• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution charging handle jammed forward

Mdscharf

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2021
Jupiter,Florida
Anyone else having trouble with their POF Revolution? I chamber a round and the charging handle sticks. I have to hit the butt on the ground while pulling back on the handle. I’m running Barnes 168 ttsx factory ammo. I’ve tested the jammed rounds in a Lyman ammo checker and they are fine

Thanks

Make sure the bullets ogive isn't mashing into the barrels lands.

I will check that. Since I first posted I went out in the backyard and ran some Hornady superformance through it. Same problem. The fifth round chambered, misfire and charging handle stuck. I would be surprised if I was having ogive issues with ammo from 2 different manufacturers

I would be more surprised if it was the charging handle sticking, and not the case sticking in the chamber, or the ogive sticking in the lands. I would be surprised if you had trouble with one type of ammo and not the other, if its a short throat problem.

I will check that. Since I first posted I went out in the backyard and ran some Hornady superformance through it. Same problem. The fifth round chambered, misfire and charging handle stuck. I would be surprised if I was having ogive issues with ammo from 2 different manufacturers
Mark up a round with a sharpie. Cover the bullet and top half of the case then chamber a round.

Withdrawal the round and see where the contact is being made.

Do you still have any of the fired brass? If yes, do you have the tools to measure case head-shoulder length? Do you have a .308 go/no go gauge set to check headspace?

You could either have a min spec chamber or one that is a tad too short.

I had a casing get between the bcg and charging handle once. This thread gave me flashbacks and ptsd.

• Wow
Reactions: KZP
I would be more surprised if it was the charging handle sticking, and not the case sticking in the chamber, or the ogive sticking in the lands. I would be surprised if you had trouble with one type of ammo and not the other, if its a short throat problem.
You described it much better than I did. The cases are getting stuck in the chamber. Not the charging handle getting stuck. Thanks for the response

Mark up a round with a sharpie. Cover the bullet and top half of the case then chamber a round.

Withdrawal the round and see where the contact is being made.

Do you still have any of the fired brass? If yes, do you have the tools to measure case head-shoulder length? Do you have a .308 go/no go gauge set to check headspace?

You could either have a min spec chamber or one that is a tad too short.
Thanks for the response. I will try the sharpie trick. I have a Lyman ammo checker and a Dillon head space gauge. The stuck rounds fit in both gauges perfectly and slide right out when I turn them over