• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Horrible Customer Service!

Re: POF Horrible Customer Service!

Well, I guess this is what I get for being all excited and putting my lowers together before I had everything. It was just an awesome 2 weeks getting in all my lower parts and putting them together. I will give POF a bit more time, If not then I will have two new complete lowers to place on the market. Would anyone be interested in two stripped lowers? .223 Gen 1’s with full auto markings?

Thank you to everyone who came to my defense!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I can understand frustration with poor customer service but as my new best friend Fast has admitted he used other websites for info, perhaps not as well as he should have as some folks here are rather quick to point out sheetray customer service they got with POF. It seems he came here to attack POF and no other reason.

Now allow me to offer this to all out here.

MANY gunsmiths who build militarily useful rifles oft times push back civilian orders to move active duty/LE orders ahead. Heard a vague rumor there is a war on.

Dont know for sure with this crowd, DO know several other companies have this policy.

Anyway crappy service sucks, running through the interwebz with scissors is silly.

Seems my good friend Fast isnt really a member here but a whiner.

Dont want to be hasty, I do look forward to his sharing of knowledge on the ACIS and other gun related topics. </div></div>

The OP has been registered here a hell of a lot longer than you have. Just because he's not flappin his lips and posting three times a day dosn't mean he dosn't know what he's talkin about. If what he's said is true, the service he's recieved is unacceptable...period.

okie </div></div>

Right there with ya Okie, hope you get it sorted Fast, that is unacceptable by any standard.

I ordered mine in January, they said 6-8 wks. Had my rifle right on time. Every time I call them they're helpful and pleasant on the phone.

Wonder why the difference between my experience and his?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddy just shipped his in because they forgot to put proper feedramps on the barrel extension. When he gets the rifle back they shipped it in 2 pieces upper/lower with no padding and the 2 parts scratched the hell out of each other during shipment. The rifle was brand new and without any scratches.</div></div> Gotalmyteedam it just keeps getting worse.

They make some badass guns but this is rediculous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I can understand frustration with poor customer service but as my new best friend Fast has admitted he used other websites for info, perhaps not as well as he should have as some folks here are rather quick to point out sheetray customer service they got with POF. It seems he came here to attack POF and no other reason.

Now allow me to offer this to all out here.

MANY gunsmiths who build militarily useful rifles oft times push back civilian orders to move active duty/LE orders ahead. Heard a vague rumor there is a war on.

Dont know for sure with this crowd, DO know several other companies have this policy.

Anyway crappy service sucks, running through the interwebz with scissors is silly.

Seems my good friend Fast isnt really a member here but a whiner.

Dont want to be hasty, I do look forward to his sharing of knowledge on the ACIS and other gun related topics. </div></div>

The OP has been registered here a hell of a lot longer than you have. Just because he's not flappin his lips and posting three times a day dosn't mean he dosn't know what he's talkin about. If what he's said is true, the service he's recieved is unacceptable...period.

okie </div></div>

Okie's hit it on the head. Number of posts somehow equals status? <span style="font-style: italic">It's the internet, stupid</span>. I've been registered on the new site since 06 and seem to recall being on the old one too. I have 300 odd posts. Big deal - some people like to listen more than they speak. Believe it or not, your dick or your 'rep' doesn't grow an extra 0.1" every time you post, although for some, perhaps the dick that grows out of their head does if that's how they calculate credibility.

Frankly, I'm thankful the OP has brought this up. People who couldn't spell customer service, let alone pull it out of their ass don't deserve people's custom or hard-earned dollars. Give me a guy who says it's going to take a year and delivers over one who couldn't lie straight in bed and gives you BS when you try to get some resolution, when it's their responsibility to provide both an explanation and a solution.

Just put a different upper on your lower... No need to sell them. Unless for some reason they require a POF upper.

POF has been an excellent sponsor at SHC, Az TPRC, and upcoming OR match... Probably many others as well.

So I dont say this easily but if your not happy ... Give yourself a timeline ... Say next Friday ... And if you have not been able to communicate with them, get your issue resolved and a new timeline that is acceptable to you, then get a refund or do a charge back. You only have so long to do a charge back on your CC. I know because I got hosed out of 4k in racing parts years ago.

