• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Portable target holder

Rhys

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
Mesa, AZ
After losing my 800 yard range, about a year ago, where I had put up permanent target racks I had to start over. I made up another target holder for steel that will fit right in the back of my Bronco, and just takes a minute or so to set up. It uses a couple of removeable links so the steel can be changed out easily, and can be removed to transport. 2 Pieces of 9/16 round 15' long, and 1 piece of schedule 40 1-1/4" pipe 2.5' long. 15 minutes with the torch and welder, and we're ready to go.

DSC01018.jpg

Re: Portable target holder

looks good, but carry spare legs for errant shots!!

Can't carry spare legs for it. The legs are one continuous piece.

I've been doing some trial and error with portable target stands for a place I shoot that is 4wd/atv access only. We did a trial using 1/2" id black pipe last week. It lasted through one outing. 1000 yards and a little wind and it is not a matter of IF it is a matter of WHEN!! Heading to a buddy's scrap metal yard this afternoon to scout for more materials.

Nice work!
Your attention to detail shows.

As far as hitting the stand or chain,
Hint...
Saw horses & fire hose...

Wood, Rubber, & Nylon take hits alot better than mild steel.
(Alot cheaper too, each saw horse is about $10 & old fire hose is free.)