• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

POF PDW

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    Does anyone have a POF PDW? I was thinking about getting one but wanted to ask some opinions first. Any opinions on the difference of a 7" versus a 9.25?" Are you able to suppress any of the barrel lengths or is 7 inch too short?

Another question - can I use a POF SBR upper on a LMT lower? I have a SBR lower but I could always get another one I guess.

Re: POF PDW

I have the 9.25 upper on a M-16 lower, works VERY well including suppressed

I had an 11.5 inch on an M16. It was a very nice upper.

I never got the can on it, but without it the thing ran great.

POF 416's will fit and run on any MilSpec lower.

I love the PDW's and a 7.5 with a short can is a very effective (and fun as hell) weapon.

Phoenix PD's SAU runs the 11.5" SBR's and when I was at POF and got to talk to them, they really were diggin' 'em.

well it looks like something I need to check into and check prices on them too. They look very functional for what I want to do with it. I guess I can get away with just getting an upper for my LMT SBR lower and run it.

If you call POF talk to Chris or Rob and tell 'em I sent ya-may not help but it can't hurt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you call POF talk to Chris or Rob and tell 'em I sent ya-may not help but it can't hurt.</div></div> thanks, I will take you up on that; you never know...

Just a note of caution. Not all can manufacturers like you to run their can on an upper shorter than 10.5. Generally they have concerns over baffle strikes and overpressurization. It's worth asking when you're spec'ing the can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a note of caution. Not all can manufacturers like you to run their can on an upper shorter than 10.5. Generally they have concerns over baffle strikes and overpressurization. It's worth asking when you're spec'ing the can. </div></div> The only can I know of that will do it is a Thunderbeast that is specifically made to work with under 10" barrels. I have a AAC/M4 2000 and I am kind of leery going below the 10.5" mimimum level but I have heard plenty of people doing it.