OP, bad delivery of the message and it seems too much like trash talking and a personal attack. Did you get bad service, probably, but what do you have to back up your experience and what other than a phone call have you done to attempt to gain resolution to your situation? Honestly if I was POF I would be refunding your money immediately just to shut you up, and I would also put a flag on your name to never do business with you again.

My wife, wanting to get me a nice present, did this game with them too. Eighteen months and dozens of phone calls later we canceled the order. No trash talking, no personal attacks, just took my money elsewhere.

You're justified in your complaint, but not in your reaction to it. You called the "whambulance" instead of trying to come to a professional resolution to your situation, and that's from one grunt to another.

Fast- thanks for the heads up. Most of the popcorn gobblers are pretty damn new here, Notright has been here, what something less than 90 days?
Get your $ back- you will never be happy with the rifles now.that kind of CS leaves a bad taste in your mouth. There are several other top notch weapons you can get, they may not be any faster, but at least they will be up front about it- and will appreciate the business
Kenny

Notright remembers when Two Shoes was a moderator.
Notright remembers when the Ghost Dancer project got its first LW barrels and had ammo issues at Raton.
Notright remembers a S. Texas gunsmith took a bunch of men's money, put it up his nose and then ran away up north.

Notright remembers YEARS ago, when a guy from Idaho built the first website and Frank had not met Jacob.

Never said he has no point due to a low post count, DID note it seems his ONLY reason to be here was to attack a company that apparently some of those who are into mouse guns already knew had poor customer service.

He didnt come to add to the knowledge base but to bitch whine moan. Looking at the cluck cluck posts telling of other guy's bad dealings with POF it appears that some hear already knew what he was whining about.

I remember when GAP expanded and started doing some real business. A few here complained of off chambers or long delays. A true minority compared to the vast number of very satisfied customers.

Thinking thats what POF is experiencing now. Combine it with impatient self imagined alpha males' egos and away we go!

It would be interesting to hear just how many rifles/uppers go out of POF so we can compare just how frequent the wait listed customers are.

I am in NO way connected to POF nor ever wish to carry a Mattel Toy again. I just thought it was interesting my good buddy and fellow old Bush Beater Fast came here to whine especially since it appears he uses other websites to discuss firearms.

Notright, you definately have a good memory, had to think about a couple of those myself
wink.gif
. Caused by teething problems or not, I'm sure you can also remember how GAP (and many of the other well thought of smiths associated with this site) treats thier customers that were haveing problems of any kind....with respect and professionalism. They simply get it worked out in a timely fasion and from what I've seen, always with good communication. I've never understood where people get the idea that is the customers responsibility to get the problem solved.

A big reason people come to this or any site like it is for info on weapons, manufacturers and thier systems, this includes CS. The OP came on here with info relateing to that, I really dont care if he has ever posted before or does again. Wether we like what he said about POF or not, or how he said it, he still added to the information base here.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Honestly if I was POF I would be refunding your money immediately just to shut you up, and I would also put a flag on your name to never do business with you again.</div></div>

Interested in what you definition of "business" is. Someone taking my money and not delivering is not what I deem as business. I would be more than happy to have my name flagged at a company that acts like POF.

Trust me they won't be getting any money from me either as that bridge was burned and blown, but for someone to go public and blast them by name and make accusations of this sort is something I believe is uncalled for.

The OP's perception is that Chris at POF is "rude" (OK, opinion there but personal) and he is also inferring that they are liars by stating "items that they supposedly produce at their facility".

My perception of the OP is that he is unprofessional and slanderous. If he thinks that this is how you get your product as he says is his intended purpose of his posts, I believe he will be sorely disappointed.

He gave his opinion and I gave mine. Neither were worth the bandwidth expended on them, but that's what the internet is for. I said he had a justified complaint, just his delivery was poor form.

Business is a two way street. For the OP is seems that POF closed off one of the directions of the street by their failing to deliver in the originally stated time frame. If I had a business that someone publicly slandered along with negatively calling out individual employees, I'd close the other way too.

okie-
I disagree about my tight buddy Fast bringing us anything some of we didnt already claim. POF has been sucky to some customers.

I didnt turn this into a sideshow, a bunch of other guys did. I stated my opinion of the modivations for Fast coming here. A line of guys, and lets be fair a very small line, got up to claim the same thing Fast has and do the post counts counts for nada dance.

