• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Polymer .45.. Which do you prefer?

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
What is your favorite polymer .45? (I like iron and polymer, I'm a 1911 fan also). I have a G21 & G30 but really would like to try the Springfield XD and the S&W M&P.

Re: Polymer .45.. Which do you prefer?

I've got a USP45CT. It conceals waaaaay better than a USP45f and I like the less blocky feel that the reduced grip has. HKs seem to be the only polymers I shoot well.

I have a 5" XD45. It's very accurate, though not very concealable unless winter coats are your thing. 1,000 rounds through mine of mixed FMJ and JHP with a hiccup.

I had an H&K Mk23 . It was huge and heavy . I sold it , and bought their .45 USP Tactical , as well as a Compact Tactical ...

I have a HK USP and the FNP-45 and highly recommend both of them over XD and the M&P. Just my 2 cents.
wink.gif

Kimber Polymer Stainless Target w/13rds of 230gr ball in the magazine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swerv512</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you like the G21, then you'll love the HK45 or USP45 </div></div>

Ain't necessarily so...

Love my G30...

Really like my G21...

My G36 is just ok...

My USP45 will do, but certainly ain't a favorite...

Ditto my USP45C...

Prolly like my Kahr P45 and PM45 best of all though...

No acounting for taste
wink.gif

1911Tupperware.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself
wink.gif

KahrP45 is a nifty slim carry plastic piece. G30's kick ass if you like blocky stuff with their grip angle. HK45's and USPc's have a large tacticoolness to them.
Had all I mentioned (except the HK45) and they're gone-I do better with the ones in my poster.

No issues with USP45 although it has bulk. Nice trigger DA or SA. Great accuracy, nice ergonomics. Worked in dusty/dirty conditions.
The FNP45 fixed some of the size issues I had with the USP, even better trigger, great accuracy. Best ergonomics. All around great weapon.
My latest favorite is a G30 with a G36 slide.

FNP-45. Comes with 3-14 round magazines. Very accurate. It is a little bulky though.

I have used a Glock 21, USP, HK45 and M&P. I personally decided on an XD45 Tactical. It fit my hand and pointed the best for me. Accuracy is good, reliability has been flawless.

YMMV

Ken

I've owned a Dan Wesson 1911 .45......and to compare it to my XD45 is really....well, no comparison. The DW is a great gun, but still a heavy metal framed gun that only carries a single stacked magazine.

My XD has a double stacked 13 rd magazine and is not only lighter in weight, but gives me the same grip angle as the beloved 1911 style guns but yet actually has a thinner width because of the polymer frame vs. screwed on grips of the 1911.

THE XD has been great on almost all types of ammo....with the exception of 175 grain SWC bullets....they didn't feed worth a crap. But any factory defensive ammo has functioned flawlessly through it.

5800 through my XD45 Compact, no problem, love it to death...plus the wife shoots it almost more than i do!!

1911 fan here but the XD frames point and shoot just like a 1911. I carry the XD45 compact, to me, a much better CC weapon than 1911. Plus, with the expanded mag on XD45 5", to have 16+1 in the mag of 230g 45.

Shot show in Jan, the XDM45 will be revealed.

Forgot about the XDc 45 I had, I would have to agree that the XD's would be my #1 choice for poly 45's.
There's aftermarket striker kits that make the trigger pull SWEET and you can also get parts to eliminate the long reset. (Powder River).