• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution: any owners?

Not gonna knock how beautiful your rifle looks, because it looks flawless. I really want a rogue, I think it’s an awesome concept and would love to get one, espeacially at the price compared to other comparable offerings with uber exotic materials for a lot more $$$. Just extremely skeptical on reliability and QC. If I knew it would run right and stay running, I would be on that bandwagon in a heartbeat! I can’t afford the higher priced options at the current time and unfortunately might not get the chance to own something like that being how the political scene is headed unfortunately.

Let's see if the poor finish shows up in pics

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_165754.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165754.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_20200810_165634.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165634.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 1,730
  • IMG_20200810_165518.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165518.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20200810_165442.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165442.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_20200810_165305.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165305.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20200810_165335.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165335.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20200810_164948.jpg
    IMG_20200810_164948.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_20200810_165152.jpg
    IMG_20200810_165152.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 397
Yeah, I can see why you are disappointed, as you should be. Can’t see a ton of detail in the images, but can see poor machining and chatter, rough edges in some of them. The difference in machining quality between the images of the rifles are clearly evident. I could see getting something of that nature on a budget gun, even then I haven’t gotten anything like yours to date. Really can’t see why they wouldn’t have addressed that after it being sent back other than just not caring about what they push out the door.

I have to say, it looks like they did take some cost-cutting measures with the Rogue based on your photos. The final attention to details is just not there. Or your gun was produced on a Monday after a loooong weekend. I'm pretty sure the upper and lower are forged and not billet like the Revolution though so a bit of a different manufacturing process. IMO, I'd clean all that stuff up before shipping out if I were POF. Hopefully it gets sorted for you.

Let's see if the poor finish shows up in pics
I have to be honest, I really had my doubts about the validity of your statements regarding the poor machine work and fit/finish that POF is turning out lately. The pics you uploaded are actually not very clear at all, and I am STILL appalled at the glaring flaws in the machine work, the finish, and most importantly the QC who was either blind or asleep during multiple steps of the process. Absolutely unacceptable .

I think the wise move for anyone looking at the Rogue is to buy in-person if at all possible or make sure the vendor has a very, very good return program. At least if you're able to see/handle the rifle ahead of time, you can look for those issues. I think you're probably good to go remotely on the higher end POF's with the billet upper/lowers.

I think it smarter to not give your money to a company that is ok with selling hit or miss quality products. They should have not even sent that rifle back to SDet looking like it does. They didn’t even get it functional and it looks like a blind 3 year old was working the CNC machine. It would be one thing if they said hey, our mistake, we should have never let this leave looking like that, Let us take care of this and make it right, instead of if it doesn’t work don’t bother sending it back, we won’t fix it most likely. Even if one of there Rogues looks nice doesn’t guarantee it will work properly as apparently he isn’t the first to have issues. If somebody wants to play the odds with their money, best of luck to ya. 🎲🎲 go ahead and roll those dice.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Am I picky about machine work? Yes. And if this ran well, I'd probably see the chatter on the carrier key and nothing else. But, I had time to dig into it. I'm really unsure about the "needs to break in" mind set, never had that with any other rifle. I'm also curious why the chamber is filthy enough to cause problems on a brand new rifle, I've never had that problem either. Just a strange experience overall.

Newbie here...

So Im not new to the AR realm... own several. I wanted the newly released Springfield 308 saint but they market value @ $2K due to current situation soured my taste. So I took a leap of faith on the POF Rogue .308 pistol, not because of just the lower price but since I never owned a POF but desired.

Upon receipt of the platform I was impressed...well briefly...

One afternoon at my home I was performing pre-range inspection and simple POF recommended lubrication...as I ventured outside for several function checks I decided to check clambering of my various rounds (barrel pointed in designatec clearing area) .

In short, I was unsuccessful at simply chambering 3 different 7.62x51 offerings: MEN, Lake city, US Mil surplus. My method was simply using chartering handle and bolt release method.

All 3 attempts rendered a failure to lock into battery.

Upon inspection of each... Light primer strikes were evident in each. So instead of grabbing a standard 308 I decided to call POF and I was informed by Zach to "use wolf steel case 200rd to perform 150rd break in".... he also mentioned "tight tolerances are they why..."

Now to me my brain was thumping try to keep my patience but I stepped back and told myself "ok I will try this" although to me there is enough evidence in my experience to shake my head in a WTF fashion... So the prescribed ammo is inbound against my better judgment because I really want this to be successful and not another experience of sending back firearms to a factory for questionable D Q & A.

Not bashing but really looking for a gut check from fellow POF owners

My initial plan was to purchase the Rogue but it wasn't available so I purchased the Revolution DI instead. It ran flawlessly out of the box and I used PMC Bronze initially but have tried numerous other offerings and none have ever failed to chamber or fire. Yesterday I used Hornady 150gr SST and was sub-MOA at 100 yards on a bad day (for me as a shooter). I've not seen or heard of a Rogue simply not going into battery though. You may want to check with the Facebook POF group as there are a larger number of Rogue owners on there.

