• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Porch pirates and shipping claims

EMorr

I need a nap
Minuteman
So over the last 2 days I have had 2 shipments of reloading supplies stolen off of my door step, 1 was powder and the other was projectiles. For the powder I feel like I should have a pretty good claim as it is a haz-mat item and 100% should not have been released without an adult signature. The supplier of the powder has already told me that they will ship me a replacement so that's a plus.

I'm curious if any of you have had similar experiences with porch pirates and have you been successful with any claims against fedex or UPS as far as getting reimbursed when a package was delivered without a signature when one was requested and a sign was left on the door requesting the same.

A recipient can't claim against shipping company, only the shipper, so you have to deal with them.

I've had several packages not show up or were taken before I got to them. More often mis-delivery (see camera comment below)..

I've also had several ruined because the toss them onto my front porch from the lawn (I have a camera) and often when it's raining. I have explicit instructions to leave all packages in my car port, which is closer to the darned street and my driveway than the porch.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
While not inline with your story, I can share this: My wife had an item shipped, it was damaged. She filed a claim with UPS. Few days pass with nothing happening. I have an item on order that arrives by UPS, I'm home, fella hands me the package, then says he has a "damaged item shipping label". I don't know anything about this label, take the label. Will see what happens. She finally gets on the phone with the CS about the claim. The CS personnel states UPS has made 3 attempts to pick up the damaged item. I'm home most days when the delivery guys run thru the subdivision.

My point: The shipping companies are SO overwhelmed they are just "checking the box" with signatures, dropping off damage labels, etc etc etc I'll bet you are going to find out....someone signed for it.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Years ago a package from Hornady went missing. They called and asked a couple questions and sent replacements. Last year an Aimpoint was supposedly delivered by Amazon. Issued a refund that night.

My point: The shipping companies are SO overwhelmed they are just "checking the box" with signatures, dropping off damage labels, etc etc etc I'll bet you are going to find out....someone signed for it.

They don't even bother to ring the doorbell these days.

While not inline with your story, I can share this: My wife had an item shipped, it was damaged. She filed a claim with UPS. Few days pass with nothing happening. I have an item on order that arrives by UPS, I'm home, fella hands me the package, then says he has a "damaged item shipping label". I don't know anything about this label, take the label. Will see what happens. She finally gets on the phone with the CS about the claim. The CS personnel states UPS has made 3 attempts to pick up the damaged item. I'm home most days when the delivery guys run thru the subdivision.

Exactly. The days of getting good delivery service are over.

Just this week UPS driver (must have been a fill in driver) left 16 lbs of powder and my new primal rights CPS at the neighbors mailbox right on the side of the road. I live on a property not in a hood. Luckily I work from home

I walked down the road and saw it and got it.

Talk about being pissed. They don’t usually leave packages right at the road but we had some snowstorm recently.

They always sign for my hazmat deliveries however and leave them.

good luck catching them . a nameless shallow grave in the woods sounds fitting . nope mr. officer I never saw nothing , nothing

sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif

UPS "lost" 5 lbs. of H4895 of mine last week. The tracking indicated it made it to the local hub (Danville, VA) but magically, no one
could locate it after that.
The shipper (Powder Valley) made it right by sending another shipment, but that doesn't excuse UPS from being a bunch of fucktards.

Reactions: TACC
I've tracked packages and gotten a 'delivery was made' notice but found nothing on the porch. Then the scavenger hunt is on to find where the UPS guy left the package between the road and front door.

It's a steep hike down to the cabin and usually it's on a boulder or retention wall halfway down. We don't have any porch pirates out here, yet, so I don't mind.

I take advantage now of UPS's Truck Tracking service. Since I joined their network, when a package is shipped, it informs me when the truck is approaching my neighborhood. I can even see it being tracked on both my phone and web. So I know when the truck is approaching and I can be ready for it. Maybe I am a little lucky in that I'm at home mostly (I do work from home) but I've been successful with that.

As for "porch pirates," I say, give'm the "Mark Rober" treatment.

Mark Rober - Glitter Bomb vs. Package Thieves...

It will only get worse.... Bite the bullet and make the needed adjustments in your shipping / receiving.
An option I am using is to have the package held at a hub and I go pick it up. Another option is to get a Post Office Box. Valuables sent to my PO Box are held in the back room, not a keyed pick up box, and I sign for them at the counter. We are now paying the price for the comfort of deliveries left on the porch.

When you are living in a third world country you have to adjust to third world survival tactics.

I take advantage now of UPS's Truck Tracking service. Since I joined their network, when a package is shipped, it informs me when the truck is approaching my neighborhood. I can even see it being tracked on both my phone and web. So I know when the truck is approaching and I can be ready for it. Maybe I am a little lucky in that I'm at home mostly (I do work from home) but I've been successful with that.

As for "porch pirates," I say, give'm the "Mark Rober" treatment.

Mark Rober - Glitter Bomb vs. Package Thieves...
I was thinking more along the lines of leaving a bait package filled with dog shit and rags soaked in OC or CS. But then I'd probably be charged for making the poor sack of shit cry.