• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Polished turd of the year

Re: Polished turd of the year

i cant believe they are selling crap like that and expecting that much for it. some people just shouldn't be aloud in public!

Yes but they are magpul.
And they're new so that's good.
It would be funny to bid this up way higher.

This turd has been relished 3-4 times if you click the original OP link and keep clicking the new auction. Everytime it sells for less....

Funny part is that that is not allowed. I had a gun store do that to me when I bid on a ar barrel a few years back and when it and the stock I had tried to get got relisted I called and told them to mail it to me now for my original low bid or I was going to report them to GB and their account would have been locked. Hell all it takes is one person to report this "polished turd" and he would be banned from that particular site.

Every time the gun "sells" gunbroker gets a cut.
Maybe this guy doesn't know that he's out money every time he buys his own gun.
That would be truly funny.
If that's the case he'll shit when he sees his credit card statement.
He could also be building multiple clones, and selling them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time the gun "sells" gunbroker gets a cut.
He could also be building multiple clones, and selling them. </div></div>

My guess is he's filing a non paying bidder report, closing it, and he doesn't get charged a fee. Very dishonest and GB would boot him if they find out.

its crazy what things are selling for right now. theres a CA compliant scar 17 on there thats already over $5k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time the gun "sells" gunbroker gets a cut.
He could also be building multiple clones, and selling them. </div></div>

My guess is he's filing a non paying bidder report, closing it, and he doesn't get charged a fee. Very dishonest and GB would boot him if they find out. </div></div>

Don't think for a second that GunBroker isn't laughing all the way to the bank during this panic. They have every incentive to keep the prices high.

i sent him a question asking how many times he was going to try and sell the exact same gun.... ill see if he contacts me back.

Edit: He emailed me back. Here is the response

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually it is not the same gun. I built 50 of these and I am selling them one by one. Since they use the same parts I am using the same listing. No sense in taking pictures of identical guns over and over.

It would be stupid of me to bid it up with other account names because GunBroker charges a listing fee every time you list it and a final value fee every time you sell one. It costs about $60 each time one sells so if I was doing what your suggesting I would go broke in no time if they were not actually selling. Also if I was doing that I would do longer 3-5 day listings instead of 1 day listings to give more time for people to find and bid on it. The reason you are seeing it every day on one day listings is because I want to sell all of them while the market is hot before things calm down.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mall Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what OBR's are running for on the "street" currently, but I think this guy is a little "off". Granted this rifle is higher end but I don't think as high as he's asking for

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326305980 </div></div>

That's almost getting into NFA territory

Polished turd goes to the fucker that sold my wife's uncle a dpms panther a4 or some piece of shit like it. It was used but came with 50 rounds. He paid him 2k, and that is no shit. A fucking $700 range gun and gets $2k for it used in the UP of MI. Really WTF? Dude needs to be a used car salesman.

That guy is doing very well.
He pegged the market beforehand (or was lucky), and had the balls to be ready for it.
Kudos

Something is worth (at that given moment) exactly what somebody else is willing to pay.
Foreseeing demand, and being prepared has its rewards.
The ad makes uninformed buyers "feel" as though they are getting more than they are.
The yankee hill FF tubes are fine tubes IMO.
The accessories are air-soft.

Even still, he doesn't lie in his add once.

Other than the amusement, what the hell do you guys care if some seller gets paid big? It's none of your business. As long as they aren't lying like your stereotypical used-car salesman, all the power to them.

No one is "ripping you off". You rip yourself off maybe, but no one is ripping you off. They can sell for whatever the hell price they want.

Bunch of friggin free shit army cry babies in here...

Just too much derp on GB for everyones sake. The rate of rape has already exceeded that of local gunshows

deleted---I keep forgetting you cannot argue morals, values, integrity and honor on the net. Like pissing in the ocean, it won't change anything!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaribouLou45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bunch of friggin free shit <span style="font-weight: bold">army</span> cry babies in here... </div></div>

My, that is a 'grown up and intelligent' statement!...and apparently by someone who thinks their shit don't stink? Rocket Scientist are we? </div></div>

Maybe that could've been worded better on his part. Either way though, he has a point. The auction started at 1 cent, so it's not the sellers fault people are paying FAR too much for an abortion of an AR. It's no ones fault but the buyers. I'm no district attorney, but I'm pretty sure it's not murder if you shoot yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaribouLou45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than the amusement, what the hell do you guys care if some seller gets paid big? It's none of your business. As long as they aren't lying like your stereotypical used-car salesman, all the power to them.

No one is "ripping you off". You rip yourself off maybe, but no one is ripping you off. They can sell for whatever the hell price they want.

Bunch of friggin free shit army cry babies in here...</div></div>

I am fluent in over 6 million forms of language and niether i nor my buddy r2d2 know what the hell a "free shit army crybabies" is

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaribouLou45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bunch of friggin free shit <span style="font-weight: bold">army</span> cry babies in here... </div></div>

My, that is a 'grown up and intelligent' statement!...and apparently by someone who thinks their shit don't stink? Rocket Scientist are we?</div></div>

If you are trying to correct me for typing army and not Army, I'm not talking about the U.S. Army. FSA/free shit army = term for those who think everything should be given to them; they are entitled to things.

