• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF 6.5 EDGE Quality/Function?

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
Hello all. I have an opportunity to get into a POF 6.5 Edge in a trade deal. Generally speaking, POF has a reputation of manufacturing pretty damn good piston rifles, using quality barrels. However, I remember some years ago reading about POF's 6.5 Creedmoors having many malfunctions: FTF's and FTE's. Granted, that was several years ago, and the knowledge base of running these large-frame AR's has come a long ways since then.

Additionally, this "Edge" series of rifles are relatively new to the marke, so I'm not seeing much in terms of reviews. I keep getting the older stuff about them being piles of ass. Curious if any 'Hiders have any experience with them, and if so, can you please provide some details?

As always, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

No experience with 6.5 but my .308 edge runs awesome. I’ve fed it a variety of ammo and have not had an issue. Very accurate too.

The Edge is a continuation of Gen 1,2,3, and 4. Main difference between Gen 4 and Edge is the Edge has a narrower handguard and has a 5 position gas block (gen 4 had a 3 poisition). I think they're good to go.

I have an Edge 6.5 purchased 3 months ago. It has been a total nightmare! Feeding and jamming issues galore. Sent it to POF for repair and It came back no better than when I sent it. The second time I took a video of a friend shooting it (or trying to) with hopes it would help POF see what the problem might be. Sent it back a second time with the video link. POF rep called to tell me it was fixed and that they had video of them shooting it. It came back and malfunctioned after about six rounds. Two rounds jammed and were severely bent. After that, the rifle failed to feed about every other round just as it had before. I can’t believe they can’t fix their own rifle. My patience is definitely wearing thin. Beware of these in 6.5!

That sounds like a walk away and look at something else! I hate hearing someone got a total lemon from a big name manufacturer.

Buddy and I have couple POFs. The design sounds really good, but performance is sub par. We both sent in our POFs and service is great but we both hope that performance can be as good as their service. Do yourself a favor to spend a little more on other known as LMT. POF is accurate with heavier weight bullet but inconsistent. You might think you saving some money on rifle but end up spending more on ammo trying to find out why your rifle isn’t shooting right.

Thanks for your replies. To be fair they are doing their best to help. I’ve been doing my best to video everything so they know I’m being honest. I read on another blog that someone having the same issues with their 6.5 Edge requested a swap out with a .308 upper. As it stands they are discontinuing the Edge line entirely in favor of the Revolutions. I also have a Renegade plus in .223/556 which has been a total dream to shoot. Part of me just wants to walk away from it entirely but I’m not sure what pushback I will get if I demand a refund. This weekend I’m going to video a buddy of mine who is a combat veteran in Iraq firing the rifle from start to finish-from loading the mag to shooting a round. I’ll be using the same S&B 143gr ammo they used at the factory to test it each time they had it. Then when it malfunctions I will have a good case for a refund or a .308 swap out. Anyone had the .308 Edge? Your input would be greatly appreciated!