• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Police clerk stealing evidence guns..

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
This is my old department, good cops there, all the bad cops are pretty much GONE.

And no cop bashing, this is just hilarious because we had a 15 or 16 year old intern at another local PD that was banging the Sergeant, ON DUTY (Pajama girl)...

Now this girl..
WAIT - This article doesn't say that her "Felon in possession" boyfriend got charged with it....but he too went to jail for that...

This is OFFENSE #2 for the same thing - although they probably happened at the same time.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
POULSBO — A former Poulsbo Police Department clerk was charged a second time of theft of a firearm this week after a Washington State trooper found a handgun under her car seat on Sept. 18.

Amanda M. Dixon, 23, was charged Aug. 1 for the same crime — stealing a gun she said she witnessed being destroyed.

On Sept. 18 a trooper investigating a traffic accident involving Dixon's boyfriend found a handgun under the driver's seat, according to a report by the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office.

Poulsbo Police provided deputies information about guns that had been destroyed. A photo of one of the guns, a Rino Galesi .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun, showed that it was identical to the gun the trooper confiscated.

Serial numbers on the gun had been destroyed, but forensic examiners were able to restore all but one number. Deputies determined no other similar gun had been reported stolen.

Dixon was arrested Tuesday at Kitsap County Courthouse while she was attending court proceedings for her boyfriend.

Dixon was charged this week in Kitsap County District Court. Bail was initially set at $50,000.

</span>

Re: Police clerk stealing evidence guns..

This is what happens when a Cities infrastructure is hired on a who knows who rather than who's qualified. Just as Poulsbo PD is in the midst of trying to improve their less than great reputation thanks to a few bad apples. Just what they need... sigh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay classy Poulsbo. </div></div>

Despite it's officers it's one of the top areas in the Western Puget Sound area.

LOL better than Gorst or Sequim.

BTW Artic I'll be back in Dec for another freeze your butt off range day.

Better than Port Orchard, Bremerton, Gorst, Suquamish, Kingston, Hansville, Indianola, Belfair, Shelton, Seabeck, Olalla, Manchester, Vaughn, Quilicene, Port Ludlow, Port Townsend, Manchester, Lakebay, Allyn, some areas of Silverdale, Seabeck, and Port Gamble.

The only better areas are Gig Harbor, Fox Island, Bainbridge Island, and some areas of Silverdale. Not an opinion but a fact. Crime rate, economy, per capita, etc. So yes... some of the cops are dicks but the community as a whole is nice.

Were these guns evidence in active criminal cases?
If so, what will the fact that they were out of the custody chain do to them being used in the trials?
Could be a bad deal for the prosecution maybe.
Just curious. Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL better than Gorst or Sequim.

BTW Artic I'll be back in Dec for another freeze your butt off range day. </div></div>

Dont talk shit about sequim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were these guns evidence in active criminal cases?
If so, what will the fact that they were out of the custody chain do to them being used in the trials?
Just curious. Regards, FM </div></div>

In the article the gun was supposed to have been destroyed. At that point it's no longer part of an active case...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL hit a nerve? </div></div>

You did put Gorst and Sequim together and I can see how that could be offensive to someone from Sequim
laugh.gif
Lmao...

Yeah, probably not fair, Sequim is nice; just in the middle of nowhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, probably not fair, Sequim is nice; just in the middle of nowhere. </div></div>

And filled with old people, lol... lot's and lot's of old people...

I asked a question that I think was legitimate as to how the gunS would have an outcome on cases.
Let me point out that I did not make the first post and in that first post it says GUNS, not GUN.
If it was one gun, say so.
The post says guns, plural,[ singular, it is a gun.]
The post also says that this is not a first offense.
The key words here are gun and guns, plural.
I am not trying to pick a fight, but post what is right.
Are some assholes going to get off because of a loss in the chain of evidence?
I hope they don't move to my AO if they get off because of this but I think we all know how lawyers work.
It pisses me off but I all too often hear;
"I thought I made a mistake, but upon further review, I realized I had not."
If someone fucked up, Man up and say so. Tell the truth'
It is much easier to tell the truth than to have to remember lies.
Regards, FM

Mike - it's not her first offense, it's her second charge- the first one her dad turned her in - for having a gun that was supposed to have been destroyed.

