• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POI shift experiment with suppressors

Ape_Factory

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Had a few experiments lined up and one of them was to see what sort of POI shift I'd get by removal and reattachment of the suppressor on my 308 bolt rifle. I took it a bit further and not only did that but added a second suppressor into the mix. Short answer, really no significant shift. The wind likely had a far greater effect than removing and attaching the suppressor.

I took three shots on the left target, suppressor on. I removed and re-installed the suppressor and shot three more on the right target. Should have kept the same target but I wasn't sure I'd remember which shot was which. I then took off the first suppressor and installed the second suppressor, same right target.

Suppressor 1 was the Diligent Defense Enticer S
Suppressor 2 was the Huxwrx Flow 762
Muzzle device was the Huxwrx muzzle brake
The Diligent Defense has the new Huxwrx HUB QD mount installed

First three shots with the DD (blue)

Rest of the shots, right target. DD is blue, Huxwrx is yellow. Winds were gusting north of 15mph at times.

I was surprised the shift, if any, was so small, especially between the two suppressors. I've always liked the Huxwrx mounts and even their new HUB mount is stupid easy to attach and remove. It's not the lightest at around 4oz. but the extra weight doesn't seem to be affecting accuracy at all.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Most quality cans and mounts these days exhibit minimal POI shift. Thanks for posting this!

For grins you should find someone with a AAC7.62SD with a 51T mount and repeat the experiment. My guess is the POI will be different every time you mount the suppressor an likely not minute of human at 100 yards.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I ran the same experiment with my 24” 6.5CM Proof CF barreled Aero AR10…
AAC SDN6 that’s been Ecco’d with a Keymo HUB mount & Silencerco SAKER with a Keymo HUB mount.
Basically 1.3 MIL shift down for the SAKER and 1.7-ish MILS for the SDN6!!!:LOL:

Tested using 143 Norma, 140 ELDM & 147 ELDM factory ammo… the black sharpie cross is the POA.

IMG_2386.jpeg

Reactions: KYAggie
I ran the same experiment with my 24” 6.5CM Proof CF barreled Aero AR10…
AAC SDN6 that’s been Ecco’d with a Keymo HUB mount & Silencerco SAKER with a Keymo HUB mount.
Basically 1.3 MIL shift down for the SAKER and 1.7-ish MILS for the SDN6!!!:LOL:

Tested using 143 Norma, 140 ELDM & 147 ELDM factory ammo… the black sharpie cross is the POA.

View attachment 8366371

Interesting. I had my 7.62SD Ecco’d with the A419 Hellfire mount and it’s repeatably 1.3 MILS down with the suppressor on vs the brake. That was with a AR10 16” Faxon Gunner weight 308 barrel. Your results are very similar.