle and remove the bolt and CH ?
-When you break open the rifle, have you sprayed the living shit out of everything with a penetrating oil ?

If I could get a round into it, I'd shoot it to see if the piston would cycle the action as intended from that end of things ( making sure the gas system was "on").

After slamming the bolt release, it jams every time.

If it's loose I can load a mag and then release bolt to load chamber. After that, it must be mortared.

Yes, and yes on your last 2 Qs.

if the cam and bolt rotate freely within the carrier, a then I'd try shooting it to see if that grinds the bits into working properly. If mortaring can generate enough force to disengage the lugs, then it's worth trying before sending it in

Last update for anyone who followed this rabbit hole.

Covered the bolt lugs with a Sharpie pen. Ran it through the cycle. Found high spots on the face, the walls AND THE back side of the lugs.
Microsanded the .0005 inch piece by piece trying the action at each small change. Eventually, it cycled perfectly. No rounds had been fired. Then took it to the range. Only 10 rounds in and it shoots like a dream.

Glad it worked out in the end, but it’s a twat that you had to do that work yourself. Still, sure you’ll enjoy the rest of your ownership.

My 2 POFs have been great from the start, reliable and sub MOA- despite the different barrels-one’s a newer Revolution the other’s an 8 year old, pre Edge 308.

Glad it worked out in the end, but it’s a twat that you had to do that work yourself. Still, sure you’ll enjoy the rest of your ownership.

My 2 POFs have been great from the start, reliable and sub MOA- despite the different barrels-one’s a newer Revolution the other’s an 8 year old, pre Edge 308.
So you have the 20" fluted Rock Creek?

I just bought a revolution 5 weeks ago and it wouldn't eject anything except remington corelocks I've tried multiple mags and nothing helps. I contacted pof 4 weeks ago and still nothing the claim its the extractor and would send me one but nothing

so your problem is the revers of not being able to get it up your just not able to get it out lol ? have you ever tried poring hot water over them I mean it . take it to a gun smith or a vet . maybe its just separation anxiety or your gun just really don't like you .Id take it to a smith or sell it get another save your self any more headaches . Buy another gun . either way your problem is solved . just to ask can you put a bullet in the bolt outside the gun load it and then eject it ?

I’m that “gun smith” after dealing with all the issues test after test

The rifle is good, but QC isn’t on the same page.

maybe you should get a POF so you can concentrate on the rifle instead

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Anyone else with a POF 308 having or had problems with the rifle not able to eject the case? Extractor works correctly, but the case is no longer ejected. The rim of the case is stuck under the extractor.

The case will release from the extractor if I push it off, but it appears the ejector is not pushing against the case.
The ejector has a very strong spring, but I cannot figure out what is causing the problem.

The entire rifle is super clean, so I know the gas system is not causing the problem. At least I think it is not the problem.

Any suggestion before I send it back to POF?
I have a POF Revolt in 308 I'm in the UK and I have only used it once as got it just before lockdown 1. Using factory ppu ammo I couldn't eject a case after firing. It did it every round I literally had to use the bench and push the charging handle against it. The chamber was spotless the bolt face doesn't move freely in the bolt body so I over oiled it and pushed it in an out a lot then blew the excess oil out with an airline. Does anyone know of the bolt should have a spring like the 223 version as I dont think mine does and wondee if that's the problem? Ps hope you don't mind a limey joining your forum lol

You will probably get more crap for necroposting an 11 year old thread, than for being a limey, but we will see. 🤣 You might even get an answer to your question. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Asiparks
You will probably get more crap for necroposting an 11 year old thread, than for being a limey, but we will see. 🤣 You might even get an answer to your question. 🤣
you might get some crap for someone who can't count years very well-

hello U268642 from a relocated limey !

Anyone else with a POF 308 having or had problems with the rifle not able to eject the case? Extractor works correctly, but the case is no longer ejected. The rim of the case is stuck under the extractor.

The case will release from the extractor if I push it off, but it appears the ejector is not pushing against the case.
The ejector has a very strong spring, but I cannot figure out what is causing the problem.

The entire rifle is super clean, so I know the gas system is not causing the problem. At least I think it is not the problem.

Any suggestion before I send it back to POF?
I have a POF Revolt in 308 I'm in the UK and I have only used it once as got it just before lockdown 1. Using factory ppu ammo I couldn't eject a case after firing. It did it every round I literally had to use the bench and push the charging handle against it. The chamber was spotless the bolt face doesn't move freely in the bolt body so I over oiled it and pushed it in an out a lot then blew the excess oil out with an airline. Does anyone know of the bolt should have a spring like the 223 version as I dont think mine does and wondee if that's the problem? Ps hope you don't mind a limey joining your forum
Oh well the POF only came out in the UK 2 yrs ago were allowed the 50 state legal one... Classed as a straight pull over here. Anyway sorry didn't realise it was 11 yrs old... 👍 Thanks for your response though and have a nice day 😁

I have a POF Revolt in 308 I'm in the UK and I have only used it once as got it just before lockdown 1. Using factory ppu ammo I couldn't eject a case after firing. It did it every round I literally had to use the bench and push the charging handle against it. The chamber was spotless the bolt face doesn't move freely in the bolt body so I over oiled it and pushed it in an out a lot then blew the excess oil out with an airline. Does anyone know of the bolt should have a spring like the 223 version as I dont think mine does and wondee if that's the problem? Ps hope you don't mind a limey joining your forum

Oh well the POF only came out in the UK 2 yrs ago were allowed the 50 state legal one... Classed as a straight pull over here. Anyway sorry didn't realise it was 11 yrs old... 👍 Thanks for your response though and have a nice day 😁

If I read this correctly, you're running it without a gas system? If so, that will add a little more difficulty.

In my experience, pof has an issue with finishes and clearances. As such, they will tell you that it needs 500 rounds to break in and work properly. The best you can probably do is a lot of lube and hand cycling a lot. If it has their roller cam pin, it might be worth swapping to a standard one. Smoothed out the one I had.

I had a semi auto, but it was a bit of a mess without a lot of tuning, and it's gone back to pof twice without improvement.

If I read this correctly, you're running it without a gas system? If so, that will add a little more difficulty.

In my experience, pof has an issue with finishes and clearances. As such, they will tell you that it needs 500 rounds to break in and work properly. The best you can probably do is a lot of lube and hand cycling a lot. If it has their roller cam pin, it might be worth swapping to a standard one. Smoothed out the one I had.

I had a semi auto, but it was a bit of a mess without a lot of tuning, and it's gone back to pof twice without improvement.
Thanks for the response, over here we're the hand sof the gods as we only have the supplier and not the manufacturer to go to. I did think maybe it was a running in issue so I'll go with that first. Unfortunately we're not allowed gas parts here because we're not sensible enough to be able to have anything other than 22 in semi automatic lmao. Thanks again for your help 👍

Thanks for the response, over here we're the hand sof the gods as we only have the supplier and not the manufacturer to go to. I did think maybe it was a running in issue so I'll go with that first. Unfortunately we're not allowed gas parts here because we're not sensible enough to be able to have anything other than 22 in semi automatic lmao. Thanks again for your help 👍

Mine required mortaring between shots, so yours sounds better.

Re: POF 308 will not eject

Sorry your having problems with your rifle, we do test fire all of them at the factory, but this can be ammo specific, but would like to have you call me tomorrow and I can try to walk you through a few things.

PM inbound with phone #.

Scott
Thumbs up!!!!