• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POLITICAL FORUM

goober

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Auckland , New Zealand
Would Lowlight ever entertain having an area on the site for political current events -would you 20k plus memebers like it given one can discuss most other issues right down to yOur jock strap ?

It seems to me as a forum grows its members there are other areas people might like to explore .

I do appreciate Frank has his reasons which are more than obvious given the scrappin over other posts where people have different opinions -whats the difference providing the members are here for the right reasons

Just cause I am called Ch'e doesnt mean you'll finally find out I'm a pinko commie vegaterian lesbian space monster -JUST ASKIN LOWLIGHT

Re: POLITICAL FORUM

No,

This site will not entertain political discussion and to be honest, I don't like the minor politics people try to force on here or to slide on by.

it's polarizing, ripe for abuse, in a word, ugly and I won't have it. And believe me I understand adding a politics section will instantly increase my membership and post count to a record high.. all with people who don't belong here and will spill over into other areas.

This place should be about, shooting, not politics, shooting. It shouldn't matter your race, color, religion, or political bent, if you enjoy shooting and talking about shooting that is enough.

Thanks, for asking though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This place should be about, shooting, not politics, shooting.</div></div>

Amen, brother!

And this site already has too much traffic to keep up with. I'd be pleased to see more restrictions on posts not related to long-distance precision rifle shooting.

There are lots of places to discuss politics. Those who want to do so should go find one - or several.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are lots of places to discuss politics.</div></div>Indeed there are lots of <span style="font-style: italic">better</span> places to discuss politics. But there is no better place to discuss tactical marksmanship and musketry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...musketry.</div></div>

That's what we need at the next Rifles Only/Sniper's Hide match - a musket stage...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But there is no better place to discuss tactical marksmanship and musketry. </div></div>

+1,000,000,000,000...... No where else but the HIDE!!!!....Thanks Frank!!!..for this place!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh oh I'm in for the musketry. </div></div>

Indeed... I could be down with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This place should be about, shooting, not politics, shooting.</div></div>

Amen, brother!
</div></div>

Amen, and AMEN!!!

There have been a couple of threads lately that have skirted the edge of being "political" in nature (at least that's what they turned in to) and the polarizing effect could be felt pretty quickly. Its bad for the members, bad for the overall mission of the site and adds nothing to the greater knowledgebase here.

Like grandma used to say...it ain't polite to discuss politics or religion. Words to live by!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh oh I'm in for the musketry. </div></div>Indeed... I could be down with that. </div></div>Musketry - the technique of using small arms (especially in battle).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...musketry.</div></div>That's what we need at the next Rifles Only/Sniper's Hide match - a musket stage...
laugh.gif
</div></div>As a former Musketry NCO, I would be willing to design one.
laugh.gif

I told Fidel it was a bad idea and that Lowlight would wrap it up quick smart, tight like a fine cuban as he is as quick as a fox ! Proved by him being first to post ! Merry Xmas all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are lots of places to discuss politics.</div></div>Indeed there are lots of <span style="font-style: italic">better</span> places to discuss politics. But there is no better place to discuss tactical marksmanship and musketry. </div></div>

+1 This is the best shooting/firearm forum on the Internet. Let's keep it that way.

I agree, in my opinion, certain sections could/should be done away with.

Does the type of camera you have to take XX.X megapixel pics have much to do with marksmanship?

ch'e,
Do you think it would be wise to add political figures/policy to a site that is more than likely, monitored VERY closely by those same individuals, or organizations?

One reason I came to this site because of the lack garbage you can find on an AR15 site. Not to mention, most of the members here, have integrity you won't find elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think it would be wise to add political figures/policy to a site that is more than likely, monitored VERY closely by those same individuals, or organizations?
</div></div>

Actually, that would be one of the strongest arguments for adding it
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you think it would be wise to add political figures/policy to a site that is more than likely, monitored VERY closely by those same individuals, or organizations?
</div></div>

Dude, the poster that has adopted the name of a dead murdering, marxist, douchebag - presumably b/c on some level it squares up with his own world view - doesn't live in the U.S.. What does he care?

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Dude, the poster that has adopted the name of a dead murdering, marxist, douchebag - presumably b/c on some level it squares up with his own world view - doesn't live in the U.S.. What does he care?</span>

Good luck </div></div>

My post recognizes what is happening on this site right now TODAY ! Have a look at the post right now in the bear Pit-gays in the army yes or no -its political -Mexicans and how to keep them out
<span style="color: #CC0000">
Quote from another forum</span> -<span style="color: #FF0000">-Also, given this Supreme Court ruling: Murdock vs. Pennsylvania 319 US 105, the Supreme Court ruled: "A state cannot impose a license, tax or fee on a constitutionally protected right.”

I can't see how the NRA or any politicians haven't taken this battle up yet!! Ohhh wait, I can....[color:#FF0000]everyones corrupt in our government...and the NRA is as much a bureaucracy as the ATF....</span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">But honestly, I really hope that there is some future to the fight to repeal any and all infringements upon our civil liberties, not just the 2nd, but all, the government is out of control.and how to keep them out and on and on</span> .[/color]-unquote

If we are going to post this stuff why not open a proper place to debate this shit - or as some of our older member's have pointed out WTF has this got to do with rifle shooting .