He got his rant dance, he got the other pissed off guys stirred up. I doubt it changes sales at POF, doubt it changes how Chris or jim-joe-bob talks to customers.

We only have one side to the story, I wouldnt judge too quick.

When we go back to the GAP situation I remember scathing attacks on GAP only to hear the otherside and be somewhat less than impressed by the original rant.

Now when it comes to bitchy gunsmiths- I seem to recall a few other high in demand smiths who are as friendly as a buzzsaw to the crotch and yet they seem to never lack for customers.

You cant swing a dead cat in a gun/firearm forum without sad and tragic tales told in a rather robust manner of long delays and the run around. These stories tend to be about widely popular companies or neophytes just starting out.

Use a bastard smith, dont use a bastard smith.

All I said was my battle buddy Fast doesnt use this website, didnt tell us anything about POF a few in here didnt already claim to know, just seems to want to lash out at POF over as wide an area as he can. Howsomever I do look forward to him continuing to post once the hub bub over POF dies down.

Or not, its no big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly if I was POF I would be refunding your money immediately just to shut you up, and I would also put a flag on your name to never do business with you again.
</div></div>

Now that is a business model.

Thanks for the post op. I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted please.

I came to this site for info good bad or ugly. I'm glad he made this post, problems like this need to be brought up to the company and the public so they can be noted fixed and/or be avoided by the consumers. Sorry for my low post count must be a ruhtard too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
POF should in some way shape or form respond to this, tell THEIR side to the story.
</div></div>

What would their side of the story be? They took his money, told him a date, and then reneged. I don't see how they would be in a defensible position.

However, he could've gone for a charge back a long time ago; he chose to wait. Live and learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suitslinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all about customer service.... </div></div>

I agree with suitslinger. Customer service is what makes or breaks a company.

If you pay for an item by credit card, you have certain rights about delivery time. In this case I'm sure the buyer would be entitled to a complete refund; credit card companies don't tolerate extended deliveries unless it's by mutual agreement.

If you still want a pair of POF uppers to go with the lowers you've built, you will probably have to give up on the special rail configuration and find a pair of 415 uppers online or at a gunshow (I see them for sale at our local shows in Reno).

To all those calling themselves my buddy….
Did not know that posting a personal experience so that others could be informed no matter how many times the topic has been covered is considering bitching? The whole point of forums unless I have missed it completely is to inform people/groups. Its not like 4 weeks passed and I was like what the hell. After 6-7 weeks I first was told they were having barrel issues, now after 15 weeks its gas block issues and they have no idea when they are going to have my stuff manufactured and sent. If they had great CS and would have given me a reasonable explanation I would wait even longer with no issues! They can flag me with no effect to me because I will never be purchasing anything from POF again! The bottom line pertaining to you, is that if you find this to be bitchy, uncalled for and useless, why do you keep coming back to this post? No one is making you, so why would continue to waist your time then? Just like a bad movie that sucks, I stop watching it!

Guy from Idaho who made the first site ? Nobody from Idaho made this site, it's always been me... ?

Forums can be a good way to handle issue, but I will tell you that you get more publicly with honey than vinegar, there is a way to do in order to solve an issue. If you attack or slander the company, they won't respond, if you instantly get emotional and lash out they won't respond. However if you lay out the facts, and say, hey I am looking for a solution most companies will respond.

Addressing the problem with a flamethrower is never smart... trust me I talk to these companies all the time, and they appreciate when an issue arises and they are given the chance to fix it, however if people just start dog piling on them with bullshit, they will simply walk away from here, and in some cases, wait for some bandwagon ranter to cross the line then they will get lawyers involved, think I am kidding, trust me I have had more than one knock on the door because of attacks people have committed on this site.

There is a right way to address an issue, and there is a wrong way to address issue... mostly I see this as the wrong way to solve a problem.

POF goes out of their way to support the shooters of not just this site, but many other sites, not to mention competitions. So, if you want to throw away that support & stellar reputation because of a single issue over the life of a company, heck even if it is not a single issue, but let's call it isolated incidents, well you can try that approach, but I guarantee the out come will not be as good as it could be.

We get it, the internet is anonymous for the most part, you can attack someone at will with little chance of repercussion -- however that won't make it any better for anyone in the future. Companies will only allow so much, and closing the doors to them like many have done here only ruins for everyone down the road. I know I won't go out of my way for a dick, I won't pick up the phone and get you speedy resolution if you are being a obstinate asshole. So think about that moving forward, lots of people have the power to make things right, but they have to want too.