Some of the Rogue's major components are different from the Revolution DI and I've seen some sloppy milling on the Rogues that were posted up right here. POF does specify Wolf and it'll apparently eat that stuff up but I've not tried it nor any 7.62/military surplus. I took mine out of the box, went to the range, fired about a mag's worth of PMC and then went through the process of dialing in the gas as it has an adjustable gas block. Since then, it's never failed to fire, eject or go into battery unless I did something wrong.

Light primer strikes on the bolt closing is 100% normal on any AR.

My initial plan was to purchase the Rogue but it wasn't available so I purchased the Revolution DI instead. It ran flawlessly out of the box and I used PMC Bronze initially but have tried numerous other offerings and none have ever failed to chamber or fire. Yesterday I used Hornady 150gr SST and was sub-MOA at 100 yards on a bad day (for me as a shooter). I've not seen or heard of a Rogue simply not going into battery though. You may want to check with the Facebook POF group as there are a larger number of Rogue owners on there.

Some of the Rogue's major components are different from the Revolution DI and I've seen some sloppy milling on the Rogues that were posted up right here. POF does specify Wolf and it'll apparently eat that stuff up but I've not tried it nor any 7.62/military surplus. I took mine out of the box, went to the range, fired about a mag's worth of PMC and then went through the process of dialing in the gas as it has an adjustable gas block. Since then, it's never failed to fire, eject or go into battery unless I did something wrong.

Light primer strikes on the bolt closing is 100% normal on any AR.

On the light primer strikes... Non of my ARs provide this... PMA, Armalite, HK MR762, HK MR556. I suppose in comparison to your experience I'm an anomalie... honestly never witnessed any in my stable. But hey... never say never right? Maybe I should re verify...

I'm really baffled at the failure to chamber ... so I suppose I have a due out to this forum on a full range report post Wolf break in..

Thanks for the response

Newbie here...

So Im not new to the AR realm... own several. I wanted the newly released Springfield 308 saint but they market value @ $2K due to current situation soured my taste. So I took a leap of faith on the POF Rogue .308 pistol, not because of just the lower price but since I never owned a POF but desired.

Upon receipt of the platform I was impressed...well briefly...

One afternoon at my home I was performing pre-range inspection and simple POF recommended lubrication...as I ventured outside for several function checks I decided to check clambering of my various rounds (barrel pointed in designatec clearing area) .

In short, I was unsuccessful at simply chambering 3 different 7.62x51 offerings: MEN, Lake city, US Mil surplus. My method was simply using chartering handle and bolt release method.

All 3 attempts rendered a failure to lock into battery.

Upon inspection of each... Light primer strikes were evident in each. So instead of grabbing a standard 308 I decided to call POF and I was informed by Zach to "use wolf steel case 200rd to perform 150rd break in".... he also mentioned "tight tolerances are they why..."

Now to me my brain was thumping try to keep my patience but I stepped back and told myself "ok I will try this" although to me there is enough evidence in my experience to shake my head in a WTF fashion... So the prescribed ammo is inbound against my better judgment because I really want this to be successful and not another experience of sending back firearms to a factory for questionable D Q & A.

Not bashing but really looking for a gut check from fellow POF owners

That's a headspace or throat issue. "break in" and "tight tolerance" from pof is bs. If you can track down a headspace Guage, do it. Because it is likely unsafe to fire.

What they keep calling "tight tolerance" is tight clearance and poor tolerance specing. Tight tolerance would lead to every single one working perfectly with swapped parts, and freash out of the box. Not claiming a need for break in and customers to polish the chamber.

Or improper dovetails bring ignored on both warrenty trips...

Attachments

• received_667785447501675.jpeg
    received_667785447501675.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 213
That's a headspace or throat issue. "break in" and "tight tolerance" from pof is bs. If you can track down a headspace Guage, do it. Because it is likely unsafe to fire.

What they keep calling "tight tolerance" is tight clearance and poor tolerance specing. Tight tolerance would lead to every single one working perfectly with swapped parts, and freash out of the box. Not claiming a need for break in and customers to polish the chamber.

Or improper dovetails bring ignored on both warrenty trips...

Your response makes a ton of sense ... I definitely planned a Go or No go gauge check prior to range visit. Disappointing but its seeming a commonality with my luck with other fun experiences with S&W, Sig and keltec.... no POF.

THANKS for the response

If I'm wrong my apologies, but from my admittedly limited experience, the firing pin is free floating in any AR and if you put a round or a dummy round in there and release the bolt, the firing pin will hit the primer and you'll get a light dimple. Literally every round I've ejected before being fired has had a dimple. I've been having to test for possible slam fire issues in my AR15 with dummy rounds and I get a dimple but no slam fires.

