• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POI shifts on different TBAC’s

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
Does anyone know if I should expect a significant difference in the POI shifts between the Ultra 7 and the Ultra 5 or Dominus cans? I am saving for another TBAC and was wondering if I should just get another U7 to maintain consistency across the various rifles they will go on. If there’s not a discernible difference in the POI, then I’d like to try the 5 or Dominus.

It should be relatively minimal since those weigh close to the same weight. If your rifle has weird harmonics it might be more. On my guns, the same model always has the same POI and a different but close model is close if not the same.

Reactions: jcam
It should be relatively minimal since those weigh close to the same weight. If your rifle has weird harmonics it might be more. On my guns, the same model always has the same POI and a different but close model is close if not the same.
Thanks Zak. After seeing the TBAC comparison pic you posted earlier, I’m leaning strongly towards an Ultra 5, but I don’t want to have to rezero if I mix and match the cans. I’m really only concerned with my two match rifles and they both have heavy contour barrels.

Variety is the spice of life. You can always just keep some guns zeroed to certain cans.
True. Thats the backup plan anyway. With my wife now wanting to shoot more, the cans will inevitably be mixed around six various rifles though. But it sounds like it won’t matter.

Its not an Ultra 5 or Dominus but there is very small POI shift between my Ultra 7 and 9. Like 0.2 mils up or down.
TBAC makes amazing cans. I can’t wait to try the Dominus and 338SR.