I have a POF and once had a issue. I have been on this site awhile and dont post much, but reading alot meant I knew who to send a PM to and issue resolved. Now that a couple members on here dont work there anymore I seem to recall at least one of them saying he would help when he could. That would have been my "honey" approach to the issue. And yes that always is better than the vinager approach.

+1 for buying in stock items.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been on this site awhile and dont post much, but reading alot meant I knew who to send a PM to and issue resolved.</div></div>

Knowing who to PM on a forum site to get an issue resolved is not what I would call good Customer Support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FastRabbit24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone here knows the guys at POF and can get me in contact with Frank that would be great because I have tried and have had no luck with that.
To all who have been supportive, Thank you!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enmerdeur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been on this site awhile and dont post much, but reading alot meant I knew who to send a PM to and issue resolved.</div></div>

Knowing who to PM on a forum site to get an issue resolved is not what I would call good Customer Support. </div></div>

Did not say it was.I had something fixed with no explanation of possible cause and wanted more detail.

The OP asked for contact help, hence my post of advice.

I think it's sad that people are coming onto this thread & their defense of the terrible customer service is,<span style="font-style: italic"> "Don't piss them off...you might make them mad & they won't want to help you..." </span>

WTF! Who gives a shit if they get their feelings hurt!? If I drop thousands of my hard earned dollars on a product, only to have the agreement time (their time not his..) pushed back & pushed back & pushed back & then to never be able to speak to a CS Rep or if I do get horrible bitchy attitude....I hope they get their feelings hurt on an open forum.

No one here seems to mind dogging out "Botach" or "CounterSniper" scopes.....but God forbid someone complains on a good company. The timetable that he has waited is unacceptable....to get an attitude from them about it is equally unacceptable.

Simply put.....money talks. Maybe if they realize that this thread about their poor business/customer service has been spread amongst the gun community & they are about to lose 10 or 20 potential customers....that equates to lost dollars.....it would behoove them to do it right the first time....saves them money & keeps potential customers.

The customer should never have to worry about "making them mad..." That is just an sick attitude....

Some people don't get it...

it is not about "pissing them off" it is about burning bridges, so when things like an individual's buy falls through the cracks you can get it resolved. However when you essentially, and stupidly burn a bridge nothing gets resolved.

You can chose to be a dick, and you can get treated that way. Companies are still people and people do make mistakes, but you treat them like assholes, you get what you deserve.

I wou<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people don't get it...

it is not about "pissing them off" it is about burning bridges, so when things like an individual's buy falls through the cracks you can get it resolved. However when you essentially, and stupidly burn a bridge nothing gets resolved.

You can chose to be a dick, and you can get treated that way. Companies are still people and people do make mistakes, but you treat them like assholes, you get what you deserve.

</div></div>

I dont see how the OP deserved any of the treatment he has gotten. If any one has acted like an asshole in this case, it has been the shitty CS department at POF. Maybe I could open up a company and have people send me thousands of dollars and I could promise them that in 4 weeks they will not receive a damn thing but a big FUCK YOU!! At least I would be upfront with them.

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this...
One thing I have learned in firearm business is that if you want good stuff you are going to have to wait.....a long time. Barrels can take 6months to a year, scopes can take longer, etc.. The communication between the factory floor and the office of these companies can be pretty poor but both are typically understaffed and working to the limits. Cut these guys some slack, if you called them at 4 weeks and they didn't have it just cancel the order and buy from somewhere else if you want to. Things change on a daily basis from machines going down to getting a bad shipment of supplies, to finding out the CNC machine has been cutting everything off incorrectly..etc. This is a specialized industry this isn't McDonalds where you order some shit and one second later it is crapped out.

Sorry to hear about your service.

I just recently got a POF and it's worth the wait. I even had the chance to meet Frank at the POF facility. It's small, they are in the weeds and jamming. Does not justify your situation, and you deserve better since you paid in full up front.

Good luck, but if you can be patient I think you'll be happy. Hopefully Frank can rally the CS team to get you sorted.

My deal is going though a dealer I don't know. Same time lines as the OP - we ordered the same product as well.

