• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Portable Bench Rests

Seeking_Coyotes

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2017
Anyone have a commercial or other portable bench for shooting. Something that can be easily transported, quickly assembled and dissembled, etc. yet somewhat steady. Drive my truck and set up at 50 yard increments out to 600 yards. Prone is not conducive at the location. I have used hog saddle / prst tripod, harris seated bipod, Caldwell Magnum field pod, etc. but would really like a chair table set up and those I have seen so far seem flimsy.

I was going to suggest this but it appears the website is gone. Maybe they r out of business.

749B7DD3-4F8D-49EF-8200-E30E67437A19.jpeg

I've been using one of these:

Legacy Shooting Bench

Quality product, and a bit cheaper than some of the other benches I was looking at.

I'm often helping others learning to shoot, or sighting in a new rifle etc... And have had to help several that due to physical limitations are unable to shoot prone, and I wouldn't trust them to shoot from a tripod. I can't afford rounds missing the berm. The bench has proved helpful. Good investment.

I made one similar to the Sturkeys with threaded pipe for legs connected to pipe flanges and a double thickness of 3/4" plywood for the top. The only tricky part was cutting three hardwood shims to create an angle so that the legs splayed out. I then bolted the pipe flanges thru the shim and first layer of plywood, then put the 2nd piece of plywood on top of it to cover the bolts. VERY sturdy. Use 3 legs, not 4. I also drilled one hole in the lower portion of the legs and then drilled multiple holes through smaller pipes thats slide up into the legs (cap the ends so they don;t plug with dirt), so that I can pin them at the right height to level the bench.