Completely agree on checking headspace and I would do this now on any new rifle I purchased. I ran into this issue when I built my AR15. Both the barrel and the bolt were technically in spec but I had tolerance stacking and they didn't work with one and other. A bolt with tolerances on the smaller side and everything functioned as it should. Lesson learned.

Irregardless, your rifle should work out of the box from the factory. I would hope they check each one but I have a feeling, given the numbers produced, any large scale manufacturer probably relies on the numbers for each parts batch, assembling based on those numbers but not physically checking with a gauge after assembly.

My Revolution DI has trouble at times chambering the Lake City FMJ 147 grain ammo. But the only times I use it are for tweaking the gas block or walking the scope back to close zero after removal prior to shooting the good stuff.

Hornady 178 grain ELDs or Federal 150 grain Noslers ballistic tips are my goto nightime hog hunting ammo and I burn a lot of both, particularly the ELDs. Never had trouble cycling either of these.

I put another 260 assorted rounds through my piston Revolution this past Friday- most of it mil-surp, some PMC and some mystery bag reloads...zero problems with function. Getting around 1-2 MOA still.
VmFwQX.jpg

Then whilst I was off putting up my targets, the rifle rolled over on it's tripod and the left side of the CH sprang off and dissapeared somwhere into the grass and gravel. On reflection I wish I hadn't sprayed it camo....

VmFg9s.jpg

VmFiq6.jpg

It's ambi, so it still works, but I'm a bit less Operator AF....

Last edited:
Reactions: Fate0n3
I put another 260 assorted rounds through my piston Revolution this past Friday- most of it mil-surp, some PMC and some mystery bag reloads...zero problems with function. Getting around 1-2 MOA still.
VmFwQX.jpg

Then whilst I was off putting up my targets, the rifle rolled over on it's tripod and the left side of the CH sprang off and dissapeared somwhere into the grass and gravel. On reflection I wish I hadn't sprayed it camo....

VmFg9s.jpg

VmFiq6.jpg

Oh man... that blows... (no pun). I had that happen to my Winchester garand double digit year's ago... my heart sank but you move on and call it battle scars... then amongst your friends you will retain your OAF title... alone with being "Tacticoool"...

What suppressor do you run? Debating between the OSS and a host of other non-flow-through designs. Even contemplating switching gas blocks to the Superlative Arms so I can run in bleed off mode.

What suppressor do you run? Debating between the OSS and a host of other non-flow-through designs. Even contemplating switching gas blocks to the Superlative Arms so I can run in bleed off mode.

32oz of 10 year old SRT Shadow XL. Heavy but very effective.

VOrhGy.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO, mid gas on a 16" 308 is a bad idea, especially with a fixed gas block.
It took a lot to get my DPMS G2 Recon running right and I expect my Rogue will require at least a much.
It sure handles like a dream though...

POF Rouge Pistol with dictator adjustable gas block and Pulsar Thermion XP50 ,Q Trash Panda, ADM Recon mount all in 9.2 lbs. put Lpvo and take .9 lb off that weight.
1609287834509.jpeg

I like the light weight and sound. Not the quietest but I know that. I have a specwar 7.62 for that and a Hybrid for larger calibers. The cherry bombs are a lot lighter than the silcerco mounts . After 2 shoulder surgeries, lighter makes a big difference while hunting hogs
1609290219817.jpeg

Anyone have any recent experience with POF customer service? I have my Revolution .308 piston back into them for the 4th time. Started with issues since I got it in 2018. Had problem after problem. They send it back and still has problems. Failure to feed problems, failure to extract problems. The ejection pattern is all over the place. They have currently had my rifle since the 2nd week in January. Jeremy Selting is the customer service rep and have had several conversations with him. The accuracy out of the gun has been terrible. You should also know the groups you get back from POF are actually at 50yards not 100. I have document videos and pictures of the rifle failing to perform and I been running federal gold medal match, hornady match, american eagle match and then even tried some less expensive hunting rounds. the first thing i got back before the situation got elevated to Jeremy was the "engineering" team said my scope mount was to high. I have a NF NXS 5.5-22 in an ADM QD mount on it. I couldn't believe that was the excuse i was getting and promptly went onto their website and noted the images of their rifle with scope mounts have the same site over bore height as mine. I have the email from them stating that was my first issue which is crazy. At my wits end with this gun for something that was $2700 bucks then i spent a couple hundred more to get rail sections / top rail for clip on etc. It was funny when i got the rail sections for my rifle none of the screws they sent even worked and they had to resend all correct components. I am really hoping they stand behind their product but wanted to hear if others had this issue.