I just wasn't sure if I was being tied up by my dealer or tied up through POF. I was using a dealer I got through the POF website that I knew nothing about. This is what added to my confusion, I prefer to use people I know or have been recommended to me.

I don't mind waiting, though I'd appreciate an attempt at an update. I've read enough to know that probably won't happen. Seems that delays tend to pile up once they start so estimating a revised time only adds fuel to the fire when the inevitable added delays happen.

I totally understand what Lowlight is saying, Try to kindly probe for information first see if that gets you somewhere. People in the know are more likely to put an effort in when it's a positive conversation.
It's that same reason I'd watch my responses to the site owner... even if I disagree, that extra effort to disagree respectfully is a better long term strategy - IMHO.

I tried a low key post myself. Unfortunately, I didn't get much company info. I was glad this thread started up because I did get some important info, I'll give my current order a little more time. POF is a Hide favorite and they back shooters and related efforts quite a bit, so negativity tends to draw less than helpful attitudes - right or wrong.

(I did have a very helpful Hide Vendor contact me via PM off my POF post, even if I don't end up using his services for this particular order I will make sure to contact this person for future orders - I do appreciate good customer service when I see it - I'd give his name, but since he contacted me privately I don't want to put him in a spot he doesn't want credit for)

Turns out I'd be waiting another 3 months for a new order and that's if the estimate is even accurate. Since I was more concerned with my FFL ripping me off than waiting for an upper, I'll wait a little longer. That's my situation and I'm cool with that.

The OP has a lot more $ tied up in his situation, I understand him wanting to have more info. The least he should be able to get is the story on what the delay is. Even if he can't get a good estimate on delivery. That would go a long way - IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people don't get it...

</div></div>

Translating what I THINK i am hearing...

Its not about protecting POF from thier mistakes. There is a way to come out here and ask for help in resolving these kinds of issues.

But if influential members of communities like this jump on an individual problem and bash POF and potentially burn that bridge with them, its going to cause resentment.

That resentment can lessen the effectiveness that people like Lowlight have to step in on behalf of a member to help get these kinds of problems resolved on a more personal level.

Thus: be careful about these kids of issues. Recognize that there is a value in what the POFs of the world contribute back to us and maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. Rather than "ripping them" maybe just lay out the facts (minus invective) and see if there are people out there who can help you get it resolved.

Its the difference in approach, et al, which is what you have to consider with problems like this and engaging a wider audience to seek help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe I wasted my time reading this...
One thing I have learned in firearm business is that if you want good stuff you are going to have to wait.....a long time. Barrels can take 6months to a year, scopes can take longer, etc.. The communication between the factory floor and the office of these companies can be pretty poor but both are typically understaffed and working to the limits. Cut these guys some slack, if you called them at 4 weeks and they didn't have it just cancel the order and buy from somewhere else if you want to. Things change on a daily basis from machines going down to getting a bad shipment of supplies, to finding out the CNC machine has been cutting everything off incorrectly..etc. This is a specialized industry this isn't McDonalds where you order some shit and one second later it is crapped out.</div></div>

The Firearms industry also has the problem of so many businesses start as a machinist or an engineer or something does a few things as a hobby.

And then that rolls a ball that ends up being a full time gig.

And then a shop.

And then a shop full of employees.

Except the business planning really wasnt done anywhere along the way so they find themselves snowed under with 5 machine guys and they are still the inventer, lead machinist, QC lead, sales man, web maintainer, accountant, and 10 other roles.

It takes time and frankly pain for both the customers and for the business to make that transition.

Further, some businesses try to keep overhead low by cutting on the communication side of things. Its sad and its something I have commented on several times but its also a problem that I have come to believe is really not the shop's fault.

There really is not much in the way of kindergarten-easy-for-dummies-and-doesnt-require-hardly-any-time software out there to help get those updates from the workflow and into the hands of the customer.

So every shop has to figure it out for themselves and its not just go out and buy a $100 box of whatever and call it good. I am now working on just such as solution for two different firearms industry businesses and that has given me a very different perspective and appreciation for the challenges that POF, Surgeon, or Joe Blow's Gunsmithing Shop on the corner face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did not say it was.I had something fixed with no explanation of possible cause and wanted more detail.

</div></div>

So did you give him any contact info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did not say it was.I had something fixed with no explanation of possible cause and wanted more detail.