So what it sounds like, and sorry unless you were local you would not have known this, is that she ALLEGEDLY stole MANY guns and sold them to people.

So when this article came out, voila hey it's a second offense charge...

And I can completely see how it happened - I watched fireworks be distributed to other officers after confiscation.

I only dare WONDER what happened to that 69 POUNDS of MJ we confiscated from a guy - stunk up the station for days...they were dropping 40 dollar bags all teh way to the evidence room! LOL

Arctic Light,
Believe me, I do understand.
I worked out of the same building as the LEOs did for 25 years and before that as a wrecker driver for 8 years so I do know what went on back then.
In ways I wish things were like they were before, but know the Old Guys are gone and only wonder how it goes now.
The Old Guys knew when to hold them and knew when to fold them.
Everything now is so PC that they ruin young lives when a really good tongue lashing or a walk behind the patrol car solved a lot of problems.
Things were done in a different way and a sore rib or knot on the head made a lasting effect on a young offender, done in a way that the lesson was learned and nobody said shit.
I am glad that I grew up in that era, but did see a lot of wrong doing as far as illegal searches with cars I towed in.
The LEOs called it inventory but could just as well said, 1 suitcase. 1 duffle bag and tagged it as such without going through everything in it and if they found something calling for a search warrant.
I am not saying that they didn't have probable cause or doubt about things, just get the warrant before you do it not after you have found something.
Oh for the good Old Days when the Bill of Rights really meant something and everyone honored it.
That said, I hope no criminal cases were compromised by this thief and she gets what is coming to her,
Probably a slap on the hand and don't do that again, Regards, FM

I'm not shocked by this, as we in Memphis TN have had our problems with this type of thing. In fact, we had a problem with our (MPD's) property clerk, resulting in indictments etc. Over a THREE year period, according to our DA, 116.6 Kilograms of cocain, with a street value estimated at $2,332,408.00 and 559.8 pounds of marijuana with a street value estimated at $447,876.00 could not be accounted for. Auditors also identified $147,218.26 in cash along with 66 firearms were missing!
I sure hope this isn't "business as normal" around the nation, as it could easily lead to criminals walking away scott free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were these guns evidence in active criminal cases?
Just curious. Regards, FM </div></div>

In the article the gun was supposed to have been destroyed. At that point it's no longer part of an active case... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked a question that I think was legitimate as to how the gunS would have an outcome on cases.
Let me point out that I did not make the first post and in that first post it says GUNS, not GUN.
If it was one gun, say so.
The post says guns, plural,[ singular, it is a gun.]
The post also says that this is not a first offense.
The key words here are gun and guns, plural.
I am not trying to pick a fight, but post what is right.
Are some assholes going to get off because of a loss in the chain of evidence?
I hope they don't move to my AO if they get off because of this but I think we all know how lawyers work.
It pisses me off but I all too often hear;
"I thought I made a mistake, but upon further review, I realized I had not."
If someone fucked up, Man up and say so. Tell the truth'
It is much easier to tell the truth than to have to remember lies.
Regards, FM
</div></div>

Are you seriously getting bent over me not pluralizing "gun(s)"? The gunS were to have been destroyed which means they are past the point of relevancy in a case and therefor ordered to be destroyed by the courts. No one is getting off the hook for anything, luckily...

Broker, I am not getting bent about anything.
I don't think you were the first to post this thread, I think it was Arctic Light.
I live many miles from this so would probably not see anything in the local news.
It does say guns, that makes me wonder about how bad of a problem it is.
She was caught with one in a car, but how am I to know how many she had stolen and stashed at home?
I am not trying to bash anyone, just asking questions that I feel are legitimate.
How am I to know if I don't ask questions?
Did I hit a nerve?
Regards, FM

I just ran across this, just a few days ago! Wow, this is bad, looks like there won't be any prosecution.
Police say four kilos of heroin valued at $500,000 were stolen from an evidence locker at the Will County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators say someone slipped through an opening in the fence and cut the padlock that secured a container storing four individually-wrapped kilos of heroin, Fox Chicago reports.

