• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 6.5 Creedmoor jamming

Re: POF 6.5 Creedmoor jamming

Look up Slash buffers, and they dont recommend a heavier spring with their buffers

So I finally got an opportunity to shoot my "fixed" POF 6.5 creemoor. I zero'd it at 100 and shot at 200 yards, then shot unknown distance 4" steel spinners from 200 to 300 yds. I was able to make 1st-round hits, no problem.

However it is still jamming.

I tried the Slash heavy buffer and the regular buffer, worked a little better with heavy buffer but still jammed.

Also changed out the springs to different weight springs, worked better with heavier spring but still jammed.

Tried shooting it in suppressed and non-suppressor modes, it got worse in suppressed mode.

Cleaned the rifle and chamber, worked a little better but still jammed.

Any thoughts? I just want to make sure I tried everything before sending the rifle back AGAIN, and waiting for months.

Thanks.

How about putting some Hornady ONE shot on the loaded rounds.Maybe your chamber is rough,short chambered a little or tight ???.A friend recently tried this in his 243wssm.Apparently with the cases being cleaned in the ultra sonic the case would grab the chamber hard and he'd have extraction jamming issues but not so with lubed cases.

Called POF and they told me to send my rifle upper in, and they will send me back a completely new upper. I think this should solve my problem.