Reactions: Twinsen
Anyone have any recent experience with POF customer service? I have my Revolution .308 piston back into them for the 4th time. Started with issues since I got it in 2018. Had problem after problem. They send it back and still has problems. Failure to feed problems, failure to extract problems. The ejection pattern is all over the place. They have currently had my rifle since the 2nd week in January. Jeremy Selting is the customer service rep and have had several conversations with him. The accuracy out of the gun has been terrible. You should also know the groups you get back from POF are actually at 50yards not 100. I have document videos and pictures of the rifle failing to perform and I been running federal gold medal match, hornady match, american eagle match and then even tried some less expensive hunting rounds. the first thing i got back before the situation got elevated to Jeremy was the "engineering" team said my scope mount was to high. I have a NF NXS 5.5-22 in an ADM QD mount on it. I couldn't believe that was the excuse i was getting and promptly went onto their website and noted the images of their rifle with scope mounts have the same site over bore height as mine. I have the email from them stating that was my first issue which is crazy. At my wits end with this gun for something that was $2700 bucks then i spent a couple hundred more to get rail sections / top rail for clip on etc. It was funny when i got the rail sections for my rifle none of the screws they sent even worked and they had to resend all correct components. I am really hoping they stand behind their product but wanted to hear if others had this issue.
The fuck what now ? The first thing was "your scope mount is too high "?! Think the "engineering team" might be too high.
I run ADM and Bobro mounts and the the objective bell on some of my bigger scopes just barely clears the top of the rail.

There have been multiple comments before on POF shitty CS, but they all led back to the same one customer's thread.
What else have they told you about the rifle, or what they've been doing to it to try and solve your issues?

The fuck what now ? The first thing was "your scope mount is too high "?! Think the "engineering team" might be too high.
I run ADM and Bobro mounts and the the objective bell on some of my bigger scopes just barely clears the top of the rail.

There have been multiple comments before on POF shitty CS, but they all led back to the same one customer's thread.
What else have they told you about the rifle, or what they've been doing to it to try and solve your issues?
First time it went in the replaced the bolt head I believe, changed the barrel supposedly which judging by the serial number on the barrel did not happen and they said they worked on the gas system. I have multiple videos saved that I have shared with them showing the issues that don't even have to do with the accuracy. The accuracy out of the gun is terrible by the way with all types of match grade ammo. I am not a novice shooter but i mean there is always someone better but i am shooting off weibad bags and atlas bipod from concrete bench so...... The biggest issue is ejection pattern is all over which the accuracy follows. They have said the rifle is perfect and fine and sent it back three times and now have it for the fourth and have had it since Jan 6th along with my NF scope and my suppressor. They have asked me what i want and I said man just replace the upper with a new one that works is all I am asking or refund me for the rifle if you can't make it work which isn't what i want. They even said rifles are so hard to get one of the employees said he would buy it and i said that works but i want full price what i paid and they said that won't happen. its a 2700 dollar gun that has issues with feeding, ejecting, ejection pattern/gas piston issues and then it won't meet the 1 moa guarantee. I have reached out several times since its been back in. Was supposed to get info back monday/tuesday this week. reached out the last couple days and supposedly supposed to hear something today. We have at least had conversations back and forth but its always everything but the gun. the location of shooting it, the shooter, the ammo, the scope etc. Its been extremely frustrating and I am praying they just make it right.

Attachments

• Scope mount to high.jpg
    Scope mount to high.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 108
Well here’s an update. POF sent my rifle back with nothing done is what they said. Rifle is perfect they told me. Took it out a couple times over the last two weeks and the piston system still doesn’t operate correctly. Accuracy is terrible. The piston system throws brass all over with no consistency at all and the accuracy follows it. I have looked online and it seems that this rifle has had all kinds of issues. The sales rep at POF said I should just sell the rifle. It’s probably the worst customer service I have ever had and would never recommend POF for anything. I have video and pictures to provide information if anyone would like to see. If anyone has any contacts or suggestions that might help it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 038D2F89-7DAC-4F4A-A41C-2D824C7250A4.jpeg
    038D2F89-7DAC-4F4A-A41C-2D824C7250A4.jpeg
    848.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 747183F9-74C9-4ABB-9339-FCB557DF05D9.jpeg
    747183F9-74C9-4ABB-9339-FCB557DF05D9.jpeg
    807.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 327AD4B9-35BD-4C1B-BC3E-112ED697A712.jpeg
    327AD4B9-35BD-4C1B-BC3E-112ED697A712.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 062E63C2-5FC7-4815-8101-A60EB41C5F97.jpeg
    062E63C2-5FC7-4815-8101-A60EB41C5F97.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 193
  • CB08241A-6B34-4E6F-8E7D-80A300D9AB5A.jpeg
    CB08241A-6B34-4E6F-8E7D-80A300D9AB5A.jpeg
    956.9 KB · Views: 174
Strange idea, take the screws out of the handguard, and pull it off. Mine was jamming into the barrel nut, probably not helping. Honestly, you can either sell it and lose money or start investigating and fix it yourself. It's an expensive lesson.