Mo_zam_bek it is a funny thing also with some of the guys here chest puffing with patriotism calling me anti American , communist and other things all because my handle is Ch'e and my opinions may on some occasions be different to theirs . MY opinions are molded by the world I see and my travels and by my expectations of acceptable normality ..
You say "what does he care " your point is actually quite scary if you think about it - teggy1 mentions being basically afraid of your own government as they will be reading this and you support that view it appears by saying "what do I care". Please remember also there are far more things politically to talk about than just the USA -we could talk about the Waihope spy base that the USA uses here to eves drop on the world -and of course other shit -I think your a little close minded or didn't consider fully that statement through about me . Your view on Mr Guevara who's fight originally started out against corrupt governments-his war started as a war for the poor - now with your own words of disdain for his doings have you considered your own Governments practices thru central America -I just ask before you sleep with a pure mind ,would you out your own for the same and say it here ? This is really why Lowlight would not entertain a political forum -the truth is a nasty thing especially for the politically bewildered.

This post is in no way meant to be political as I respect Lowlights will about politics and was only meant to express a view and an alternative touch of reality

Someone just got told.

Che'e, have you not been paying attention. Blood feuds have started over topics on 3 shot groups. Grown men shilling over petty jealousy on rifles, rage rises like a kraken over who has the best glass.

And you think we're ready for politics?

We have here rough men ready to do violence on their neighbours cat lest it stray and ravage their petunias. Damn your politics man. Tell me instead sir where I can purchase or effect myself a petunia and geranium ghillie suit. Fucking cats! They're after my guns I tell all...!

EventHorizon said:
Someone just got told.

Che'e, have you not been paying attention. Blood feuds have started over topics on 3 shot groups. Grown men shilling over petty jealousy on rifles, rage rises like a kraken over who has the best glass.

And you think we're ready for politics?

We have here rough men ready to do violence on their neighbours cat lest it stray and ravage their petunias. Damn your politics man. Tell me instead sir where I can purchase or effect myself a petunia and geranium ghillie suit. Fucking cats! They're after my guns I tell all...! [/quote

<span style="color: #FF0000">You put a big smile on my dial Event horizon -all you said is a 5 shot 1/4" group</span>

Ch'e, we don't "Spy" on the rest of the world from NZ. We "Monitor." "Spying" by definition is illegal. Flying a spy plane through a countries soveriegn airspace without permission is spying. Flying a recce bird along the border, but not incurring into the other countries airspace, is NOT spying. Collecting free flying electrons from the sky is not the same as illegally entering a country to obtain sensitive information. People throw the term "Spy" around WAY too liberally...

With that being said, you've got some very good points about how there is a whole WORLD out there beyond our borders here that a lot people seem to forget or just don't care about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Political discussion not directly related to firearms and shooting related issues are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters. The posting of political or religious material will be deemed disruptive and maybe result in disciplinary action without notice or warning. Sniper's Hide has zero tolerance for political posts of any kind. Whether under guise of a political joke, or a blatant propaganda piece, no political posts means, no political posts, period.

</div></div>

Please, the last thing ever this forum needs is a dedicated politics forum. It would never get anywhere EVER. Who even wants that? All it ever is, is a bunch of oppinions the people try to state as fact because its what they believe. And of course anyone else will debate it instanty. Seriously, people's political views are about as useful as their dirty underwear.

There are only two real reasons anyone is interested in someone elses political oppinion and that's to either validate their own by agreeing, or validate their own by debating someone with a different oppinion and "proving" them wrong.

Its all about as useful as old women gossiping in a hair salon, or a bunch of old drunk men talking about women they "could have had." Who cares, the last thing I ever want is to see it here. And if you think that any one of the moderators would want to try and moniter that 24 hour mud slinging pit you are fooling yourself.

NLY205 I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would enjoy a forum area . There are some very intelligent and politically verbal members on this forum .It is now a mute point though as it has already been politely dismissed by Lowlight

No politics and No religion has been one of the best rules Frank has implemented.

Someone lock this thread before it gets people pissed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NLY205 I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would enjoy a forum area . There are some very intelligent and politically verbal members on this forum .It is now a mute point though as it has already been politely dismissed by Lowlight</div></div>

"moot" is the word you are lookin for there.

The Hide needs a political forum like I need a 3rd nut........not at all! I'm sure if someone on here really has a burning desire to talk about politics specifically, they can find a forum to do so. Lowlight and the mods have a hard enough time keeping the bullshit to a minimum with the forums that are available currently, why throw gas on the fire? They had to lock the Hot Girlfriends Thread because people couldn't act right and that was just pics of tits and ass!! I mean really, how do you f*ck up so bad looking at tits and ass where they have to do away with it? lol

Kelly

I find I can discuss all the politics I want to here on The 'Hide.

First off, I don't really want to discuss politics all that very much anyway.

And when I do, it's not abot partisan or philosophical politics It's about international/geoopolitical issues and such.

While I know I occasionally get rather close to my own self-defined edge, I don;t seem to attract quite as much flack as some here, and take that to mean I'm still on my own chosen course. If I thought i was in need of 'something more', i coudl oh so easily take it to some other site. It's noy like any of us are politically deprived, elsewhere.

The problems I have with political discussions, here and elsewhere, isn't with the views, but with the personal bitterness that always seems to follow.

LL's approach is right on the money in my book. This place is a lot better for it, and would not hold my loyalty if it didn't.

Greg

Greg