• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

pop up's

jonbearman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
roch,ny
Why am I being bombarded with pop up attempt's from this site in particular. I have to scan nightly to remove approximately 30 type's of spyware attempts and advertising tracking. Just wondering.

Re: pop up's

I don't have any problems running Firefox and Adblock Plus. I don't see any of the advertisements on the site (not a bad thing on my limited overseas bandwidth), and it has in the past saved me from some virus problems that tend to get hacked into advertisements.

I know ads is how the site makes money and I hate missing some of the discounts that only show up in the ad, but when you have IT Police that will cut you off if you use too much, you have to do something. If you're a site vendor just know that I and many others shop in the PX section, so don't forget to post the good deals up in there too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonbearman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why am I being bombarded with pop up attempt's from this site in particular. I have to scan nightly to remove approximately 30 type's of spyware attempts and advertising tracking. Just wondering.</div></div>

First time I heard of this and people are usually pretty quick when something like this happens.

I will take a look, but nothing is flagging on my end

I just tried it with the pop up blockers off, and nothing, I got nothing out of the ordinary, no pop up windows, nothing, so either your computer is locally infected with something or I have the safest computer ever.

So, inorder to check this, I need something more specific, a screen shot or something because nothing is coming up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just tried it with the pop up blockers off, and nothing, I got nothing out of the ordinary, no pop up windows, nothing, so either your computer is locally infected with something or I have the safest computer ever.

So, inorder to check this, I need something more specific, a screen shot or something because nothing is coming up. </div></div>

I tried it across a couple of different machines mac/winblows/linux...nothing. Pretty sure his machine is fubar.