Reactions: rburcaw
Well here’s an update. POF sent my rifle back with nothing done is what they said. Rifle is perfect they told me. Took it out a couple times over the last two weeks and the piston system still doesn’t operate correctly. Accuracy is terrible. The piston system throws brass all over with no consistency at all and the accuracy follows it. I have looked online and it seems that this rifle has had all kinds of issues. The sales rep at POF said I should just sell the rifle. It’s probably the worst customer service I have ever had and would never recommend POF for anything. I have video and pictures to provide information if anyone would like to see. If anyone has any contacts or suggestions that might help it would be greatly appreciated.
Well, that sucks a fat one.I guess either tinker or sell it. Sorry man, I would be well pissed off.

Reactions: rburcaw
Strange idea, take the screws out of the handguard, and pull it off. Mine was jamming into the barrel nut, probably not helping. Honestly, you can either sell it and lose money or start investigating and fix it yourself. It's an expensive lesson.

Hey that’s good info. Were you able to fix it yourself? Any pics or tips ?

Hey that’s good info. Were you able to fix it yourself? Any pics or tips ?
I just ground the screws down until they fit properly. It was the screws for the sling mounts. I never shot it with them in contact. I had a host of extract issues that were blamed on "needs a 500 round break in", but we're fixed by an h3 buffer an an adjustable gas block.

Recently picked up a .308 Revolution. Have put 710 or so rounds through it. Cleaned it before I shot it as it was heavily greased from the factory. Have shot IMI 150(450 rnds)Seller and bellot 150(60rnds) and 180(20tnds) pmc 147(60rnds) Black hills 175’s(20rnds) and Hornady 178 bthp(40).

It Functioned well unilt about the 500 round count with out cleaning the gas block only wiping the bolt after use. After that I have had a few jams but that was from a dirty gas block and that was 5 out of a 200 rnd range day. Went to clean and had a tough time removing the plug inside the gas block. I assume this is what was causing the issue. My lack of proper maintenance. The bolt stays clean, gas block is where you need to focus. Cleaned it and no issue since. Have had zero issues from match grade ammo, even with a dirty gas block.

It will shot about 1moa bench rested at 100yards with “cheap( ammo is crazy these days)” 150 grain ammo. It will shoot sub moa with match grade heavy ammo.

I can occasionally hit a man sized steel target at 600yards with a halosun 510 un magnified with “normal” m80 150’s.

With 150’s and a Vortex viper I can constantly hit a man sized steel target at 600yards. Bang ding bang ding rinse repeat.

I can hit a man sized steel target through a vortex viper at 1060 yards in 7-10 mph cross wind about 4 out 20 ( first time shooting this far)with 175 black hills. Similar experience with the 178 Hornady match.

IMO it likes the heavier match ammo. Opinions are like arse holes.

A 10 to 1 twist is designed for 170 to 220 grain .30 cal rnds. It will shoot lighter rnds but the reality is its not the proper twist for lighter rnds.

No way in hell I am shooting steel cased ammo through an Aluminum upper $3k gun.

Attachments

• 6F541E38-E926-403E-A1DB-B65B79C78813.jpeg
    6F541E38-E926-403E-A1DB-B65B79C78813.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 064252B1-418F-43E0-9F67-FBE46660943E.jpeg
    064252B1-418F-43E0-9F67-FBE46660943E.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 142
  • F0700750-113A-46DB-9E5C-C185488EC71E.jpeg
    F0700750-113A-46DB-9E5C-C185488EC71E.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 858FA022-C1C2-49E4-B5F9-0A8DF1F29BDF.jpeg
    858FA022-C1C2-49E4-B5F9-0A8DF1F29BDF.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: madppcs
I have to be honest, I really had my doubts about the validity of your statements regarding the poor machine work and fit/finish that POF is turning out lately. The pics you uploaded are actually not very clear at all, and I am STILL appalled at the glaring flaws in the machine work, the finish, and most importantly the QC who was either blind or asleep during multiple steps of the process. Absolutely unacceptable .
The Rogue is a forged receiver set. I’m not sure what you guys are seeing, as I’ve looked inside thousands of AR-15s and AR-10s over the years. I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary for a forged receiver set, with maybe one area where there seems to be evidence of multiple impacts from spent cases I’m assuming inside the ejection port window. Not sure if I’ve seen that before. That seems to indicate improper clocking of the ejection pattern.

The small tool marks and surface imperfections on some of the steel parts you can see on most BCGs.

When I handled the one at a local gun store Monday, it did feel gritty when cycling the action, which is common on new BCGs inside of anodized upper receiver raceways. I personally polish my carrier rails if I don’t like the feel, but a thick lube normally deals with it on a firing schedule.

img_20200810_165634-jpg.7399365

On the light primer strikes... Non of my ARs provide this... PMA, Armalite, HK MR762, HK MR556. I suppose in comparison to your experience I'm an anomalie... honestly never witnessed any in my stable. But hey... never say never right? Maybe I should re verify...