</div></div>

So did you give him any contact info? </div></div>

If you or anyone else reads this entire thread or any long POF thread you will know who to ask. It is not my place to name someone who may or may not be able to or want to get involved. My point was and is if you are looking for a back door do your research as i did.You will also see in my first post in this thread i pointed out that they dont work there anymore but might be a person to try. I myself would not be happy with the situation but i would have and practice a different method with any company or person that there is an issue with, and i have always had issues resolved with the approach i take. Others have tried to point this out.

Howdy yall. This is my very first post. Ive been looking into getting a POF 308 with the 20" bbl. Also been looking around researching etc. After reading all the above I was wondering if there are any dealers out there that may have the complete rifle in stock and that you've had good experiences with, or would it be better to go straight thru POF???

While I agree that getting emotional and trashing a company without due cause is a bad idea. I don't support "playing nice" with them at all costs. Too many times people are bullied into keeping quiet about issues and problems on these forums because the fanboys gang up on them and sweep things under the rug.

Of course that's what companies want, if you play nice with them, and never tell others about your bad experience, the companies get EXACTLY what they want. They can continue to have shitty customer service with no consequences an no one finds out. People never find out about the problems, companies keep getting business they probably don't deserve, their reputation never suffers and the only people that get screwed are the customers.

Maybe if companies don't want to be treated like dicks, they shouldn't TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT WAY in the first place. No one would be burning bridges if the company didn't screw up in the first place. They are the ones that should be going out of their way for the customers, not customers accepting being screwed over for fear of upsetting a company. If they had treated the customer properly in the first place this thread would never exist. Yes mistakes happen, but it's pretty clear from the OP's thread that they have repeatedly dropped the ball and avoided the customer for resolution.

A customer shouldn't have to "know someone" or PM the "special" people to get a resolution to an issue, period. Frankly, it's about time more companies had to answer for their screw ups and poor customer service, instead of customers just accepting getting screwed.

I have 2 POFs - one 308 and one 223. I had minor issues with both and had to deal with POF customer service both times. Personally I had excellent results. Both times they paid for shpping both ways, fixed the problems quickly (had the rifles back in less than 10 days), and had very friendly interactions. I used email primarily to contact. Both these rifles are extremely accuracte and reliable. The 308 I bought used and they gave me NO grief whatsoever about this. I had to deal with American Spirit Arms once, and they threw the "we have no idea what the original owner did to the rifle" and did nothing for me (this rifle had an accuracy issue).
I am sorry to hear about your wait times but hope you get it resolved. POF is number one in my book. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyajah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy yall. This is my very first post. Ive been looking into getting a POF 308 with the 20" bbl. Also been looking around researching etc. After reading all the above I was wondering if there are any dealers out there that may have the complete rifle in stock and that you've had good experiences with, or would it be better to go straight thru POF???</div></div> Go straight to Frankie Ice from the Group Buy section. He has them on hand ready to go.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2287486

Redmanss, Thank you!

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just want to answer a post.

I do have 2- 20" 308's in NP3 in the safe! My price also includes a $40.95 VTAC sling and shipping.

S/F
Frankie

Redmanss, mahalo nui for the direction. Frankie, mahalo for picking this thread up and making finding you easier. Been lookin around and have heard good things about you. I'm basically ready to rock n roll if you are. I have an FFL here to go thru. Would like to know what the total price is and see a few pics if possible. I live here on Kauai so let's talk story on how to make this work etc..
Aloha
Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe I wasted my time reading this...
One thing I have learned in firearm business is that if you want good stuff you are going to have to wait.....a long time. Barrels can take 6months to a year, scopes can take longer, etc.. The communication between the factory floor and the office of these companies can be pretty poor but both are typically understaffed and working to the limits. Cut these guys some slack, if you called them at 4 weeks and they didn't have it just cancel the order and buy from somewhere else if you want to. Things change on a daily basis from machines going down to getting a bad shipment of supplies, to finding out the CNC machine has been cutting everything off incorrectly..etc. This is a specialized industry this isn't McDonalds where you order some shit and one second later it is crapped out. </div></div>

I have to throw the bullshit flag.