Marijuana, a saw, a bow-and-arrow set, and several other small items were also stolen, according to the Chicago Tribune. The items had been secured in a storage container on a lot where the impounded vehicles are stored, a significantly less secure location than is standard for valuable evidence, experts told the Tribune.

The loss is considered a major setback in Will County's efforts to combat the region's heroin epidemic, which has caused 22 fatal heroin overdoses this year alone, the Tribune reports. The theft could also significantly inhibit prosecution efforts in any narcotics cases dependent on the missing evidence.

"In cases where these drugs were the basis for the charge, boy I think the state's out of luck," Loyola University law professor Jamie Carey, who has written a book on courtroom evidence, told the Tribune. "If they don't have the contraband itself, I feel that they're not going to be able to proceed."

Okay, I give UP!! I thought this was just a few strange cases of drugs, guns, money etc. being stolen from the police, by police/or police employees, so after my last post, I did a very quick google search, it turns out, it is quite common!!! Or at least there are a lot of cases of drugs/money/guns/items of high value, that are stolen once they are seized/impounded by various police departments. Not only would the low life scum that was caught with the drugs the first time, not go to prison, but based on the little search I've done, the low life scum that now has the drugs doesn't seem to go to prison either. This is bad. I sure hope it can be turned around. I just saw this:

Inquiry into stolen drugs hits dead end

No leads in theft from police facility

February 10, 2011|Maria Cramer, Globe Staff

ShareE-mailPrint

Three years after Boston police revealed that at least one officer had stolen hundreds of bags of drugs from an evidence warehouse — a brazen crime that shook a department reeling from scandal — the case has quietly gone cold.

Investigators have been unable to find any physical evidence tying a specific person to the theft, and no one has come forward with information that could incriminate a suspect, according to police. No one has been arrested or disciplined in connection with the case.

I wonder how much of it got into the local jails?

Not saying all jailers are bad,,,,but there are some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, I give UP!! I thought this was just a few strange cases of drugs, guns, money etc. being stolen from the police, by police/or police employees, so after my last post, I did a very quick google search, it turns out, it is quite common!!! Or at least there are a lot of cases of drugs/money/guns/items of high value, that are stolen once they are seized/impounded by various police departments. Not only would the low life scum that was caught with the drugs the first time, not go to prison, but based on the little search I've done, the low life scum that now has the drugs doesn't seem to go to prison either. This is bad. I sure hope it can be turned around. I just saw this:

Inquiry into stolen drugs hits dead end

No leads in theft from police facility

February 10, 2011|Maria Cramer, Globe Staff

ShareE-mailPrint

Three years after Boston police revealed that at least one officer had stolen hundreds of bags of drugs from an evidence warehouse — a brazen crime that shook a department reeling from scandal — the case has quietly gone cold.

Investigators have been unable to find any physical evidence tying a specific person to the theft, and no one has come forward with information that could incriminate a suspect, according to police. No one has been arrested or disciplined in connection with the case.
</div></div>

Happend all the time, Paw. I remember years ago I was going to school in Corpus Christi Texas. My buddy dated this cute latina chick with a 427 (?) Ford Mustang Cobra. Her dad, Henry Castro, was head of the local narcotics unit. A couple of years later I read he got busted for stealing the Heroin that they confiscated from the junkies. Got demoted but didnt lose his job or go to jail.

The way I see it people are people. Good, Bad, and everything in between. In any given community, be it cops, snipers, or carpenters, there are saints and sinners. Normal and to be expected. The problem is when it gets covered up, and they, cops, being in a position of authority are in a elevated position to cover it up.

Happened right here in Charlottesvile. A LEO was texting while driving and hit a guy in a wheelchair a crosswalk. Granted, the signal had changed before he got across, but they ended up giving the guy a ticker, and even the chief (who I know) helped cover it up til finally the media published the fact that the officer was texting, and had in fact ben disiplined for the same thing in the past.

