• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF rifles - opinions needed

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
I'm considering POF P-415 16.5" Recon rifle and from what I can tell, it's got everything I'd want in a balanced AR set-up. My other consideration is waiting for the Sig 516 Patrol to go into production.

Does anyone have solid experience with the POF 415 series? How does the stock trigger system (T.I.T.S.
grin.gif
) feel? The single stage trigger is a bit of a concern. I think pull is 4.5. Would I want to switch the trigger out or is it gtg as is?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: POF rifles - opinions needed

POF makes great rifles, the triggers are just fine, no complaints.

What sets POF apart is what they do for shooters!! At a match recently they donated 2 rifles AND paid for the helicopter rental to the tune of about $5k !!

Frank at POF is a very generous guy that gives back to the sport. In the 2 matches I shot this year I saw no donations from Sig that I can recall.

I can not say enough good things about POF rifles. They are an awesome company to deal with and a total "class act". I do not have a 415 but a buddy of mine has two of them and he loves them. We used one of their .308 platforms for our Helo Assault Stage and it ran flawlessly. We put 550 round through it without cleaning it and we experienced no problems. I would say go with POF you wont be sorry. Steve.

i have had a POF P-415 for 3 years, it has never failed me. it had all the parts i wanted, and keeps running and running. the only down side was the wait to get it.

Wait times are down now so you should be able to get them quicker.

I have an 18" POF .223 and love it. Super accurate too. I was out with some Hornady 75grn BTHP training loads I got in to use for a recent 3 gun match and with a 4x optic at 100 yards I was getting 1/2" 5 shot groups with the biggest around 3/4".

I have no problems with the factory trigger either. I like single stage triggers myself. Keeps everything the same with my bolt guns.

You will love the rifle. Accurate and reliable. What more could you ask for?

I've had not a single problem with mine: It was used by sixty five shooters at the Cup, then half a year of use with me, I haven't cleaned it yet and I haven't had a malunction.

And the free-floated Rock barrel puts it in a different league than the SIG.

The trigger is a bit heavy, but crisp, and I like the lack of a steep curve on its face.

The 8-twist shoots the 77gr SMK's very well.

All around: an excellent rifle!

Excellent! Just what I was hoping to hear. Especially nice to hear about the accuracy. I had been reading a lot about the out-of-box accuracy of these rifles and it's nice to see the claims backed up by shooters I know I can trust!

Can't wait to get that sweet bitch in my hands! Thanks for the input guys!