It's simple really, as a company don't take my money up front, and make deadline promises if your contingency plan is to only offer excuses or worse ignore me and pretend your production problem doesn't exist. I don't mind waiting if the timeline is agreed upon up front. But once the agreed deadline has passed, there had better be some very effective CS to keep a customer apprised of the situation. It's pretty funny that many of these proprietors would never consider giving you the product with only the promise that you would pay it off in 4, 6, 8 weeks only to wait patiently for another 15 before coming after you for the $$$.

I agree that the situations you posted have become the accepted excuses in the firearms industry. And only through customers accepting it has it become the status quo. Sadly it seems that there is a certain number of folks who relish a torturous beating at the hands of their gunsmith as if it were a badge of honor that their gun was 2 years late.

However there seems to also be any number of builders/manufacturers who meet deadlines, produce fantastic products, and make customers happy even if unforeseen delays occur. I choose them for my $$$, although YMMV.

Aloha kakahiaka Voyajah,

PM me your email and I will send pics and we can work out the details.

Mahalo nui loa
S/F
Frankie

FastRabbit,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with POF. I don't know if I can be of any help, but I can try.

What Barrel length did order?

You can PM me if you like.

S/F
Frankie

What some of you that are defending POF are not understanding is this is not an isolated incident. The SAME EXACT THING happen to me with my order along with 4 other people I know from another forum and who knows who else that are not even members of any of these forums.

We (myself and those 4) tried to make things right and resolve the issue BUT at the time Chris was of no help and no one was ever allowed or could talk to Frank, at least until his personal phone was posted and many people began blowing him up.

I want to say again that my situation turned out less than stellar and Chris & Frank were more than helpful by the end.

I'm telling all you nay sayers, the OP's incident is NO FLUKE. I still believe to this day that they desperately need to change their business practices.

It's all about customer service no matter who the customer is (Joe Blow or SNIPERSHIDE GU-RU OPERATOR WHO IS AT SHOWSHOW EVERY YEAR)

For you people that got your feelings hurt becuase you're friends with any of them, just look at the RainierArms thread posted in this section.

In any forum, including SH, there are people who will kick you when you are down. If someone took my money and did not deliver, I would not have been as patient as you.

To wait 15 weeks is insane. There is not excuse period for the company to conduct business like this. They need to be honest with you, give you reasons for the delay, a real shipment date, or immediately offer a refund.

You paid them, they should deliver. That once was, the American way. Maybe there are folks that have forgotten that.

Hope it gets resolved.

I had to wait for my POF rifles. I waited over a year for a POF 308 and a P415. The POF 308 had to be sent back twice to get the stove pipe problem fixed. Now they both run like champs. However, I was quoted 6 months on the P415 and 9 months on the POF 308 by my dealer. I was living in CA at the time and POF wouldn't ship complete rifle to CA.

I was surprised by a call I got from my dealer that POF was requiring a 25% increase in the deposit. I had already given a 25% deposit months earlier. Now they wanted 50% down and that was their policy. I even went to the POF website to see that they had stated and my dealer wasn't making it up. I was told they reason was so they could expand. If you need money to expand your business you plan it out and save or borrow money, JMO.

Any way the POF rifles are not custom rifles and nobody should have to wait. At least not now, since there isn't a rush of people running out to by guns they way the did when a certain person was elected president.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to wait for my POF rifles. I waited over a year for a POF 308 and a P415. The POF 308 had to be sent back twice to get the stove pipe problem fixed. Now they both run like champs. However, I was quoted 6 months on the P415 and 9 months on the POF 308 by my dealer. I was living in CA at the time and POF wouldn't ship complete rifle to CA.

I was surprised by a call I got from my dealer that POF was requiring a 25% increase in the deposit. I had already given a 25% deposit months earlier. Now they wanted 50% down and that was their policy. I even went to the POF website to see that they had stated and my dealer wasn't making it up. I was told they reason was so they could expand. If you need money to expand your business you plan it out and save or borrow money, JMO.

Any way the POF rifles are not custom rifles and nobody should have to wait. At least not now, since there isn't a rush of people running out to by guns they way the did when a certain person was elected president.

Jamie</div></div>

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that too. That was the same time mine was on order. I was furious when I saw that too.

I didn't have to though, I was told that was not for pre-existing orders but they did say the reason for this was to order parts and expand because of the rush.

I also had to wait a long time for my 415, but it was ordered during the height of the "rush". Recently I had an issue with my op-rod, totally my fault. I contacted POF and Jeremy had an op-rod out to me the next day.

Dave