• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft portable tactical rifle rest

teele1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2002
Florida
Sometime back on this site or another there was information on making a portable tactical rest out of a cut 5 gallon bucket and a backpack or rucksack. Does anyone have that information or direct me to where I can get that info. I’m interested in shooting some tactical shoots in north Florida.
Thank you and Shoot Strait
teele1

Re: portable tactical rifle rest

no sir not bipod i can't remember the details of what i did see on the internet i did see it somewhere and didn't bookmark it
thanks

I know exactly what rest your talking about. The bucket is cut in half from top to botton, and then a piece from the bottom is used as a brace at what was the top to add so rigidity. I tried it and was less than impressed. It had too much spring to it. I shot better using a sling, and I'm not much of a sling shooter. Eventualy just went to an Atlas.

Mr. Kirk thank you for the kind words.

Teele 1,

Here are some pictures of the set up we offer I have used a very similar set up (not near as refined as this set up) for years in the Marine Corps and LE work and have found it not only effective but easily packed and quickly set up. The small tripod works well for bench top or prone shooting

1585e0n.jpg
21kkzk4.jpg

and the medium will allow the shooter to go from ~6" to ~43" (prone to kneeling).
5u1j0k.jpg

If you have any quesitons please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call my cell 281-541-1549. Our website also has some additional information Precision Rifle Solutions . Take care and let me know if we can be of assistance.

Danel

30ae0ih.jpg

thank you gentlemen for your replys I just need to decide on which system to go with have a great weekend Shoot Strait
teele1