• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF or LWRC

stemikel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2020
New guy here. Stopped by LGS this afternoon. They had a POF 415 and a LWRC m61c (A5, I think). Both looked great and felt great. LWRC was $500 more than the POF. I have read good things about LWRC, but I don't really know much about POF. Search really doesn't reveal too much.

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a middle tier AR. Shooting would be up to 200m. Mostly at a range or a buddy's farm. I am also interested in setting up something for night vision, but that would be something to get into after I have learned a lot more.

I guess I would like to hear opinions comparing or contrasting these two rifles. I appreciate any experience anyone has had with them.

Thanks in advance.

My POF 415 shoots great. That said it sits in the safe. I either use a BCM 11.5" suppressed or Geissele URG-I 14.5" suppressed. The BCM sits next to my bed.

The POF 415 is just heavier and has a 16" barrel. I have a NXS 2.5 x10 42 that sits on it and it can hit out 500 yards all day with Fed 55 grain. But it's mostly a range toy. People at the range always comment on how accurate it is.

Reactions: deersniper
Pay up for the LWRC and never look back........
20190223_143921 (2).jpg

Either are great. I have mostly Seekins ARs but I built one with a local shop's USA made forged upper/lower w/ BA 12.5" barrel and consistently shoot 10" plate @ 575 yr w/ 77gr. I have a Primary Arms platinum 1-8 mw/ Griffin ACSS reticle on it. Love that scope.

LWRC- Pros - seems to get a lot of love here on this forum. I really like the barrel. The BCG is great. I love the feel of the charging handle and the BUIS are probably the best that I have ever seen. Rubberized grip felt great. Cons- The mil-spec trigger was pretty heavy (probably somewhere around 7 pounds). I am not crazy about purchasing rails to mount on the side of the rig.

POF- Pros- rails for days. 4.5 pound trigger. Oversized magwell. $500 to put toward ammo or accessories. Nice muzzle brake. Cons - no BUIS, charging handle was anemic, collapsible stock was not as nice.

Leaning more toward the LWRC.

How do you like that Trijicon?

Crazy like it since I can't use red dots,ACOGS ,Elcans or eotechs for my old eyes. Put it on 1 power with the segmented circle and its like an eotech sight. Super clear and built like a tank and I didn't have to by a scope base for it since its built in. Got the green reticle which is super bright.

My POFs are super accurate. I like how clean it runs. Never a misfire or problem of any kind. I bought one rifle, plus a complete upper.

Reactions: steelsnob47
Its an older XLR butt stock that I made a monopod for.

I live behind enemy lines so the FFL confiscated the LWRC Adjustable Butt Stock that came with the rifle when I had it shipped to his store. The LWRC Dealer forgot to pin the stock when he shipped it, luckily he remembered to pin the muzzle brake or my ass would of been brought to the gallows.

Stemickel - congrats on the LWRC. I've owned a POF for 7-8 years and put thousands of rounds through it. It's always run like a champ and is very accurate. However, the POF's are front heavy and having seen and shot an LWRC I do think it's a slight step up from the POF.