Human nature.

Good, Bad, Ugly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL better than Gorst or Sequim.

BTW Artic I'll be back in Dec for another freeze your butt off range day. </div></div>

Right on! I *HOPE* to be shooting an M40A1 that I am saving/selling to buy - hopefully I'll have it by then because I just sold *MY* stock today...

Broker, I await your answer.
I think I did hit a nerve.
How many guns are involved with this shit stinky thing?
Who knows how many guns were stolen? Do you?
Are all of the firearms involved slated for destruction?
Is this incedent within your AO and your feelers are hurt?
As far as being bent, I am not, but do wonder if you are and/or need to "Get bent."
Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, I await your answer.
As far as being bent, I am not, but do wonder if you are and/or need to "Get bent."
Regards, FM

</div></div>

I didn't respond because I didn't realize you were asking me directly, but since you feel the need to be an ass then you can go find the answers to your questions on your own since I have better things to waste my time on than people evading natural selection while waiting for the short bus... So keep waiting but please do so between the white and yellow lines...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, I await your answer.
Regards, FM

</div></div>

Hey Mike - I'm not thinking he intended to offend you - it's a joke around here about Gorst...

I posted it all, and Broker is correct, these are all post-trial destructions where apparantly an appeal was not going to happen (Wow must be from 1970's then) -

SUPPOSEDLY either there was no case with them, ie confiscated, or the cases were done.

So far there are 2 known guns, it's how many are unknown that they are worried about now...although I'm sure she's spilling her beans by now...(Or attorney'd up).

I was a reserve officer there, posted the original story and this is part of the reason I left that place...

Miscommunication maybe, Broker lives in the same town I do, which is even less classy than Sequim is LOL (Home of the Bremelo!)

NO SHIT STORY: I wrote this modified song version many times when I drove by Bremelo's.
You can ID them as being the large single women pushing a stroller with out a man nearby..

For some reason I started singing that and my girlfriend busted a gut before she said it was not nice...

Sung to the tune of I'm Just a Gigilo
I'm just a Bremelo....
And everywhere I go...
People don't wanna know my name.

They don't care to ask me to dance
Never paying for romance.

Oh what they say..

But there will come a day, when youth will pass away
What will they say about me?
Cuz when the end comes I know, that I'm just a Bremelo -
LIFE goes on without me..</span>
LOL

Arctic Light... very nice and appropriate song.

I had to let one of my officers go in the spring for something similiar. I'm a vet from a large dept. and now a Sgt. for a very small dept. with a chief who lets anything go. If looking at the post count, I'm a noobie, but I've been around enough to see enough stuff like this. It can demoralize a small dept. (and large departments). Bad deal but people need to be held accountable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm just a Bremelo....
And everywhere I go...
People don't wanna know my name.

They don't care to ask me to dance
Never paying for romance.

Oh what they say..

But there will come a day, when youth will pass away
What will they say about me?
Cuz when the end comes I know, that I'm just a Bremelo -
LIFE goes on without me..</span>
LOL </div></div>

Thanks dude... not exactly the song I wanted stuck in my head for the day lmao...

Arctic Light, thanks for the explanation. It answered a few questions I had.
Broker, I will be the Ass here. No problem, but I do feel some wiggle room for you also.

In the order of how these posts came down, I did feel you were getting after me for asking so many questions.
I will try diligently to keep it between the yellow and white lines and think, but do not know what you mean by that. Maybe I can keep it between the right of way fences.
I am not privy to all the jokes up there so how would I know?
Loss of evidence is a very serious matter and can go down the line where court cases are won or lost by actions such as this woman did.
With that I, I think I will no longer post here and wish all the best of luck as to cleaning out their houses.
I have wondered if you had a dog in this fight.
There have been a lot of court cases lost where the defendant was guilty as sin and evidence lost of compromised let them walk.
There are also cases where someone from LEO has ended up with firearms from cases that were slated for destruction yet ended up in LEOs safe, not that I think that is wrong, just needs a little auction time for that firearm.
It is a sin to destroy fine quality firearm just because they were uses in the wrong way.
Imagine a matched number Artillery Luger with matching number magazines and matching number stock/holster being cut down under order of the court because it was used in a crime!!
I saw it happen 25 years ago.
It should have been auctioned off and the proceeds going to the LEO unit or placed in a museum. I cried, tears down my face.
Regards, FM

