• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Polaris XP 800 EPS or Artic Cat Prowler HDX 700

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    Tryin to decide between Polaris XP 800 EPS camo or Artic Cat Prowler HDX 700 camo.

Need it for Working around the house, hunting, playing with my girls.

any input you guys have would be great!

Re: Polaris XP 800 EPS or Artic Cat Prowler HDX 700

Polaris...

better machine.. but I am biased !
    grin.gif

explain more..

I think the EPS is better system in the Polaris. The Artic Cat is louder in the cab. Seems like more vibrations as well.

The ride is better in the Polaris. prowler seems rougher and cheaper built..

just my .02

I have a artic cat 500 that i love. I quit asking myself 'i wonder if it will make it through there' because it will.

800 Xp without a doubt!

I came from a 07' Sport rhino to my 11' 800 xp camo and without a doubt all the way around the Polaris wins hands down. Only draw back is on tight trails it's harder to fit in.

For work, play, and room my vote went to the popo this go around I tried them all.

Go test drive them and see what fits you.

Pic of mine pulling the boat to the water
    IMAG0290.jpg

Polaris all the way. The artic cats don't hold up and the polaris are pretty much indestructable unless you get real aggressive jumping. Then the motor mounts need reinforcement.

listen to the majority, go Polaris or you'll end up walking home... but in all seriousness, i have the 800HD with EPS, and its an amazing machine, i just got back from up north last night on a 5 hour outing, these things do work, i weigh 230, my dad 220, and we had 12 bags of salt @ 50lbs each and 12 bags of mineral 50lbs each, add up the weight... anything else, your frame would be bent.

I have 3 Polaris Rangers, all have been well above par in quality and performance.....I also have a gator and a mule, The Polaris is the only one I will Recommend....They flat out are the Industry leader. I have been around one Arctic Cat, and it was broke down more than it ran....

Zink

Polaris is the only way to go. Sold a Ranger and bought a Rhino. Big mistake. hard to start ran like shit. Sold and bought another Polaris. Been happy since.

I know its not one of the choices listed but have you looked into the Brute Force 750? Them things take a beating, believe me I know. It has an absurd amount of power and you can beat the shit out of it and it will still run for you.

Gonna get the ranger browning edition in a couple days thanks guys!

nice choice, post some pics in action when you get her home.

Got it tonight! Damn this thing is fun!

Ok what bolt ons can I do to make it faster!

Faster? Nope, make it more "all around". It is fast enough. Add the HD front bumper, rear, winch, I pod w/ speaker, cab w/o doors, big horns, big lights, and gun rack.

DSCN0101.jpg

1.5" lift kit does wonders. Don't recall the brand, but brackets that change spring/shock geometry, not just spring rate. Maybe Canada outfit. Much better ride and goes where RZR won't.

Gunner75,
    i need to know where you got that HD bumper, looks better than the prerunner brush gaurd i've been eyeballin, i've been looking @ a 1.5" lift, whats the make your talkin???

It came with a winch and I bought the metal roof

Which gun racks are you guys using?

Yep, 4 wingbolts and the mount removes, plate remains.