I'm really baffled at the failure to chamber ... so I suppose I have a due out to this forum on a full range report post Wolf break in..

Thanks for the response
The reason why you’ve never had floating firing pin dimples from the ArmaLite, Hk MR762, and Hk MR556 is because none of those rifles have standard floating firing pins from the Stoner design. They all have sprung firing pins that prevent any contact between the pin and primer unless the hammer impacts the rear of the pin during the firing sequence.

Hk 416/MR556 firing pin and spring:
iu

iu

I’m not familiar with PMA, but upon looking at their site, you should see primer dimples upon ejecting a live round that has been chambered/not fired.

The Savage MSR-10 Small Frame series also has the sprung firing pin feature, which I really like. Post-1996 ArmaLite (Eagle Arms) was the first company to use the sprung firing pin feature with any Stoner design that I’m aware of. The engineering on the Mark Westrom era AR-10s is actually some of the best. Hk took it to Tutonic levels with firing pin safeties, extractor blow-out preventer in the barrel extension lug recess, barrel extension lengthening for more support/contact with the upper, and really the magazine.

But yes, firing pin indentations/dimples are absolutely the norm on 99.999999% of Stoner designs out there, as they are on the Garand and M-14.

Last edited:
The Rogue is a forged receiver set. I’m not sure what you guys are seeing, as I’ve looked inside thousands of AR-15s and AR-10s over the years. I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary for a forged receiver set, with maybe one area where there seems to be evidence of multiple impacts from spent cases I’m assuming inside the ejection port window. Not sure if I’ve seen that before. That seems to indicate improper clocking of the ejection pattern.

The small tool marks and surface imperfections on some of the steel parts you can see on most BCGs.

When I handled the one at a local gun store Monday, it did feel gritty when cycling the action, which is common on new BCGs inside of anodized upper receiver raceways. I personally polish my carrier rails if I don’t like the feel, but a thick lube normally deals with it on a firing schedule.

img_20200810_165634-jpg.7399365

Yes, that mark was from it beating itself to death. Honestly, none of the finishes and gouges on that rifle reflect a $2000 product. They could all be fixed with programing or tooling changes that would lead to lower costs in the long run. It's just lack of caring and qc. More issues were found when I sent it on to a new owner and pof has not been good about fixing it.

I now have about 12-1300 rds through my revolution. Here are my thoughts and what I am doing with it.

Pro's- It is smoothing out. The grittyness when pulling the charging handle is gone. I have the gas block turned to the "adverse" setting and it seem to cycle smoother. It has not failed to extract/jam in 350 or so rounds, since I turned the gas down.

Cons- the rail/handguar loosened up on me around 8-900 rounds and had to re tighten the screws requiring me to remove the scope. On the bright side the dove tail held everything together and didn't notice till I was cleaning after that session. Was still scoring hit at 600 and 850 with the rail loose! The dove tail is a good design. I understand that metal expands and contracts with heat, but still it bothers sum that its even an issue.

After that I went out to check realignment on the scope and while sitting on the bench the bipod leaned and the top heavy weight from the scope caused the rifle to fall of the bench and land on the concrete(fucking bi pod!!), directly on the windage knob of the PST Viper damaging it. So I clipped the holosun 510c I have on to the rail and to my surprise it was dead on, needing no adjustment.

Today I went out to test some loads and have the results below. @50 yards shoot and see below. 4 blue circle are IMI 150's 7.62 M80ball. Shot the 150's together to warm up. Green, are Nosler 175's in Hornady brass with 38-42 grain of IMR4166, each hole was a test shot at a different grain weight before shooting further down range at steel, made two rounds at each weight working up powder charges to see how they would do. The dead center bullseye hit was at 41 grains OAL 2.795. The one directly above it was 40 grains. They shot much better than the 150's but I forgot to go paint the steel before shooting so not steel impacts pics on those. Besides the 2 round ladder test, I made 20 all loaded at 40 grains, shot all of those at steel.
.IMG_9364.jpeg
The 20 175's loaded to 40grain of 4166. With them I could aim near center of plate and score hits, more consistent than the m80 150's. Hand loads are awesome.

IMG_9347.jpg
So after that burned through the rest of IMI 7.62 150's I had with me. With about 75 rounds left I remembered I had spray paint and resprayed some of the steels. Here are the steels at 200 and 300 yards. With these I was having to aim the right shoulder about ear level ish. The red dot I am using is a 2 MOA dot.
200 12' by 16' or so.
IMG_9348.jpg
300 12" Impacts in green.

IMG_9349.jpeg
300 impacts in black
IMG_9350.jpeg
There was a mild right to left wind. For 300 I was holding top of head right of plate about a dot. Not the best but not bad for being unmagnified and not being able to see impacts. I tried shooting at a 6" plate but its just to small with no magnification and no spotter.

