• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pof or lwrc repr Which is the better buy

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
I have some credit built up at the gun shop I help at. I have been wanting 308 cqb type rifle I can get an lwrc repr 1 of 300 in the bronze finish with spiral fluted barrel or a pof Np3 coated model. The repr is more money than the pof. I am ok with it if it's worth it

Just looking for a reliable 308 to maybe run some courses and would like the most accurate of the 2.

They're both really nice rigs. I like to shoot subs occasionally with my 308, and feel the side charging handle is a huge benefit when doing so as I can easily charge the weapon without losing my cheek weld. The LWRC has a much slimmer profile than POF which I also prefer. Funny thing is I actually went POF.......but that was a result of actually finding the 12" REPR I was looking for being near impossible at the time.

I ended up machining my 12.5" POF and tapped/drilled the carrier to accommodate a side-charging mechanism as that was really the main benefit the REPR offered to me personally. The REPRs had some reliability issues very early on, but those stemmed entirely from the C Products mags LWRC shipped them with. Using PMags you shouldn't have any issues at all with either rifle.

I have the 14.5" POF P308 NP3 with Pinned Brake and I love it. With a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 and UBR stock it weighs 11.6#. Shoots submoa all day long and best 5 shot group is under .50" with 168gr AMAX. The LWRC look great but I know a friend that had one and it was nothing but trouble.

I've never had an issue with my POF, runs great and is 100% reliable.

I have a POF in 20" fluted and a REPR in 16" spiral fluted barrel.
The POF with the Rock creek barrel is better when it comes to accuracy hands down but man I love the REPR with the side charger. I feel like the POF absorbs the recoil better than the REPR but the REPR just feels smoother when it cycles.
You really can't go wrong with either one they are both tac drivers.

I don't have a POF but I do have an LWRC REPR with a 16" Spiral fluted barrel. It has never had a misfire and shoots Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain Sierra Match Kings at .71 MOA. I am very satisfied with my purchase. The rifle is light weight and handy. The recoil is very manageable. I also own three other 308s.

I don't have a POF but I do have an LWRC REPR with a 16" Spiral fluted barrel. It has never had a misfire and shoots Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain Sierra Match Kings at .71 MOA. I am very satisfied with my purchase. The rifle is light weight and handy. The recoil is very manageable. I also own three other 308s.

Even though my POF 20" will out shoot my REPR 16" I have chosen the REPR for the shorter barrel, side charger, slim rail. and the smoother cycling. Now for the overall price of the POF you are getting one hell of a tac driver, is another 1k worth it for the REPR. Mmmm not really....

My POF 20" is up for sale here if anybody is looking.

I had a POF. IMO it will outshoot the LWRC. If you ever plan to resale go LWRC. I had to practically give my POF away. Don't really understand as the POF is a great gun made with high end components and a very simple piston system. I think the 3 year warranty scares some buyers off too.

I had a POF. IMO it will outshoot the LWRC. If you ever plan to resale go LWRC. I had to practically give my POF away. Don't really understand as the POF is a great gun made with high end components and a very simple piston system. I think the 3 year warranty scares some buyers off too.

lol I know I paid $3500 for my POF in last years gun crisis and hoping to recover 2k with a bunch of acc.

Go with the LWRC. I love my ASA side chargers (I have a few of them, 308s, 9mm, 223...and 2 other builds in process). On the second hand market POF 308s are going $1500 to $2100 range with little use on them. POF main advantage is the Mike Rock Barrel.

The LWRC has a better resale value but the POF has better accuracy and, IMO, is the best piston platform on the market.

I have a REPR and like it. I didnt buy it expecting to have the best accuracy I bought it for other reasons. I also got a really good deal on it thats why I went with the 308 AR platform. I dont think you could go wrong with either gun really. Maybe get the chance to shoot both side by side and make your decision from there?

wel i have a pof308 20'' fluted with all the goodies that came with it off the shelf, blk/odg, and i paid a very good price. however i don't have a lwrc so im not sure how well it works. i do love the pof.....BUT mine anyhow will not cycle fiocchi ammo at all. i tryed everything and it stove pipes every time. but all other shelf ammo cycles fine. thats just my 2 cents ive delt with.

wel i have a pof308 20'' fluted with all the goodies that came with it off the shelf, blk/odg, and i paid a very good price. however i don't have a lwrc so im not sure how well it works. i do love the pof.....BUT mine anyhow will not cycle fiocchi ammo at all. i tryed everything and it stove pipes every time. but all other shelf ammo cycles fine. thats just my 2 cents ive delt with.

Have you tried a different piston setting ?

I have a POF p-308 w/ 16.5" barrel and its a tack driver ( sub MOA to 300yds) that never has FTF/FTE problems, has the NP3 coating so cleans up nice and quick. Resale market is improving but it is still low. for the price, accuracy and reliability you can't go wrong.

Have you tried a different piston setting ?

yep all the above, i just make sure i don't use their ammo in my semi autos. bolt rifle only. like i was saying all other shelf ammo no hickups at all. i love the rifle and very on point!!

I went with the LWRC REPR, and my 18" has been a dream. I didn't buy it to be a tack driver, but I perform better in matches with it to my bolt gun for now. I run it suppressed 90% of the time, and have over 1500-1600 rounds down range with it with zero issues. Mine was one of the first off the assembly line and have had no issues with mags. I run KAC, Pmags, and the C Products, and the neither the gun or I can tell the difference while shooting. Accuracy has been good, have shot many 1 MOA or less groups, but I feel most people could not cough up targets proving "1/2 MOA ALL DAY LONG". Just sayin. In the end, buy what feels better for you and be done with it. J