• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

police shooting - justified?

Re: police shooting - justified?

Second gun present, so at first blush, it looks pretty righteous. But what the hell do I know....I'm just a video IFB....and not a Leo.

Bob

I have seen another longer video on this one.The bad guy rounds the corner looking for the cop that was behind him possibly to ambush him when the other cop suprised him. The bad guy had his other hand ( right hand )on a gun tucked in the small of his back, and if you watch closely he was pulling it out as the officer was telling him to put the rifle down. The other officer behind him sees his partner about to get shot, yells gun and shoots the suspect, after the suspect is on the ground, his right hand is still gripping the pistol that was concealed in the small of his back that he was about to use on the officer. OR he was about to comply and did not tell the officers he has two of them dropping one of them and grabbing for the second to put it down when the cop preceives the threat to his partner and yells gun and shoots. I am sure his dept. ruled it as justifiable. In my experiance when a bad guy has 2 guns, he will drop the first one and keep his hands away from the area of the 2nd gun so he dont get shot, and tells the officers he has another one on him, or complys, and hopes the 2nd wont get found until he has time to try to ditch it and when hes caught with it denies its his lol. Either way what was this dumb ass kid doing with those guns anyway? Welcome to my world.

I think these show that what the camera saw may not be what really happened. Watch number 1 first, see if you think it's legit then watch #2. Sorry if this is a repost.
#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7At5RyV_yo
#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEiRQoALcs

sorry I have no idea how to embed the videos

Re: The first video, it looks bad at first, but it appears he may have had something in his waistband. Also the video looks a little fake, must be a training video

my fist thought was no then i watched it again and he was pulling a pistol

Click the button below for full reply
Look for the little square box next to the bullet box
Click it and a menu will drop down so you can choose what video site link you have
When the window opens, PASTE your link into it and hit submit

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7At5RyV_yo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7At5RyV_yo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Clean shoot there!! No doubt in my mind the officer made the right call in the first one. Can't say with the one Switch posted because the angles are a little fucked up. One thing is certain though...it appears that the officer doing the shooting in the second one needs to spend some more time working on movers while under stress. His shooting skills don't appear to be up to par. I mean its not bullseye or anything and I know his adrenaline is jacked up and all and its a two-way range but geezus!!! I'd like to see the video from another angle before even thinking about calling that shoot clean or not. In all fairness, I'm sure the officers on the scene had a better grasp for what was actually happening more so than what the video was showing though.

Chad

Where's eleaf?

I am sure these are way out of department policy, illegal, abusive blah blah blah.

Good shoot, even though the perp didn't have a gun. Turns out it was a cell phone, but he was presenting it as a weapon trying to bluff the officers. No different that the guy who makes it look like he has a gun in his pocket when commiting a robbery and gets wacked.