Speaking of not having a scope, Vortex is going to warranty my mistake!!!! That is incredible and they have my respect as a company.

Getting Back home here is what my revolution looks like after today again about 12-1300 rounds total. If any one is interested in detailed pics of anything LMK.
IMG_9354.jpgIMG_9355.jpgIMG_9356.jpgIMG_9357.jpgIMG_9358.jpgIMG_9359.jpgIMG_9363 2.jpg
Over all I am happy with my purchase and results. For a 7.4 lbs .308 that can fit in a 36" case and is capable of hitting out at 1060 yards with a 16'5" barrel. I am pleased. It is a versatile weapon, I can bench rest 1/2 mile shot or run and gun, just swap the optics. My first experience with a piston ar. It blows my mind how clean the receiver and bolt stay. Contacted POF one time with a question through email and they responded with in a few hrs.

So far that is my experience with a POF Revolution, which is the actual product in question in this thread by the OP...

Just an up date on a POF revolution.. 100 more rounds down the pipe with no functional issues. Got my scope back from Vortex and sighted it in using a bi pod and rear support bag.
IMG_9418.JPG
Here is the steel, 9"x16" at 655yards. I painted before shooting. Took me a few shots to figure my dope once I got those 2 hits back to back, I pushed further.
IMG_9419.JPG
Being in the middle of week long rain, the only easily accessible target was the 1060 yard 20"x40". It took me 6 shots get on the plate using Kentucky windage after my scope being serviced. But once I did I was on it. All shot were aiming using the orange dot as my intended hit point The blue and red were two different elevation dials. Ammo was a mix of Hornady 178BTHP match and hand loads of 175 noslers in Hornady brass with 42grs of 4166. The rear bag helps a lot with stabilization and my first time using one. Steadily improving as I am new to this but having a blast doing it.
IMG_9421.jpg
Wind was not too bad but shifted while out, coming out of the west steady until a front and rain moved through then started shifting out of the north. Was out on the 1100 range in the 1:30 to 3:30 time Fram. This weather station is and 15-20 miles from the area but a pretty close by.
IMG_9422.PNG

VmFiq6.jpg

Why is your bolt carrier assembly so dirty?
I have run 400+ rounds through my P308 that has the e2 chamber without cleaning it and it has barely anything on it.I run mine practically dry. Just rub a little extra light weight super lube oil on it with my fingers. The wipe it with a rag.

Why is your bolt carrier assembly so dirty?
I have run 400+ rounds through my P308 that has the e2 chamber without cleaning it and it has barely anything on it.I run mine practically dry. Just rub a little extra light weight super lube oil on it with my fingers. The wipe it with a rag.
Suppressor and filthy cheap ammo mostly.....

I was looking for info on POF's rifle offerings, but they don't seem to respond. I'm believing the reports of poor customer service.

I was looking for info on POF's rifle offerings, but they don't seem to respond. I'm believing the reports of poor customer service.
What info were you looking for that wasn't on their website? I'm at close to 3K rounds at this point and couldn't be happier with the rifle. It just plain works, is light, and shoots everything I throw at it. Seems to like bullets in the 155 to 169gr range, working on a 200gr. ELD-X load now just for fun but having better results with 180gr. SST's initially.

Length of gas system on the DI models, if they run suppressed, can I try one out?

Honestly if I could put a can on one, pop one shot, see the brass not get mangled, I'd hand them cash.

The DI models are rifle length gas. They run suppressed. I use an OSS 762Ti on mine but it does have an adjustable gas block so there's no reason why it wouldn't work with other cans. The OSS is a flow through so no adjustments necessary, on or off. It's actually POF's recommended can.

I can show you my latest set of brass that I fired. It doesn't beat the case up per se but I do get marks/burrs on the base. I tumble with stainless so it goes away. Doesn't matter what I'm shooting ammunition wise. It's gotten a bit better but still does it. Other than that, no excessive wear on the cases themselves. It does this suppressed or unsuppressed.

In terms of shooting one first, you'd probably have to find a range that rents guns and has one. The closer you are to POF the more likely it is you'll find a range with one. I'm in Central Texas just on the off chance you're local to me. I don't know if POF offers range days or not. Probably did pre-COVID. There's actually a POF Facebook group, plenty of guys with various cans on their Revolutions there.

POF is easily within driving distance.

Scottsdale Gun Club might have one for rent for like $7,000 an hour. I'll check.

Thanks for the info. Rifle gas is what I wanted to hear.

I will never buy another POF again. Like you, my story is similar.