If you want you can smell my shit. See if it stinks anymore, any less than yours.

If this is a Marxist forum where we bitch about those who make money as well as buy stuff and then bitch about them "having the nerve to charge so much", let me know and I'll leave. I've lurked this forum for quite sometime now and thought this was a technical forum. On a side note, also don't know why this thread is in the semi-auto forum and not general discussion but that's for the moderators to decide, not me.

I'm not looking for a fight, just wanted to clarify what I meant for you. If you want an internet couch-commando battle, you won.

I shall follow your short stay here, it shall bring thee periods of warmth and enlightenment i forsee

Doing an advanced search he has "sold" 10 of these so far. Grand total of all sales $33,000!!! He has "sold" 3 of them for over 4k each.

Not all of the bidders have NR, there were quite a few with over 5 feedback on them.

I don't think anyone here is complaining, marveling maybe.
I think the guy is a marketing natural, a case study.
I honored him.
I think you glossed over the posts and assumed.

I think Mr. T was wrong...Don't pity the fool.
Get him to buy your shit.

This thread illustrates the saying "fortune favors the prepared." If the guy did build 50 rifles- even at pre-craziness prices- he is out a serious investment. Auction sites give the best- real time- gauge of market price. That the current market is full of uninformed buyers is not the fault of the seller. Nor is it his obligation to inform them. As long as his ad is accurate, the item is as described when delivered, and the item is delivered promptly he is ethically solid. In my opinion, with the size of his initial investment he deserves the rewards. If only I had a huge wad of cash and a crystal ball...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread illustrates the saying "fortune favors the prepared." If the guy did build 50 rifles- even at pre-craziness prices- he is out a serious investment. Auction sites give the best- real time- gauge of market price. That the current market is full of uninformed buyers is not the fault of the seller. Nor is it his obligation to inform them. As long as his ad is accurate, the item is as described when delivered, and the item is delivered promptly he is ethically solid. In my opinion, with the size of his initial investment he deserves the rewards. If only I had a huge wad of cash and a crystal ball... </div></div>

I agree completely - especially with the auctions that started at $0.01 or some reasonable cost instead of $8k for an AR. The seller is no more guilty than someone who bought Apple stock at $80 a few years back and sold it at $700 when it peaked.

In both cases it's an arms-length transaction, with both parties entering into agreement voluntarily. Fortune favors the prepared seems accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread illustrates the saying "fortune favors the prepared." If the guy did build 50 rifles- even at pre-craziness prices- he is out a serious investment. Auction sites give the best- real time- gauge of market price. That the current market is full of uninformed buyers is not the fault of the seller. Nor is it his obligation to inform them. As long as his ad is accurate, the item is as described when delivered, and the item is delivered promptly he is ethically solid. In my opinion, with the size of his initial investment he deserves the rewards. If only I had a huge wad of cash and a crystal ball... </div></div>

I agree completely - especially with the auctions that started at $0.01 or some reasonable cost instead of $8k for an AR. The seller is no more guilty than someone who bought Apple stock at $80 a few years back and sold it at $700 when it peaked.

In both cases it's an arms-length transaction, with both parties entering into agreement voluntarily. Fortune favors the prepared seems accurate. </div></div>

This

I figures a gun of such high quality would be wearing a countersniper scope and easily go for double the winning bid. It is "mil-spec" and all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Masked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Psh. Didn't you know? Those Pmags are worth $100/per.

To think it started life at only $800... </div></div>

Isn't that the truth... This has been my gauge of a worthwhile gunshop around the Denver area. If they "only" marked pmags up to $30, as opposed to others who are effortlessly selling them for $100, I will continue to shop there in the future. I hate to rant, but the gouging is bothersome.

Are all those buyers stupid?

Or is it you fools for not having stocked up to make a profit in this up market?

Sellers aren't gouging if people are lining up to sell at that price.

And buyers aren't stupid if you can't find it anywhere else.

Many here think your better than these sellers because you just hold onto what you have.

Oh the blasphemy!! To consider making a profit from selling something when people are willing to pay it.

I call that good business sense.

If you dickwads had prepared properly maybe you'd have extra to sell right now too.

Buy stock when it's low and sell when it's high. Called smart business.

Buy when gun prices are low and sell high. It's bothersome to the idiots of the world that don't grasp free market concepts.

I have a Bud, that had a romanian AK. $500, when he bought it. I said"Throw it in the store for $1500" Who Knows? It sold in 2 days. He was happy, till another "Bud" sold his for 2800, at a different store. Now my name is mud, for the "bad advice".

That's pretty good! I found a rra bolt carrier group last week on gunbroker for BIN$1199.99.-hahaha