• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pof-usa 6.5

usda_beef

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Good Morning Snipers Hide,

New poster here and long range noob here, im looking to get into long range/precision shooting matches in the south florida area with a semiautomatic rifle and have been looking at the pof 6.5 creedmoor(link below). I wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with this rifle or can guide im in the direction of a good semiauto for dmr/spr/sniper matches. Ive called POF-USA and they claimed this rifle is capable of sub moa shots with the right ammo. Also if possible please recommend me the correct optic i would need. Im looking at the vortex pst gen 2 5-25 FFP.

https://pof-usa.com/p65-edge-spr/

Thanks for the help!

While I had a POF P308 in the past and it was a shooter, I understand they had issues with their 6.5..They stopped selling them for a while so arent many out in the wild. It appears they are now making them again. If a match semi is your goal I wouldnt be grabbing one of those till its been tried and proven. Especially if your new to this. My first recommendation for a tried and proven, accurate 6.5cm AR10 would be a JP, GAP10 or Seekins10. Otherwise I would build one like many of us have. I have a custom 22" Bartlein 6.5cm AR10, Mega receiver set, SD-E trigger, SLR handguard, SLR adjustable gas block, Magpul PRS stock which I run with a Rugged Surge 7.62 suppressor and Vortex Razor HD. Its sub 0.75moa gun all day long with many groups at 0.5moa or less.

You havent stated a budget so its hard to give specific recommendation. Will you be handloading or shooting factory ammo?

Last edited:
While I had a POF P308 in the past and it was a shooter, I understand they had issues with their 6.5..They stopped selling them for a while on werent many out in the wild. It appears they are now making them again. If a match semi is your goal I wouldnt be grabbing one of those till its been tried and proven. Especially if your new to this. My first recommendation for a tried and proven, accurate 6.5cm AR10 would be a JP, GAP10 or Seekins10. Otherwise I would build one like many of us have. I have a custom 22" Bartlein 6.5cm AR10, Mega receiver set, SD-E trigger, SLR handguard, SLR adjustable gas block, Magpul PRS stock which I run with a Rugged Surge 7.62 suppressor and Vortex Razor HD. Its sub 0.75moa gun all day long with many groups at 0.5moa or less.

You have stated a budget so its hard to give specific recommendation. Will you be handloading or shooting factory ammo?

Thanks for the recommendation. Ill look into having something built.

If you dig piston ARs, consider a PWS MK220 in 6.5 CM. There aren't a lot out there as production is limited. I believe PWS also has a $200 rebate through the end of September. Check gunbroker...

I had one of their few 6.5cms, and it never fed reliably. I got tired of dealing with this and sent it back for a 308 upper. If they have fixed their prior problems then I would consider one.