• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Polishing my 10FCP action to make it more smooth ?

josey88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
It is a brand new rifle and the action of the bolt is not as "fluid" as I would like . Is there anything I can do , like polishing the action , to smooth it out and what parts should I polish in particular ? I can use the green or white polishing paste since I have both . Thanks

Re: Polishing my 10FCP action to make it more smooth ?

Search for "diy savage bolt lift kit". This will make the bolt lift smoother.

Beyond that, I ran my bolthead against a 3M Scotchbrite wheel on a bench grinder to "fare in" the forwardmost corners/edges. When closing the bolt, you'll notice the top passenger side corner of the bolt head tends to "catch" a little on the receiver, as it enters the forward ring of the receiver. Laying back that corner made it run smoother for sure.

Beyond that, rounds down range smooths them out. Mine is at about 5000 rounds and feels pretty good now. Felt like garbage new.

I will research into that , thanks

Shoot it. My bolt is much smoother after 1500 or so rounds than it was when it was new.