I have zero problem with a police force entering a weapon that has been seized, used in prosecution etc. on to their property book. It may be used as an educational tool in many different ways, but to end up in someones safe-not being paid for-NO. This sounds more like a low life piece of shit thief, if he/she happens to be a LE employ it doesn't change a thing. A thief is a thief, regardless of what job they happen to have at the time. I feel the same way about money/items of high value(or low value)/etc. it doesn't matter what it is, if one uses the cover of LE to steal, they aren't any the less a thief! I for one am glad when the real pro's catch these low life pieces of crap. I'm sure any professional cop is sad it happens, but glad they were able to sift out the shit from the profession whenever one of these assholes is caught. I just wish they would get "extra" time, not less. Kind of like a felon with a gun, extra time, any LE caught using their job as a tool to steal/other crimes, should carry extra time. The honest professionals wouldn't have a problem with this-it would never apply to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Broker, I will be the Ass here. No problem, but I do feel some wiggle room for you also.

In the order of how these posts came down, I did feel you were getting after me for asking so many questions.
I will try diligently to keep it between the yellow and white lines and think, but do not know what you mean by that...

With that I, I think I will no longer post here and wish all the best of luck as to cleaning out their houses.
I have wondered if you had a dog in this fight.
</div></div>

1. Thanks Dad...

2. If I was coming down on you I would have dropped a piano, not made a statement simply answering one of your numerous questions that obviously the answer didn't do it for you... and I meant go stand in the middle of the street, ergo between the lines and in traffic.

3. Cleaning out their houses? Dog in this fight? I'm glad you've decided to stop commenting because your wasting server space with stupid comments that are borderline accusatory...

Sorry AL, I wasn't trying to trash your thread. All I did was try and answer his questions and he decided to try and lecture/debase me with his stupidity. My bad though...
"Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

From the idiot, I get a better sense of where you are coming from.
We will have to agree to disagree.
I don't know where you are coming from;
You have a dog in this fight and/or your feelers are hurt.
I did not mean for this thread to become a fight and will entertain no more hassles.
Obviously, I have pushed your buttons.
I will do so no more.
Let it end here.
Regards, FM
PS Thank you to Arctic Light for the guidance on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the idiot, I get a better sense of where you are coming from.
We will have to agree to disagree.
I don't know where you are coming from;
You have a dog in this fight and/or your feelers are hurt.
I did not mean for this thread to become a fight and will entertain no more hassles.
Obviously, I have pushed your buttons.
I will do so no more.
Let it end here.
Regards, FM
PS Thank you to Arctic Light for the guidance on this. </div></div>

Lol... No dog and no hurt feelings, but yes you've managed to annoy me... so much for not commenting further I guess.

This type of crap keeps both criminals: the original criminal , and the "LE" criminal out of jail, we (America) are poorer for it. I was wondering if this sort of crap has been going on in my state of Tennessee, I found this from not long ago:
((McCadams is an elected DA, he along with the Sheriff are the subject of this investigation, looks like they may be in a little trouble))

In the audit, McCadams is accused of occasionally using confiscated drug task force equipment -- a BMW Z-3 sports car, Harley Davidson motorcycle, a golf cart, a go-cart, a four-wheeler and trailer for his personal use.

The audit also mentions that McCadams allowed the drug task force helicopter to transport dignitaries to Henry County High School football games.

Attempts to reach McCadams were not successful Wednesday evening.

Other people mentioned in the audit report include the audit.
<span style="text-decoration: underline">an administrative assistant for the drug task force and her ex-husband for taking drugs and other seized items and a group of jail trustees on a work detail, who gained access to drug case files, smoked crack cocaine and marijuana, stole cash and old coins while at the drug task force headquarters, according to</span>