• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF-USA?

Re: POF-USA?

The new one probably is a few ounces lighter without the extra railing and probably just feels a lot better in the hand because its narrower where the rails have been eliminated.

Best place to pick a Nightforce?? I'm lost on these reticles also. I like the velocity 1000, but which would be suited best for hunting. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that velocity 1000 but i haven't seen that reticle anywhere...is that a custom order from the FAC?

I think I would get one from the optics for sale section here. I don't know much about the NF reticles. Use the search engine on the right side of this screen, its under the Shout Box. You could probably enter the name of any NF reticle and at least a whole page of info would pop up for each one. You could also check the SH hunting section for tips on which reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollinheavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best place to pick a Nightforce?? I'm lost on these reticles also. I like the velocity 1000, but which would be suited best for hunting. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that velocity 1000 but i haven't seen that reticle anywhere...is that a custom order from the FAC?
</div></div>
Try BearBasin Outfitters. They have layaway plans, GE financing for 6 months or a year and their sales guys are extremely helpful. I was looking at that exact reticle (ended up buying a NF 5.5-22x56 NPR1) and was told its best suited for people doing their own hand loads which I don't. Eurooptic is also great (bought my AICS 2.0 there) and they're extremely helpful as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new one probably is a few ounces lighter without the extra railing and probably just feels a lot better in the hand because its narrower where the rails have been eliminated. </div></div>

Yup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new one probably is a few ounces lighter without the extra railing and probably just feels a lot better in the hand because its narrower where the rails have been eliminated. </div></div>

Yup. </div></div>

I have the old predator rail on mine and with the glass on it weighs 14.58 lbs Loaded and It's 15.77 if I put an AAC 762 SD can on it.

Heres the specs.

POF P308 20"
Magpul PRS
GG&G HD bipod
Troy BUIS
Badger 22moa riser rail
Talley Tactical 30mm rings
Vortex Viper PST Mil Mil.

Ahh, well here is a predicament. No offense killshot or people who already own POF's because their gun is amazing, just as amazing as mine. Except my gun comes from Hogan, who manufactures the parts for POF and is the original patent owner. I had ordered a 16.5" P-308 with full black and tactical rails in August. I would have loved to have an 18" but the sizes offered by POF are 16.5" and 20" with no in-between (along with the 14"). I was deploying at the end of December and was really hoping to get the gun before I left. So i got jerked around for a few weeks saying it was getting shipped next week and finally I went back to my FFL dealer and asked him what he could do. He immediately cancelled the order on the 2nd of December and ordered an even better barrel length 18" Hogan, all black with tactical rails. I got the gun on the 22nd of December. I waited three and a half months when I could have had it in three weeks.

Anyway, I was only able to shoot the gun twice before I left and the gun is incredibly accurate with no malfunctions right out of the box. (after a cleaning of course) I broke in the barrel the first day with 40 shots in 3 hours because it took forever while I sighted in the Leupold 3.5-10, CQT, and troy folding iron sights. Despite the issue between POF and Hogan, they are both well worth the money. You are just paying and waiting for the name but it is still the same gun.

TE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahh, well here is a predicament. No offense killshot or people who already own POF's because their gun is amazing, just as amazing as mine. Except my gun comes from Hogan, who manufactures the parts for POF and is the original patent owner. I had ordered a 16.5" P-308 with full black and tactical rails in August. I would have loved to have an 18" but the sizes offered by POF are 16.5" and 20" with no in-between (along with the 14"). I was deploying at the end of December and was really hoping to get the gun before I left. So i got jerked around for a few weeks saying it was getting shipped next week and finally I went back to my FFL dealer and asked him what he could do. He immediately cancelled the order on the 2nd of December and ordered an even better barrel length 18" Hogan, all black with tactical rails. I got the gun on the 22nd of December. I waited three and a half months when I could have had it in three weeks.

Anyway, I was only able to shoot the gun twice before I left and the gun is incredibly accurate with no malfunctions right out of the box. (after a cleaning of course) I broke in the barrel the first day with 40 shots in 3 hours because it took forever while I sighted in the Leupold 3.5-10, CQT, and troy folding iron sights. Despite the issue between POF and Hogan, they are both well worth the money. You are just paying and waiting for the name but it is still the same gun.

TE
</div></div>

No this doesn't seem like a sales pitch for Hogan at all... What used car dealership did they find this guy at?

I heard nothing but good things about POF until I went in to buy the gun and had to wait. I am a fan of their product, just not the wait. Like I said, I was deploying and I wanted it before I left and POF could not deliver when they said 4-8 weeks. I am shooting the exact same gun, with the name Hogan instead of POF. Like I said, nothing against either company but I just did not want to wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard nothing but good things about POF until I went in to buy the gun and had to wait. I am a fan of their product, just not the wait. Like I said, I was deploying and I wanted it before I left and POF could not deliver when they said 4-8 weeks. I am shooting the exact same gun, with the name Hogan instead of POF. Like I said, nothing against either company but I just did not want to wait.</div></div>

I can certainly understand what you're saying, and no offense taken. I have a buddy who was promised 4-8wks and over 20wks later, was still waiting and being given empty promised. Needless to say, he cancelled his order and lost his $700 deposit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard nothing but good things about POF until I went in to buy the gun and had to wait. I am a fan of their product, just not the wait. Like I said, I was deploying and I wanted it before I left and POF could not deliver when they said 4-8 weeks. I am shooting the exact same gun, with the name Hogan instead of POF. Like I said, nothing against either company but I just did not want to wait.</div></div>

I can certainly understand what you're saying, and no offense taken. I have a buddy who was promised 4-8wks and over 20wks later, was still waiting and being given empty promised. Needless to say, he cancelled his order and lost his $700 deposit. </div></div>

He gave a $700 deposit to POF with a 8 wk delivery date and after 20 wks he cancelled and they kept his money?