I bought a POF P308 (piston gun) with an 18" barrel in FDE about 3 years ago. It was over-gassed, even without a suppressor on it. With the suppressor, it was spinning empties 180 degrees in the chamber with the neck facing the bolt, and primer facing the chamber. It was also stovepiping a lot. I managed to make a video of it doing that here:

So, I called CS and they told me to send it back which I did on my own dime. They had it for 2 months. When it came back, all they did was replace the buffer and ejector spring. Of course, that didn't solve the issue. Unsuppressed, brass ejection was still all over the place (part of it I believe is due to the E2 chamber design), but mostly ejecting around 1 o'clock. Suppressed, it would continue to stovepipe or spin brass around; which to me are indicators of a seriously oversped bolt due to too much gas. So I called and they asked me to send it back, this time with my suppressor.

Here's the bastard in all her glory:
1633701583065.png

Prior to me sending it back, I was told repeatedly that they'll drill out a custom gas regulator for me based on the ammo I normally shoot (handloads, equivalent to Federal GMM with 168 SMKs and 42.8gr of IMR4064). I said fine but to make it easy, tune it for M80 ball. They had my rifle and suppressor for almost 6 months. When I got it back, all those asshats did was replace the buffer spring and told me it was perfectly operational. It had the same gas regulator in it. Not surprisingly, it did the same fucked up shit with or without the can on, using everything from cheap Wolf and Tula, M80 ball, FGMM, and my handloads.

How did I fix it? Well, I threw in a Slash adjustable heavy buffer which weighs in at 8.5oz just to get the thing to cycle without shitting the bed. If I do my part, she'll turn out sub-MOA groups in the 0.6 to 0.75" range with handloads and the factory trigger.

Anyway, fast forward to COVID 2020. I see a new POF Revolution in 6.5CM sitting in my FFL's store. Take a look at it, looks pretty good. Figured it'd be a nice semi-auto 6.5 addition to go along with my Daniel Defense Delta 5, also in 6.5. Get it home, and after inspecting much more closely, realized that the gap between upper and lower was huge. It measured 0.20" or 0.50mm which is the reject limit as dictated by Army TM9-1005-319-23&P.
1633701784453.png

1633701757034.png

There were also a bunch of rough tooling marks inside the lower. Functionally, the rifle worked but for $2500, shouldn't look this way. They asked me to send that back on my own dime, which I did. Received the rifle about 6 weeks later with a new upper on it. The fitment to lower was much better this time, but the handguard rail was no longer on the same plane as the upper's rail. The difference was great enough that certain scope mounts that needed to straddle both the upper and handguard rail wouldn't tighten down.

Here's what I mean:
1633700839944.png

Anyway, they (Zach Hernandez - total assclown), told me that they can't guarantee handguards would be coplanar to the receiver. Fine, I understand that. Tolerance stacking can be a bitch when you don't maintain CNC equipment properly, or just not give a fuck about QC. So, I asked if I could send it back on my dime again, for them to switch out the HG with something that even resembles the cheapest PSA AR I have sitting in my Jeep. They flat out refused. I asked if I could just mail them my HG. They refused that as well. So I finally asked what their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" is supposed to mean? Unbelievably, they just told me to sell the gun or ask for a refund from my FFL. What kind of BS answer is that?

That said, I will NEVER buy another POF again. I have close to $5k between my two POF rifles. I'm thinking of selling both as a loss and either building my own AR-10s in 308 and 6.5, or buying a DD or LMT. My range buddies who once were interested in buying POF now won't because of the problems I had and the way I was treated as a customer.

Sorry to vent here, but I just came across this post and it rankled me to no end.

EDIT: some additional photos of the Revolution.
1633702397007.png

Hard to see here, but that area circled in red shows a portion of the milled out shelf that helps secure the safety switch barrel has a chunk missing out of it.
1633702540030.png

You can see it a little better here where the top of the safety lever barrel is visible in that gap:
1633702644779.png

Lovely tooling marks here:
1633702680500.png

On the bright side... the Revolution in 6.5 with my handloads (37.8gr H4350, 140gr SMK, Starline brass, Fed210 primers) will easily shoot a sub-half MOA 5 shot group at 100. That's very close to what I get with my Delta 5 which averages about 0.33" with a similar but slightly tweaked load.

Last edited:
My DT HTI handguard is further off than that, and is rotated a few degrees as well. Also the picatinny is out of spec and won't accept QD mounts.

I just have no faith in the QC of any company and I definitely don't think dollars paid increases quality in areas like that. I mean if an $8,000 rifle can't get it right...

Reactions: amstel78
My DT HTI handguard is further off than that, and is rotated a few degrees as well. Also the picatinny is out of spec and won't accept QD mounts.

I just have no faith in the QC of any company and I definitely don't think dollars paid increases quality in areas like that. I mean if an $8,000 rifle can't get it right...
Sorry to hear that about your DT and yeah, I get your point. But, by the time I got this rifle back, I was already fed up with POF in general from experiences I had with the P308. The issues and CS regarding the Revolution was the final straw for me.

Moral of my story? Buy a rifle from a company that actually cares about their reputation, their products, and their customers.