• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

POF rifles(pics)

Re: POF rifles(pics)

Why didn't a NightForce Unimount work for you??

RE-KNS pins and Geiselle's: I use Geiselle's pins with my HS match. Bill designed the pins to work with his trigger, so it seems that's the best thing to do.

I put a fluchcup in my PRS and pinned the bottom rail cover that kept sliding off (annoying the piss outta me constantly) this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why didn't a NightForce Unimount work for you??

RE-KNS pins and Geiselle's: I use Geiselle's pins with my HS match. Bill designed the pins to work with his trigger, so it seems that's the best thing to do.

I put a fluchcup in my PRS and pinned the bottom rail cover that kept sliding off (annoying the piss outta me constantly) this week.</div></div>

I was concerned that I wouldn't care for the NightForce Unimount because I like having the ability to remove my optics without the need for tools. The ADM has served me well and as long as I remember where I mounted it on the top rail, I can remove and reattach it whenever I need to without having to re-zero.

Nuttin wrong with the ADM, they do good shit!
I was curious whether ShooterMcGavin's comment that he "couldn't" use the Unimount with his POF was a fitment or preference issue.

I really like those lowers, Im think of building a lower for an MRP upper. How is the silver coating holding up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So did you get that barrel custom from rock creek or did you have POF / Frank build you a custom rifle? </div></div>

Sorry, didn't see the wuestion earlier.

POF did four 6.5 Creedmoors in 09. They were done from Rock Creek cut rifled blanks (the production POF's are button rifled Rock Creek 5r's). Mine was Frank's.

Last year Scottmilk9 did a group buy on 6.5CM's when he was still with POF. Amazingly enough, there was a very limited interest. After that experience Frank isn't interested in doing 6.5CM's any more. Its a shame, mine kicks ass.

Back to the barrels, POF gets the barrels as rifled blanks from Rock Creek and does their own contouring, fluting, machining, heat treating, etc so no, you can't just get one from them.

Unless you had a smith redo a barrel with the gas system from a POF, the only ones out there are already out there.

Back to pics:
kneelingstairsb041611.jpg

</div></div>

You lucky SOB!

As to the PRS cover sliding off. I had the same problem. I think I'm just going to put a dab of super glue on it for the mean time.

Well, I worked for and currently shoot for POF, so I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

3/32 roll pin 1" long, Ace hardware= $.30
3/32 drill bit, carefully drilled (press would be good, but I'm holding out for a mill-Dremel and Makita until then
smile.gif
)

Pic of the PRS that now works for me (and it has a thicker butt for that little extra LOP my jacked up neck likes):
pofprs002.jpg

Here is mine....added the PRS, Gieselle NM trigger and my personal 'flage. Good shooter but heavy. Not the best picture...photography is not my strong suit.

2011-05-02130034Medium.jpg

ggmanning -- Do you know how much that rifle weighs with the PRS and no mag?