• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POI shift with a suppressor ......

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Is it something that makes a big difference to you as long as it is repeatable?

If a can shifts POI 2inches right and 2inches down from a zero without the can on are you concerned about it as long as it is repeatable?

I know everyone wants as minimal shift as possible but is it really THAT big of a deal?

Re: POI shift with a suppressor ......

This has been discussed several times. As long as its repeatable it shouldn't matter. You can adjust for it.

no, if you are lucky it will be a minimal shift but most all rifles will shift but as long as it is repeatable it doesn't really matter. And, if you keep your suppressor on the rifle then it really doesn't matter.

The only other problem would be if you have a POI shift that is extremely low and intend on using the rifle for long range shooting. My AAC 762 SD has almost 8 MOA shift down. I would probably use a 30 MOA base and a Nightforce NXS (because of the amount of MOA available in them) if I wanted to use it at 1000 yards. I wish it had much less shift, but it is repeatable.

8 or 9 inches is not unbearable at 100 yards but at 1000 yards, it is a lot to dial in.......

I have mounted it on several rifles and different barrel lengths and all have about the same amount of POI shift. I have used it on .223 and .308 with about the same shift as well.

It is currently used on an 18" R700 tactical and is very easy to move around and use since it comes out to about a 24" overall length. Balance is good and it improves my grouping by about 1/4 to 1/2 MOA overall with a little boost in velocity for my shortened barrel.

divemaverick, awesome seeing you on here! Sorry to hear that suppressor is performing so poorly. I knew you had really bad POI shift on one rifle but didn't know it was like that on multiple platforms. Have you contacted AAC? That amount of shift is, to me, unacceptable and I bet they would feel the same way.

To answer the original question, it depends on the amount of shift and the host weapon. In a perfect world there would be no shift. If I have minimal shift I don't worry much about it. It matters more to me that the shift be repeatable which is why I don't care for rifle suppressors with mounting solutions that require the user to properly index the suppressor.

POI shift matters to me but it isn't the highest concern on my list.

What about side to side shift. I was talking to a guy on here a while back who had 1MOA up and 2.25 MOA left. Whats up with that. That would deff be bad a a grand right. Even if you dialed 2.25 MOA at the begining, it still would not work would it?

8 moa shift down on a 762 sd, id be shimming the mount or shaving the barrel back to rotate the can and hopefully get a smaller shift, kind like the miter mount but alot more time consuming.