Yea....That's pretty crappy.

I understand what your saying. But there's a reason why people are waiting. If i had to guess i'd day it's quality. I say that video Frankie Ice had put up about the HOGAN junk that he'd received. I'm sure your gun shoots great. At this point with everything i have been able to read......looks like GAP is the way to go. Anyways....i would wait 6 months for a $2500 gun. If i wanted my gun tomorrow i'd head up to the local sports authority and pick up a bushmaster for $599.

Let me see if i'm collecting this right.....HOGAN...made the design and manufactures the equipment POF is using on their rifles.....POF sells that same equipment to GAP...who says it's POF design?....am i crazy?...haha

Why don't i just get GAP....sounds like there the frontrunner.....how much better is the GAP going to shot than the POF anyways....and you guys are 100% on that 16.5 inch barrel being able to take the long shots...

What barrel length is yours? What brass and primers? Any special steps you take with the brass? OAL?

I have 14.5" bbl, and use win brass with CCI primers. COAL is 2.810. No special brass prep, FL resize and use case headspace gauge to double check and trim if necessary. Have been very pleased with accuracy, right around MOA. If memory serves they run around 2550 fps.

I had a 11.5 inch POF upper on my .223 sbr lower and the only thing i didnt like about was that it has a raised rail that i found messed with my cheek weld and a really thick hand guard. now im a small person so my face might not be tall enough to work with the rail and my hands are small so thats a probelem for me. It was also very heavy (for a shorty .223). They have new rails however that look slimmer (on the internet) The Gas system is easy to service and the NP3 coating is awesome. if you dont mind those things then it ran flawleslly and was really accurate. I didnt Order it through POF i got it from class3weapons.com so i really have no idea if their customer service or wait times are acceptable!
I hope this was helpful.
TW

Thanks foley. Mine is 20" and I wonder how that would do in it. I don't have the gear yet but have two friends who might roll something for me for a favor.

I saw that video about Hogan and read some of his blogs about his disappointment. I was also quite skeptical about the quality upon receiving the gun and I inspected it at the store. I was not surprised to see that the gun looked flawless compared to the photos in that slideshow on youtube. I think that the wait is worth the weapon, especially when other companies are using the monolithic rail system produced by Hogan. The design is well thought out and every person I have talked to cannot say anything bad about the gun. If they did have a poor experience shooting the gun, POF or Hogan immediately fixed the problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollinheavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordering a GAP-10. </div></div>

Boom and done! Glad you liked the write up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard nothing but good things about POF until I went in to buy the gun and had to wait. I am a fan of their product, just not the wait. Like I said, I was deploying and I wanted it before I left and POF could not deliver when they said 4-8 weeks. I am shooting the exact same gun, with the name Hogan instead of POF. Like I said, nothing against either company but I just did not want to wait.</div></div>

I can certainly understand what you're saying, and no offense taken. I have a buddy who was promised 4-8wks and over 20wks later, was still waiting and being given empty promised. Needless to say, he cancelled his order and lost his $700 deposit. </div></div>

He gave a $700 deposit to POF with a 8 wk delivery date and after 20 wks he cancelled and they kept his money?</div></div>

Yes, that is correct however, that isn't uncommon...for the builder to keep your deposit because they've began building your rifle and then you decide you no longer want it. I know Les Baer has the same policy.

At this point after all reading i've done....it seems that's the only way to go. Besides the .260 and .308...anyone seen these in any other calibers?...I can't wait to order this puppy.....do they do deposits or do they want it all up front?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollinheavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point after all reading i've done....it seems that's the only way to go. Besides the .260 and .308...anyone seen these in any other calibers?...I can't wait to order this puppy.....do they do deposits or do they want it all up front?</div></div>

Well, are you getting a GAP-10 or...a POF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, are you getting a GAP-10 or...a POF? </div></div>

Unfortunately he went with the GAP-10 which is still a good rifle. You have the same issue with your rifle that I have, I can put on much lower rings for my optic, but I like the quick detach for the scope. I want to keep my irons on, but the next smaller QDM woud just barely touch the iron sights. The next option that I am looking at is getting the magpul modstock. What other items do you have for your POF?

Going GAP.....Sorry i still love your POF. I guess....i'll sorta be getting one in a way.....you guys have been really helpful...i'm glad i didn't just "buy it now"......

Rollin,
Your going to get the best of both worlds! Piston guns are over rated. The Barrel is the key component to any AR and Bartlein is not some hammer forged air gauged "match grade" barrel. It is one of the best money can buy.

Plus GA Precision is a solid customer focused company with some of the best people on the planet. Nuf said